• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Breakfast Run!! Southern California! Sunday September 4th! Labor Day Weekend Ride!

Motomaniac

COG Southwest Area Director
It's that time again!! This is the 10th BR coming up this Sunday, September 4th! Come on out and participate! We are going to ride a traditional breakfast run with maybe a twist in the route. Looks like it's going to be very warm so my goal is to be home by 1pm. Breakfast is at 8:30am at the Landing Zone Cafe in Lake Elsinore and then KSU at 9:30am. We usually have breakfast but if you only want to ride that's great too! I hope we have many riders participate in this really fun ride! It's not an all day ride....we usually are home by 1-2pm. Register on the Event Calendar which has all the information you need. See you this Sunday! :cool: (y)

I was the only one that turned out for the Breakfast Run today. And all I did was take Ortega Highway to the Landing Zone Cafe to make sure if anyone showed up for breakfast I would join them. ;) No one did and so I headed home. It was going to be very hot today with high's in the 100's and Labor Day weekend caused many not to attend. I agree it was getting very steamy at 9:30am when I arrived home. Already over 100 degrees! Here are some pictures of my travels today. Have a super day!

Pictures 1 and 2- Lake Elsinore from South Divide Road Picture 3- The now closed Hells Kitchen Picture 4- Haffey Farms Mountain Market- Nice place to stop across from Hells Kitchen Picture 5- Looking west on Ortega Highway

Attachments

• BRS1.JPG
    BRS1.JPG
    200.6 KB · Views: 68
  • BRS2.JPG
    BRS2.JPG
    195.8 KB · Views: 63
  • BRS3.JPG
    BRS3.JPG
    228.9 KB · Views: 67
  • BRS4.JPG
    BRS4.JPG
    221.8 KB · Views: 67
  • BRS5.JPG
    BRS5.JPG
    183.6 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
A few more... Picture 1- Looking west on Ortega Highway Picture 2- Casper's Regional Wilderness Park along Ortega Highway Picture 3- Dana Point late Saturday evening Picture 4- Dana Point late Saturday evening. Beautiful sunset along the water.

Attachments

• BRS6.JPG
    BRS6.JPG
    178.6 KB · Views: 60
  • BRS7.JPG
    BRS7.JPG
    316.8 KB · Views: 62
  • BRS8.JPG
    BRS8.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 62
  • BRS9.JPG
    BRS9.JPG
    150 KB · Views: 65
What a good man Russ!
I rode to SANTA BARBARA yesterday to see my ill father in law. Part of the ride at 11 am was 106°. It was brutal.

What a good man Russ!
I rode to SANTA BARBARA yesterday to see my ill father in law. Part of the ride at 11 am was 106°. It was brutal.
Well you are even a better man to go visit your ill father in law. Hope he is getting better. It has been uncharacteristically hot for many days. You always get some hot weather but the last few weeks it's been day after day.