• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

WTB Inner Fork Tubes - 1995 C-10, SOLD!

2andblue

COG Executive Director
COGdom looking for Qty. 1 (preferably 2) PIPE-FORK INNER TUBES, PN# 44013-1400, see inset pic below.

31996C10-722F-4C4F-81BE-3CBF87E6D611.jpegThis is for a 1995 C-10 in the garage right now that needs forks rebuilt. (Same part used from 1994-1998, maybe even longer) The inner fork tubes have a good deal of rust, mainly above the path of suspension travel and one tube has a few small dings from rocks that ARE in the path of suspension travel and likely what wrecked the seal. I can remove the rust but clearly the forks are pitted and will re-rust and I suspect the couple burrs even when cleaned up may yield to rust (chrome removed) and/or shortened seal life.

Anyone have a couple of these rust and ding free available to purchase? I want to help this AF veteran enjoy retirement on the machine he loved years ago that came to me literally as a frame w/engine (non-running), wheels, electricals and the rest a giant pile of parts. After much work runs great, strong - smooth engine, and many farkles from the C-10 era installed.

Note: I did SEAL-DR the seals, reduced but did not eliminate leaking.

Thank You,
Wayne, Carol & Blue

COGdom looking for Qty. 1 (preferably 2) PIPE-FORK INNER TUBES, PN# 44013-1400, see inset pic below.

View attachment 34652This is for a 1995 C-10 in the garage right now that needs forks rebuilt. (Same part used from 1994-1998, maybe even longer) The inner fork tubes have a good deal of rust, mainly above the path of suspension travel and one tube has a few small dings from rocks that ARE in the path of suspension travel and likely what wrecked the seal. I can remove the rust but clearly the forks are pitted and will re-rust and I suspect the couple burrs even when cleaned up may yield to rust (chrome removed) and/or shortened seal life.

Anyone have a couple of these rust and ding free available to purchase? I want to help this AF veteran enjoy retirement on the machine he loved years ago that came to me literally as a frame w/engine (non-running), wheels, electricals and the rest a giant pile of parts. After much work runs great, strong - smooth engine, and many farkles from the C-10 era installed.

Note: I did SEAL-DR the seals, reduced but did not eliminate leaking.

Thank You,
Wayne, Carol & Bl
I am pretty sure I have an 86 or 87 frontend. I know they had air over oil but are the tunes different too?

I am pretty sure I have an 86 or 87 frontend. I know they had air over oil but are the tunes different too?
Unfortunately, these are different, and not a match. Holes as @Bud mentioned, and also the length possibly.

Thank You for prompt attempt though.

Wayne, Carol & Blue

I have 2 complete sets of forks.

1999 with 65,183 miles. No pitting or rust on tubes. Seals and wipers appear good. Have fork oil in them, not sure of age.

2002 with 28,xxx miles. No rust but some slight pitting on the inner tubes above fork travel - tubes are fine within travel areas. Seals and wipers appear good.

Someone wise me up.
I think all fork tubes, calipers, wheels, fenders, etc were the same after the early Connies?
Changed in what year? Mebbe 94?

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
I have 2 complete sets of forks.

1999 with 65,183 miles. No pitting or rust on tubes. Seals and wipers appear good. Have fork oil in them, not sure of age.

2002 with 28,xxx miles. No rust but some slight pitting on the inner tubes above fork travel - tubes are fine within travel areas. Seals and wipers appear good.
Stasch shooting you a PM Thank You.

Wayne

Someone wise me up.
I think all fork tubes, calipers, wheels, fenders, etc were the same after the early Connies?

Ride safe, Ted
Researched the Inner Fork Tube and Upper / Lower Bushing P/N's - see what I found below for the various years of these fork components.

Unsure if after the 94' change the P/N differences between 94-98 & 99-02 are due to material, coatings or actual dimensional differences.

Question then is - swap to a new generation are outer dimensions the same for fitment and then just rebuild with same era components (seals and bushings).

Year / Kawasaki Part & PN
Inner Fork Tube
Upper Bushing
Lower Bushing
86-93
44013-1254​
44065-1064​
44065-1081​
94-98
44013-1400​
44065-1085​
44065-1086​
99-05
44013 1458​
44065-1114​
44065-1115

If you don't get what you need.....have a fork from a '01. Picked it up because I needed the spring and top cap. Tube is smooth and good. I'd take it out of the lower fork and send it to you for the freight.

If you don't get what you need.....have a fork from a '01. Picked it up because I needed the spring and top cap. Tube is smooth and good. I'd take it out of the lower fork and send it to you for the freight.
Thank You, will circle-up in next day.

Stasch has what is needed, just getting the shipping $.

COG network of owners is amazing!

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Ted, they'll work as he'll be using the entire fork assemblies which fits all 94-06 calipers, fender, axle and speedo drive gear.

I've swapped 94 and 00 fork tubes before (as complete assemblies) and they worked fine on both bikes. My 00 is still running the 94 forks 62,000+ miles later. The velcroed fork protectors have also lasted!

The 'History of the Concours' article shows 99 and up changed to a double lipped fork seal (perhaps with different dimensions?), and the upper diameter at the top of the lower fork leg 'sprouted' the fork protectors and therefore had a larger OD.

C10 owners that swap forks need to remember their 'year set' for the future if they ever need to order fork seals / wipers or a fork brace and as Ted has pointed out above, bushings.

Murphs shows two different sets of seals for 86-98 and 99-06.

https://murphskits.com/concours-fork-seals-wipers-1/

94+ fork assemblies will also fit ALL year's triple trees for those swapping newer style front ends to 86-93.

(Edited to add bushings specific to year ranges for future reference)

Last edited:
Someone wise me up.

Ride safe, Ted
In addition to the fork tube, fork leg and bushing variances mentioned above:

86-93 had 1st Gen wheel, front fender, axle and calipers.

Beginning in 94 all the way through 06, C10's had the 2nd Gen wheel, front fender, axle and calipers.

Interestingly, seal and wiper kits are either for 86-98 (which include both generations of C10) or 99-06 (all of which are 2nd generation).

Ted, they'll work as he'll be using the entire fork assemblies which fits all 94-06 calipers, fender, axle and speedo drive gear.

I've swapped 94 and 00 fork tubes before (as complete assemblies) and they worked fine on both bikes. My 00 is still running the 94 forks 62,000+ miles later. The velcroed fork protectors have also lasted!

The 'History of the Concours' article shows 99 and up changed to a double lipped fork seal (perhaps with different dimensions?), and the upper diameter at the top of the lower fork leg 'sprouted' the fork protectors and therefore had a larger OD.

C10 owners that swap forks needs to remember their 'year set' for the future if they ever need to order fork seals / wipers or a fork brace and as Ted has pointed out above, bushings.

Murphs shows two different sets of seals for 86-98 and 99-06.

https://murphskits.com/concours-fork-seals-wipers-1/

94+ fork assemblies will also fit ALL year's triple trees for those swapping newer style front ends to 86-93.

(Edited to add bushings specific to year ranges for future reference)
Can I ask what needed to be done to swap the zx9r forks to the c10. I have a 94 zx9r I was going to restore but if the forks, calipers and front wheel will fit my c10 I’d just use them to make it work. I’d assume I’m not going to be able to use the handlebars from the c10 and have to make some sort of normal bars work. What about the steering stem and stuff?

I believe the steering stem on the lower triple tree from the zx9 needs to be removed and replaced with the one from the C10.

There may also be some machining that needs to be done to get this to happen. It has been done and if you search enough you should be able to find the thread.

You can also use a ZRX front end with a lot less work. I did it to my 99 C10 before I sold it.

I already have a 94 zx9. Wish I could just find a zrx1200 with a blown tranny lol. I’m gonna have to get a spare c10 because I don’t want to put mine out of commission to fab it up