• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

90 Degree C14 TPS air stems back in stock

Murph

Title says it all

https://murphskits.com/c14-90degree-tps-valve-stems/

Sorry folks, I mistook some information , these will only work with the earlier units where the stem screwed into the sensor body

Basically the units used from 08 to 14, ones that people have been able to switch batteries out in

Sorry for the false hope!

Murph

Priced per pair, shipping included in the USA
$39.20

Murph

Last edited:
Shoot, I just replaced my tires last week...oh well the way this bike goes through tires it won't be long until I'll be placing an order for these valve stems 😃

Hey Murph,

Do these work with the newer (post 2012-13) version of the TPMS? I thought you used to have a note about this on your site, but I don't see it now.

Thanks,

Mark

Agree with Ron's question. How are these going to work on my '21? Are they a straight replacement? Just unscrew the OEM and screw these in and fill to spec? And would we want to use some medium loctite to keep them snug?

Thx for any guidance y'all. AB

Morning..

I haven't looked, but if the part number for the TPS unit is the same it " should", don't think the wheels have anything new to them

How do these work? Sorry to be a little slow. LOL

You put air in your tire with em...*snicker*

Couldn't help it...
Are they a straight replacement? Just unscrew the OEM and screw these in and fill to spec?

You would need to do it when replacing (or removing) your tires...same install as OEM

Im on the road today, I'll do some part number checking for cross reference over the weekend

Murph

Morning..

I haven't looked, but if the part number for the TPS unit is the same it " should", don't think the wheels have anything new to them

You put air in your tire with em...*snicker*

Couldn't help it...

You would need to do it when replacing (or removing) your tires...same install as OEM

Im on the road today, I'll do some part number checking for cross reference over the weekend

Murph
Good thing I’ve got no shame. LOL but you’ll sell more with a little more info.

I’ve got new tires but the clock is running on my TpMS batteries. It might be worth having a pair of these in my stash for later. That way when I can’t find them at that time, you’ve get to sell me another sets. 😂

Ron

A big sense of humor leads to a happy life..

WOJO...I got to back up..

Confused part numbers....these WILL NOT WORK with the replacement sensors that are PN 21176-0125, which became the standard units in 2014.

I misunderstood a conversation with one of my long time COG buddys.....these will only work with the units that were OEM from 08 to 14 that the stem screwed into the sensor body. But, as a lot of folks have been replacing the batteries in these units, I will keep them in stock

Sorry for the false start...

Murph

Excellent! Thanks Murph, just placed an order to have on the shelf for the next tire change. The OEM stems are fine when I'm at home and have a few different kinds of air chucks to choose from, but on the road you don't always have a choice. Might as well set myself up for success.

Ron

A big sense of humor leads to a happy life..

WOJO...I got to back up..

Confused part numbers....these WILL NOT WORK with the replacement sensors that are PN 21176-0125, which became the standard units in 2014.

I misunderstood a conversation with one of my long time COG buddys.....these will only work with the units that were OEM from 08 to 14 that the stem screwed into the sensor body. But, as a lot of folks have been replacing the batteries in these units, I will keep them in stock

Sorry for the false start...

Murph
Welll......don't know if that helped or if I'm still ignorant..LOL I have a 2014. So...
1) Will they screw into my units or not? (Which style do these fit, I know there are two distinct designs). I'm thinking I have the "new"style. I currently keep a screw on 90 degree extension in my bag in case I need it on the road. I too, can handle it at home.
2) Do I have to take the unit off the wheel to do the "screwing" (sounds a little wrong......)
3) Did the TPMS units change FOR 2014 or AFTER 2014? (See your reply). I don't think these will work on mine.
Thanks

Thanks

Welll......don't know if that helped or if I'm still ignorant..LOL I have a 2014. So...
1) Will they screw into my units or not? (Which style do these fit, I know there are two distinct designs). I'm thinking I have the "new"style. I currently keep a screw on 90 degree extension in my bag in case I need it on the road. I too, can handle it at home.
2) Do I have to take the unit off the wheel to do the "screwing" (sounds a little wrong......)
3) Did the TPMS units change FOR 2014 or AFTER 2014? (See your reply). I don't think these will work on mine.
Thanks

Thanks
Ron - I believe the cutover to the new style TPMS units occurred in 2012. Here is a link to another thread about the TPMS. It includes a picture that shows you how you can tell the difference between the older style and the newer style. Hope this helps.

Post in thread 'TPMS question'
https://forum.concours.org/index.php?threads/tpms-question.53767/post-643677

The original TPS units were made by LDL, not sure if that shows up on the Kawasaki installed units or not, the replacement units, and OEM from I "think" late 2012 on are Schrader units,,,and that is the current superseded part number for all C14s..

Help?

Murph

I now have Murph's 90 degree valve stems on my bike, however before getting those (and they are worth it, especially on the road (y)) I used an Oxford valve tool thingie and I think it would be the best solution for those poor souls stuck with the newer TPMS units.