• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Dual helmet lock

DarenLine

Bicycle
Does anyone know where can I buy a dual helmet lock for c14? The one that mount below the rear rack? I would love to have those that they slide open or close as you turn the key, instead of hinge open (hope this makes sense!)

Thank you very much, are all the four keys the same? Or each side is different? Also is this the “slide open close” version? (Like as you turn the key the u slides open?

I think the sliding latch you are looking for are an OEM Kawasaki item. You can find them on ebay or any of the parts suppliers. The problem is cost and finding a listing for a pair with the same key. The original locks were keyed to the bike. The c-10 came with them.

DarenLine said:
Thank you very much, are all the four keys the same? Or each side is different? Also is this the “slide open close” version? (Like as you turn the key the u slides open?
I don't know the answer, I bought two and they were keyed alike. I only use one lock on my bike.

I bought two on ebay. Drilled and tapped holes on the bottom of the rack. Think I paid 10 bucks.

Those fleabay locks are what AST uses. He just mounts the lock on an L bracket to mount to the bike.

Rexter said:
Those fleabay locks are what AST uses. He just mounts the lock on an L bracket to mount to the bike.

That’s right! Thank you all, and thank you flyboy for sharing the link, my search was more specific to Kawasaki leaving a lot of options out, just placed an order, by the way if you search more you will find cheaper ones exactly the same item with a little longer shipping time. (Just copy and paste “2 Pieces Motorcycle Scooter Helmet Lock Secure with 4 Keys Universal Fitment” in the search box ... )

I apologize If I sounded picky for having the sliding version, quite honestly had both versions and the sliding ones are so much better and easier to use with one hand, decided never buy anything else.

Thank you all for your help

Now the search is over .... wait time starts.