• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

86-C10 upper fairing side pocket covers needed.

Mrhyde

Anyone got a pair of decent covers to sell, or a dozen female snaps of the original size so I can fab some covers.

I have got one you can have for postage. It is missing one snap but not torn. Looks good just from 1987 old. Might take a while to find it as know not which box it is stashed in.

I have got one you can have for postage. It is missing one snap but not torn. Looks good just from 1987 old. Might take a while to find it as know not which box it is stashed in.
I appreciate your offer but don’t start digging for it yet as I have a lead to check locally. I will let you know. Thanks!

I'm working on making some from leather. I'll probably use velcro to close them. I don't know how many others have tried this, but maybe I'll post some pics if it works out.

I'm working on making some from leather. I'll probably use velcro to close them. I don't know how many others have tried this, but maybe I'll post some pics if it works out.
That is a great idea! I hadn’t thought about Velcro. Guess it might need to be sewn to the leather though? I’ve had bad luck with most of the self-stick versions, the closure out-performs the adhesive.

Well, my local connection just laughed! So, if the offer still stands, I would be grateful! Take your time, enjoy your holidays! We moved here from WI. last year and it’s good riding, that cover won’t slow me down! We are in Maryville, TN. 37803-7523. Thanks!

Well, my local connection just laughed! So, if the offer still stands, I would be grateful! Take your time, enjoy your holidays! We moved here from WI. last year and it’s good riding, that cover won’t slow me down! We are in Maryville, TN. 37803-7523. Thanks!
Will give it a whirl when company leaves. May be after first. Feel free to tickle my memory on 2nd if I need a prod!

Do the 86 models have 2 covers like that ? My 87 only has one on the left and a locking cover on the right .

Cover on 87 can be used on either side with minimal modification. Less if you do not mind them opening opposite to each other. I have one opening up and the other down. Two locking compartments sure beats the snapping alternative. Take one apart and look how maw kaw did it. Nothing to it even having both opening same.

I found the left pocket to be a great place to install my Stebel horn . My snaps were shot also so I picked up some screws at Walmart that had black plastic covers . Renders the pocket un usable but it fit down there perfectly .