• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New Owner

RangerRay

Just recently got a 2021 C14 and am enjoying it immensely. I’ve ridden FJR’s for 18 years, so there’s a lot to get used to with this new Kawasaki. I’m in north Mississippi, but I’ve biked all over the country. My favorite places to ride are the Rockies, but I’ve also been fortunate over the years to take my bike on business travel anywhere from California to New Hampshire.

I think the best bet would be to ride this bike a while before changing things on it or adding stuff, but I pretty much already know I want to try and duplicate the function of the FJR’s, so I’ve already added a few things:

- Vista Cruise
- Techmount GPS mount
- Garmin Zumo wiring harness/mount
- tank mounting ring for my tank bag ( on order)
- Kawasaki 47 liter top case (partially on order)
- I’m trying a Corbin seat (on order)
- Back-Off! Lights, from the previous bike
- Service manual
- Cox Racing radiator guard
- fender extender
-for Christmas, I want saddlebag liners
7F4B6786-FAD3-490E-9A18-97F268F09253.jpeg

Coming from a bike that had cruise control to one that doesn't is gonna be different/difficult for you. Sorry to tell you this butThat vista cruise wont satisfy you.

When your ready to get a true cruise control theres really only 2 options. Mccruise and a Rostra. You will find numerous threads regarding each on the forum, and opinions regarding both of them..

....and dont do like i did a wait on those saddle bag liners, get them asap, cant believe i ever travelled to events without them. Check the for sale area of the forum, and ebay....

I did sure appreciate the cruise on my FJR, but I’m happy with the throttle locks like I had on my first two FJR’s. I don’t use it much anyway except to shake out my hand occasionally or for short spurts where I use my fingertips on the bars allowing me to sit upright to ease my back a little.

Just recently got a 2021 C14 and am enjoying it immensely. I’ve ridden FJR’s for 18 years, so there’s a lot to get used to with this new Kawasaki. I’m in north Mississippi, but I’ve biked all over the country. My favorite places to ride are the Rockies, but I’ve also been fortunate over the years to take my bike on business travel anywhere from California to New Hampshire.

I think the best bet would be to ride this bike a while before changing things on it or adding stuff, but I pretty much already know I want to try and duplicate the function of the FJR’s, so I’ve already added a few things:

- Vista Cruise
- Techmount GPS mount
- Service manual
- fender extender
View attachment 30383

Hearty congratulations on an excellent choice! I happen to have the same year, make & model. I got my zero miles ride at the end of March and have added 7K miles on it so far this year. Make sure you plan ahead for the first service as 600 miles comes up pretty quick.

Personally, I did the services myself. Final drive 80/90 fluid, 4.75 quarts of {pick your favority JASO M2 oil} and fresh filter, tightened throttle cable, coolant topped off, brake fluid reservoirs checked, tire pressures checked and rear dampener adjusted to suit your riding style. One thing I noticed after swapping out the front tire already is that the OEM Battlaxe T021 skins are ok but almost anything else will provide a different (better) feel than what you're riding on now.

Also, recommend considering getting a flash in the near future before they become rare and/or more pricey. Add a slip-on of your choice (I went with a BlackWidow) and this machine will blossom. If you think it's good in stock form, you're gonna LOVE it with the flash and extra breathing muffler.

Once again, congrats on a very hot looking bike there brother! Enjoy! :^ ) AB
2021 Concours14 ABS 008.png

2021 Concours14 ABS 009.jpg

2021 Concours14 ABS 010.jpg

BW Exhaust 03.jpg

Nice bike! It's a shame that it's not RED though. <sly grin>
Glad you've joined the COG. You will not be disappointed.
DO, come ride with us!
Next years COG National will be in Arkansas.
Start planning to be there...

Ride safe, Ted

Congrats on your new '21 C-14, Scott (aka "RangerRay"). North Mississippi ... you're not far then from next year's National Rally (in June '22) in Eureka Springs. Start planning.

I'm your Asst Area Director (for MS and AL). Earlier this year we had a Ride-to-Eat (at a BBQ spot in Ridgeland) and a post-lunch ride along the Natchez Trace.

I had an FJR quite a while back. Nice bike!

I believe you're going to love the Concours. Rest assured, the folks here will help you spend your $$$$s to customize it to your liking.

Be safe and see you down the road ....

