• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NE Coggers going to National

dkitchen

Doug Kitchen here from Norwalk Ct, I'm heading down too the National in Alabama. Right now my plan it too leave Thursday PM, ride to at least Allentown Pa. Get a room, then get all the way down to Bristol Va on Friday. Spend Sat-Sun working my way down through that amazing area with the "Tail of the Dragon" and a lot of the other great roads in that area. Spending Sat-Sun nights in this area. Heading to Rally on Monday. Would appreciate any positive info, looking for other riders who heading down to Lake Guntersville. email me direct, djk2151@gmail.com, thank you

I rode the "Tail of the Dragon", then Fontana and Cholutha? Skyway. I hit it at 730 AM Sunday, so there was not traffic thank Gzod, quite an experience for this New England rider. I think we have about 12 switchbacks in all of NE. I've only found seriuos ones on Rt 17 in VT. Anyway I made it our alive.m See ya'll tomorrow in Guntersville!

Cherohala is one of my favorite roads Steve, just have to watch mile 10 on the NC SIDE! Decreasing radius curve with many skid marks from both directions. Stayed at Treetops two times which is right off of the Cherohala.

And it’s pronounced Chera Hayla, not Chera Hollow… (from Cherokee and Nantahala- the land of the mid day sun)

one of my pet peeves….😉