• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Source for final drive crush washers?

skiee

Other than PartZilla, Ron Ayers, ect. I want to get a few to have on hand when I change the oil. Suggestions??

Norm

I re-use the old washer and wrap the threads with some teflon tape, keeping the tape away from the last three threads.

I re-use the old washer and wrap the threads with some teflon tape, keeping the tape away from the last three threads.

Or just flip it over. I've had to do that when I realized I was out of new ones. No issues noted.

Unfortunately unless I missed something Murph's doesn't carry the washer for the final drive.

Im guessing it's the same size as the oil drain plug...
Boy, I wish!
It's a smaller washer. Didn't want to go to the dealership but I might have to. Murphs doesn't carry them or I'd order them thru him. I've had the same washer since I bought the bike in '14, so I think it's given me good service & just wanna retire it!!

Norm

Other than PartZilla, Ron Ayers, ect. I want to get a few to have on hand when I change the oil. Suggestions??

Norm
Believe it or not, I've had success with the M8 Hillman flat washers from Lowe's. I've been using them yearly for 4 years now with no leaks, no problems.