• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Looking To Ride To The National From The Southwest This Year?

Motomaniac

COG Southwest Area Director
Right now I am planning on going to National in Lake Guntersville, Alabama! The dates for The National are June14th-18th. Of course it would be great to have a nice group coming from the Southwest! Gathering a list of those interested in going. We could meet up with interested parties in other southwest states and roar into town! Please comment and make suggestions of possible routes and places to see going and coming back. This is a COG National Rally but all varieties of bikes and their riders are always welcome! It will be a fantastic adventure! Let's start the discussion! :cool:(y)

Right now I am planning on going to National in Lake Guntersville, Alabama! The dates for The National are June14th-18th. Of course it would be great to have a nice group coming from the Southwest! Gathering a list of those interested in going. We could meet up with interested parties in other southwest states and roar into town! Please comment and make suggestions of possible routes and places to see going and coming back. This is a COG National Rally but all varieties of bikes and their riders are always welcome! It will be a fantastic adventure! Let's start the discussion! :cool:(y)
Way :cool:!!!

IN! What is the planned arrival date? 13th or 14th? I need to make reservations!
Rob, I think we are trying to arrive by late Sunday June 13th. The current thought is leaving on Thursday, June 10th. from the West Coast. We would likely meet up with you on Friday somewhere in New Mexico or Texas. Should be a lot of fun! :D

Still mulling over this...Wormhole? or meeting with SW miscreants?...each one has it's pros and cons.
Then, should I book a room? or sleep under the stair case like last time?

So hard to decide.

Riders on the Storm. So Cal and NV shall be meeting on the 10th in Flagstaff AZ. Day 2 is TBD. Like a wave in the ocean we shall gather strength as we approach the coast. We are on our way to provide silliness and Comedic content for the aged curmudgeons. Stand by to stand by. I heard a rumor of a water balloon fight between areas. Any truth?

Riders on the Storm. So Cal and NV shall be meeting on the 10th in Flagstaff AZ. Day 2 is TBD. Like a wave in the ocean we shall gather strength as we approach the coast. We are on our way to provide silliness and Comedic content for the aged curmudgeons. Stand by to stand by. I heard a rumor of a water balloon fight between areas. Any truth?
Haha, here here, count me in on the water balloon fight between areas.

Just so we are on the same page. Are high capacity water balloon magazines legal in AL? Are water balloon mortars allowed? I think the rally master needs to set some rules. I don't want to be disqualified on technicalities. I shall be arranging water balloon cavalry soon. :)

I think AL is still a high-capacity sanctuary State, but as for military-grade recoilless balloon launchers I'm unfamiliar with the statutes. LOL

Last edited:
Just so we are on the same page. Are high capacity water balloon magazines legal in AL? Are water balloon mortars allowed? I think the rally master needs to set some rules. I don't want to be disqualified on technicalities. I shall be arranging water balloon cavalry soon. :)
LOL. "the calvary is a com'in ..."

Shopping begins. Call your lines Sir! No quarter expected, no quarter given. White flags will not be accepted. Bikini tops will be. Harry, I expect your support from the North. Naval Water Balloon fire will be critical for success. I expect the SC will attack with aerial munitions (I blame Ted).

We will miss you Harry! Leaving at 0630 Thursday morning! We will carry everyone's spirit with us to the Southeast destination!

Shopping begins. Call your lines Sir! No quarter expected, no quarter given. White flags will not be accepted. Bikini tops will be. Harry, I expect your support from the North. Naval Water Balloon fire will be critical for success. I expect the SC will attack with aerial munitions (I blame Ted).
A10 isis photobomb.jpg

OMoaC, You have SC air support, just paint the target and call on SOI liaison network on SINCGARS and we will do the rest!

"When it absolutely, positively has to be taken out overnight!!!"

Perfect spot is below the bike wash in parking lot. Geneva Convention prohibits piss-filled SuperSoakers.....:eek:

Last edited:
Shopping begins.

I expect the SC will attack with aerial munitions (I blame Ted).

Not sure how I got into this position, but I accept yer challenge!
{Ain't skert} 🥸

Aerial Munition launchers located;

I suggest 2-3 teams each at 50 yards... {Left half of the USA vs the Right half, or Yankee's vs Rebs or ???}
Ea team could be comprised of 2 sling holders / 1 shooter / 2 ammo carriers & 10 target personnel (ie; target dummies).

NOTE:
Preparatory planning/beer drinking meeting suggested.
Hiding behind a wall / etc is NOT allowed.
Freezing balloons is NOT allowed. {except for Ted's team}.
Holding Rev or tying him to a chair (so he can't run) IS allowed.

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited: