• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hello...and some help needed...:)

jobyfoley7693

Hello all....new member and new Concours owner. 52, been riding most of my life and evolving through bike cycle now to Concours! Located in Chesapeake VA just off 664. Last bike was a 2012 Multistrada 1200 S Touring sold a few years back. I specifically bought this bike to actually do the trips and fun events I never seem to do on other bikes.

Here's the fun....the bike I just bought is a Copart auction win...first time I've done that but the temptation was strong on this bike. It's a 2015 with 19k and the front end was damaged...from the pics...it appears to just be the cowlings, maybe some cowling mounts, headlight/assembly, etc. I've been scrutinizing the photos and picked up that it also looks like the fuel evap cannister lines on top were pushed off. From all the angles it looks like the rider ran it into something on the front right of the bike....but did not hit anything hard enough to damag or even push anything like the radiator, etc Of course, I will not know exactly whats happening until it gets here this Wednesday from Maine. I'm adding some pics...I'm a fairly savvy bike mechanic but don't Concours' and love to have some input from what you all see...the faster I get it all fixed the faster I can join the rides! Any suggestions on best sources for parts, etc is much appreciated!

BTW - If I should split my intro from my "Bike Input" I will gladly do so! Just thought it would be a fun kickoff together and I will do the specific "asks" in appropriate forums after the bike arrives and I have more detail.

Look forward to seeing everyone on a ride soon!

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    246.3 KB · Views: 158
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    237.9 KB · Views: 170
  • 9.jpeg
    9.jpeg
    243.6 KB · Views: 180
  • 7.jpeg
    7.jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 154
  • 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    203.7 KB · Views: 143
Plz tell us ur getting both fobs with ur purchase... quite a project uv undertaken. The headlight assembly aline will run u close to $800...state shopping ebay. Parts from 2010 til present will fit...

Plz tell us ur getting both fobs with ur purchase... quite a project uv undertaken. The headlight assembly aline will run u close to $800...state shopping ebay. Parts from 2010 til present will fit...
:ROFLMAO:. Can't say for sure but it said "Keys = Yes". Will know on Wednesday. I didn't pay much for it expecting it would be several thousand to repair, mod, and farkle up!

Themotoguys on ebay is a good source. Body parts are hard to come by. That thing on the cable around the bars kinda looks like a fob. Keys and fobs are different but sometimes come together. I think you're right about it looking pretty good, should be a good project!

Keep your eyes on the for sale things in the Forum as occasionally someone parts out a bike.

Until then; Look at Ebay, Motorcycle parts, Kawasaki Concours 1400 fairings

Etc, etc, etc,,,,,,,

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
The bike looks kinda familiar . I think someone here may have posted about the accident awhile back . Deer strike maybe ?
That’s about what it looks like to me by the pictures…or they drove into something stationary at low’ish speed. The glancing impact of a deer strike seems like a spot-on explanation

Keep your eyes on the for sale things in the Forum as occasionally someone parts out a bike.

Until then; Look at Ebay, Motorcycle parts, Kawasaki Concours 1400 fairings

Etc, etc, etc,,,,,,,

Ride safe, Ted
Excellent…. Thanks Ted!