• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

SWCOG M&G&E&R is on. Annual Marine Corps Bday and Vet day

OMoaC

Well boys and girls, the great dance in the desert is back on. Yea tho' I ride through the Valley of Death I shall fear no evil. Hell can't catch me, I'm on a connie! Marine Corps Bday and Vet's day M&G&E&R November 13,14,15 at the Delights Hot Springs Tecopa CA.. Folks that made a res for last year before the VID shut down life as we knew it and have a credit must call the resort directly (My lodging is already booked). They will confirm your credit and reserve your lodging. Get 'em quickly, SWCOG doesn't screw around with lolly gaggers or dilly dalliers. Working out feed options now. Also to clear up from previous they do have potable drinking water available but some may not prefer to chew the minerals contained therein. Consider it a vitamin. And they just opened a new pool! Yay me! Don't miss it. Giggles and shenanigans are guaranteed. Stay tuned...........

Posting this in case people didn‘t see it in the old thread...

Message me if you want me to purchase bottled water on your behalf. I'm approximately local and will be driving my cargo down on Friday afternoon, dropping it off, then coming back later with my bike. Of course, living in the desert, I'm used to crunchy water.

I have in my hot little hands my prize from the 2019 Nat that didn't happen. A sweet Aerostich messenger bag that will be given away at this event. Sweet little water proof bag that would hold a small laptop or tablet. Color matches a friend I know bikes color that resides in Pahrump NV. Raffle open to all participants. Git registered.

I shall pack my roll of quarters for aquatic gambling. Heads...............or tails? (This is a chuckle from the Yreka SW/NW meet up years ago. That was fun).
Good times...Not sure you are going to find somebody to dive for quarters in DV though.

Stage 2A. Continue no west through Stovepipe wells. Some nice scenic stuff. Gas and munchies available in both Stovepipe and Panamint springs. From Stovepipe to panamint a fun road with a great elevation change. From Panamint springs and awesome twisty road reminiscent of Hwy %%) in CO. Without the green. Serious drop off canyons with out guard rails, great turns, twists and elevation. Get to the end, turn around and come back down. You pick. https://goo.gl/maps/Etm97wkV8gNr3s447

Stage 2B if you don't want the seat time through Father Crowley and Panamint Springs. Dantes View is a stunning panorama of the Death Valley basin. Over a 4k elevation climb. Watch the temp drop 20 degrees. Look down on Bad Water where you were just at. Well paved twisty road inside of a canyon where the walls are right there. Don't touch though. Come back down and return via Stage 1 or turn right on 190 for stage 3. https://goo.gl/maps/46GgPhSNY3m1Fmke6

So here is the game we will play on Sat night. I have a very nice messenger bag from Aerostitch and a gently used Kawasaki back pack. I know Russ is working on gift cards and others from SWCOG. We will take a deck of playing cards separating them by suit. Half will be given, 1 card to each participant. Half will be the draw pile. Last winner pulls next card. We will match color and number. IE if a 2 of hearts (red) is drawn we will be looking for a 2 of diamonds (red). Same with black. Any remaining cards left after initial issue can be purchased for 5 dollars each for a 50/50 giveaway. 50% goes to the winner, 50% goes to OTP. What say you? You registered yet?

So here is the game we will play on Sat night. I have a very nice messenger bag from Aerostitch and a gently used Kawasaki back pack. I know Russ is working on gift cards and others from SWCOG. We will take a deck of playing cards separating them by suit. Half will be given, 1 card to each participant. Half will be the draw pile. Last winner pulls next card. We will match color and number. IE if a 2 of hearts (red) is drawn we will be looking for a 2 of diamonds (red). Same with black. Any remaining cards left after initial issue can be purchased for 5 dollars each for a 50/50 giveaway. 50% goes to the winner, 50% goes to OTP. What say you? You registered yet?
Just added to the freebies. 1603844709101.png

Holy smokes the raffle prizes are piling up. Here you have am Unauthorized auxiliary fuel tank from the 2017 OTP. Get your own peice of a great controversy. This is damn near becoming a National!

Attachments

• DSCF1028.JPG
    DSCF1028.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 146
Attila and I are coming! I will be bringing some treasures with me to hand out at Mark's discretion! If you are thinking about coming come on out! It will be a fun time...always is!

Committed with a reservation of a ”rustic cowboy trailer". May have a buddy on a bike to accompany me up. See ya all soon.
I have been told by the property that it is very rustic! Look forward to seeing you David. Are you riding up Friday? We all might be able to ride up together...could go the back way there through the 395.

I have been told by the property that it is very rustic! Look forward to seeing you David. Are you riding up Friday? We all might be able to ride up together...could go the back way there through the 395.
I will be coming thru Pearblossom but could meet at the 138/ 395 or Victorville at the 15 around 2:30 or so. It does get dark early but I have work in the AM.

I will be coming thru Pearblossom but could meet at the 138/ 395 or Victorville at the 15 around 2:30 or so. It does get dark early but I have work in the AM.
We likely will leave early Friday David, but I will let you know if that changes.

I should have. They were very polite and extremely well groomed. On second thought maybe they were on their way to a funeral?

Had a great time at Mark's Veteran's Meet and Greet in Tecopa Hot Springs! Fun group of riders and you could not have asked for better weather and conditions to ride, drink, and soak! Thanks again Mark for organizing this event! Now where are we going to have this event next year??? :D :cool:

Semper Fi! Newbie here so sure hoping this is an annual and looking forward to your next go. Still acclimating here lol.👍

DANG -- I saw this pop up fresh at the top of SW Events and I was like -- "Yes, it's on for 2021. Where do I register?"

Then I saw my mistake -- I'm just year late. But, I'm still kind of wondering ... where do I register??? :p

DANG -- I saw this pop up fresh at the top of SW Events and I was like -- "Yes, it's on for 2021. Where do I register?"

Then I saw my mistake -- I'm just year late. But, I'm still kind of wondering ... where do I register??? :p
Hi Dan, Mark is putting this together as only he can! I asked him for dates and location and I am sure he will be posting it soon so we can get it on the calendar.

When are you having your wonderful meet and greet in the passes of California this summer? Need to get it on the calendar too. I cannot wait to do both! :cool: :D(y)

Ok, I’m going to crystal ball this and guess that with Veterans Day on Nov. 11, Mark will likely be looking at that weekend for the big ride.
I’m thinking that mid-September for Sierra Summits, but will post a separate thread for discussion (don’t want to thread-jack or cause confusion).

Well boys and girls, the great dance in the desert is back on. Yea tho' I ride through the Valley of Death I shall fear no evil. Hell can't catch me, I'm on a connie! Marine Corps Bday and Vet's day M&G&E&R November 13,14,15 at the Delights Hot Springs Tecopa CA.. Folks that made a res for last year before the VID shut down life as we knew it and have a credit must call the resort directly (My lodging is already booked). They will confirm your credit and reserve your lodging. Get 'em quickly, SWCOG doesn't screw around with lolly gaggers or dilly dalliers. Working out feed options now. Also to clear up from previous they do have potable drinking water available but some may not prefer to chew the minerals contained therein. Consider it a vitamin. And they just opened a new pool! Yay me! Don't miss it. Giggles and shenanigans are guaranteed. Stay tuned...........

dammit, I don't get back from japan until the 19th. (cue the whiney girl sound) i'm missing the whole riding season (granted its all year in southern california)....but still