• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Bushtec Hitch Discontinued

AwesomeDad

Apparently Bushtec will no longer be making hitches for the Connie. So my understanding is that Denray is the only alternative. That being said need thoughts and options as well as a U.S. source for purchase.

JJ

Apparently Bushtec will no longer be making hitches for the Connie. So my understanding is that Denray is the only alternative. That being said need thoughts and options as well as a U.S. source for purchase.

JJ
Just put a Bushtec hitch on my 2016 that I ordered 3 months ago.

I have a Bushtec hitch for a ZG1000 in the garage and another on my C-14. Back in 2000 I said I would never pull a trailer and then my bride and I started taking long trips on the bike and camping. Needless to say, I Needed more space so in 2001 i bought a 1995 Bushtec Turbo 2 with a hitch, wiring harness, and cooler package for $1500 and have never looked back. I have 80K on the trailer and have never done anything to it but put tires on it. Can’t really tell it is back there except mileage drop 6-7 MPG. ZG1000 handled it well with 2up and a loaded trailer. Not sure other heavier trailers with small wheels and without independent air suspension should have handled as well.