- Vista Cruise
- Techmount GPS mount
- Service manual
- fender extender
View attachment 30383
Welcome RangerRay - glad you found us and already a member. I came from a late 90’s C-10 to brand new 17’ C-14 - I was considering the FJR but all for performance reasons went with the C-14.

Bit of an electronic dinosaur but make no mistake she comes alive where it counts….

Suspension needed a little attention for 2-up but now sweeeeet…

Biggest item I thought had best bang for the buck was ECU tuning: better mileage, performance and very smooth all around upgrade to the fueling.

As already mentioned lots of farkles from suspension, cruise, Quickshifters, exhaust, windscreens, lighting, seats, bars, etc.

Look forward to hearing your impression of the C-14, don’t hold back - bring it on amd we’ll help iron out any bumps with ya.

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Last edited:

- Vista Cruise
- Techmount GPS mount
- Service manual
- fender extender
View attachment 30383
Love the stripes!

I’m your SE AreaDirector.

Welcome to the madhouse.

Glad to be here. I feel like I’ve started a new chapter, but I’m loving the bike more and more. As I get it all “farkled” up, it’s sort of reminding me of the feeling I had when I first had an FJR in the shed. I’m slowly appreciating the Connie for what it is and really loving the extra power.

Welcome Ranger Ray!! Congratulations on the new bike and you will enjoy the Southeast though I think the Southwest is prettier! Great group of members out there! :cool: (y)

Welcome!

I worked with a couple of Feejer Fans - both of whom did multiple Iron Butts on theirs. Would be curious to hear your opinions of both after you've had some time aboard your C14.

I will definitely write up something and make a post, but I’ve got to tread lightly. I REALLY liked FJR’s and made some early comparisons on another Facebook group and my comments weren’t well received. The admin for the page literally said he didn’t want to hear it 😀

So far, I've gotten a few things installed:

- Vista Cruise
- Techmount GPS mount
- Kawasaki 47 liter top case
- Service manual
- fender extender

I'm still waiting on the mounting ring for my tank bag, but I got my Corbin seat in today. I ordered and tried out a new windshield from CalSci over the weekend. I got the standard width, but with an additional 2.5" in height. I removed the MADSTAD windshield bracket that I had previously installed. Wind control is now about perfect, but I'm finding that it's a hot bike. I attribute this to more fairing coverage on my lower body compared to what I had on the FJR.

The seat is going to be fantastic!!

245276358_10226202622282279_1969843440789189377_n.jpg

241454270_10226202620962246_632609374475891154_n.jpg

Curious to know how the super-size top box feels on the back at speed. Are there any aerodynamic anomalies, or does the airflow feel fine with the larger windshield cutting a larger hole? How about with cross-winds? Appreciate you sharing your thoughts on that!

Also, the Corbin saddle looks very nice. Pls keep us posted on how it feels during & after longer rides!

Looking very nice there! Glad you're enjoying it too! :^ )

Curious to know how the super-size top box feels on the back at speed. Are there any aerodynamic anomalies, or does the airflow feel fine with the larger windshield cutting a larger hole? How about with cross-winds? Appreciate you sharing your thoughts on that!

Also, the Corbin saddle looks very nice. Pls keep us posted on how it feels during & after longer rides!

Looking very nice there! Glad you're enjoying it too! :^ )

There is some minor weaving with the top case installed at higher speeds. The weaving seems to be more pronounced when I’m not breaking virgin air, such as when there are several vehicles ahead of me on the 4-lane highways. I neither consider this a flaw, nor does it concern me much. It seems to me no different from my experience on my previous bikes with top cases.

I haven’t noticed that the weaving is any worse or better with varying sizes of windshields. It happens with any size windshield I’ve ever owned, however it seems more pronounced at higher speeds regardless. I should probably experiment more since our windshield is electrically adjustable, but it’s just never concerned me that much.

The one time that crosswind action got my attention with any significance was while riding through Kansas one hot day. I don’t think I was even running with a top case then, but I did have a large bundle on the passenger seat containing clothes and a laptop computer. The wind was so strong that it snapped my CB antenna 6” from the base and would continually blow my magnetic tank bag off. Those safety straps are important!
I rode 25 miles or better in a constant lean which was a little unnerving because sometimes the wind velocity would vary so quickly that it would be hard to maintain my lane position. (I should have let everyone know this last paragraph refers to an experience on an FJR. The furthest trip on this C14 so far has been about 500 miles)

Last edited: