• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

COG license plate brackets?

texas.devops

I haven’t seen a COG branded license plate bracket. We have mugs, caps, polos and tool kit bags. But no license plate brackets?

I want to get rid of this dealership bracket this summer and I can’t find a C14-related plate wrapper that is worth my $’s.

Looking for ideas if anyone has something snappy to share! TIA, AB

I haven’t seen a COG branded license plate bracket. We have mugs, caps, polos and tool kit bags. But no license plate brackets?

I want to get rid of this dealership bracket this summer and I can’t find a C14-related plate wrapper that is worth my $’s.

Looking for ideas if anyone has something snappy to share! TIA, AB
This is a fantastic idea! I suggest both cycle size and auto size while at it.

Howdy. Just checking to see what our status is on advancing this concept into the realization phase. I'm itching to get rid of the dealer's frame.

TIA, AB

Not what you are looking for, but like many here I just have to add my 1.5¢ even if it isn't what the previous poster was talking about....

..so with that in mind, I just took some Acetone and removed the dealer's lettering from my plate frame, then applied the Concours Owner's Group sticker. I probably could have polished it a bit to make the plastic shine...oh well....again, not what you are looking for, but it's something for you to do while you wait...and wait...until you lose interest because you like the one you made better. ;)

i-CknZdBb.jpg

Here's a thought for a future National: Perhaps we could have license plate frames made to put in the Attendee bags?
They always put Trinkets in them with COG logo etc.
Maybe 1 Frame would be a possibility?

NOTE:
I had my plate frame made at a Motorcycle Show "MANY" years ago. (25+)
They had various sayings, or they would put whatever letters/words you wanted on a plastic frame for X number of $$.
I still have it on my bike.
Mine sez; "Horn Broken" / "Watch for Finger".. 😜

Ride safe, Ted

Anymore info about if, when ,where and how...? Its such a good idea. It should get going......

Concur. Not sure why is is moving at such a glacial pace. Should be a decision taken by the Board between meetings (if that’s how these things are registered and reported in the minutes) and then a vendor chosen to produce a batch of 50-100 (or whatever the estimated size of an order should be).

It’ll take a shop about two weeks to tool up and push out a production run, likely at a cost of ~$17 to $20 each up to 50 (for example). Orders of 500 will cost $8 to $13 each, or some variation along this algorithm.

Sold on the COG store at cost + 10% will allow it to be a near straight pass-through more or less, with some margin to cover admin and other soft costs. Only question will be how many colors and styles I’d think.

Not an excuse, just an explanation.The club’s in need of of some additional volunteers, being a little short staffed slows things down. There are several folks pulling double duty here and there.

Anyone who’d like to help somewhere, please pm me and I’ll try to hook you up somewhere.

We’ve had a few new volunteers step up recently to help with IT, the magazine, and the CDA program and all have been terrific. Thank you all. Anyone else? Please?

Not an excuse, just an explanation.The club’s in need of of some additional volunteers, being a little short staffed slows things down. There are several folks pulling double duty here and there.

Anyone who’d like to help somewhere, please pm me and I’ll try to hook you up somewhere.

We’ve had a few new volunteers step up recently to help with IT, the magazine, and the CDA program and all have been terrific. Thank you all. Anyone else? Please?

Totally understood Ron. I may have sounded a bit brash, and that wasn't my intention so apologies amigo. Does seem to be a very worthwhile way to invest a few hours a week. If I wasn't finishing up school and working on a couple global projects right now I'd be super happy to help out. But between family, school and work I'm running on fumes at the end of most days.

Many thanks to our cadre of volunteers BTW. Y'all deserve a big shout-out for all you're doing to help keep our little corner of the planet safe from any undesirable Tom Foolery while maintaining a consistently available forum in which we can gather and share. Well done! Keep up the fine work!

Cheers, AB

NP. You know what they say about if you want something done, give it to a busy person ( or is it a lazy person)? I’ve been guilty of being both.🤣 Don’t sell yourself short!