• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Well it finally happened

AwesomeDad

30 years of successful riding and had to lay her down...(my Valkyrie ) I’m guessing guy in front of me was on his phone looked up saw brake lights and did a panic stop. I had no where to go it was a construction zone and going left would of put me into a concrete barrier. So I slowed as much as possible and braced for impact. I’ll have pics of the bike later, I walked to the ambulance to find out later I had 6 broken ribs, busted collar bone and punctured lung. There was no slide I was just thrown off the bike and landed on my shoulder. I’d estimate less than 5 mph when all was said and done... so all is well and I’m finally home hopefully get the bike back on the road come spring...

JJ

Yikes, so sorry to hear this, but happy you're still with us. Know your family does, for sure!

That's quite a bit re: your injuries. God-speed on your recovery!

Ouch! Sorry to hear that happened. That sounds painful to me... I cracked 5 or 6 ribs and broke a collar bone myself one time. It was misery to laugh or sneeze for the next month or so after that. I have faith you will heal completely.

Sorry to hear about the accident - glad you are, relatively speaking, ok!

I am sure the next few days will be uncomfortable as hell but you are sharing this with all of us and I see nothing about the important part - head injuries - were you wearing full gear?

Heal quickly!

Sorry to hear about the accident - glad you are, relatively speaking, ok!

I am sure the next few days will be uncomfortable as hell but you are sharing this with all of us and I see nothing about the important part - head injuries - were you wearing full gear?

Heal quickly!
ATGATT for sure jacket, helmet and boots were toast but did their job. No neck, head, or spine injuries only two spots of road rash where there was apparently a gap in my gear...

JJ

Last edited:
Sorry to hear. Good luck on your recovery, Awesome. During crash recovery a dozen yrs ago, the first 5 days were the most painful for my 4 ribs, and the dreaded codene painkiller tablets really helped for those 5 days.

Sorry to hear. Good luck on your recovery, Awesome. During crash recovery a dozen yrs ago, the first 5 days were the most painful for my 4 ribs, and the dreaded codene painkiller tablets really helped for those 5 days.
Thanks I’m avoiding the pain meds I’m on day 4 so far so good...

AGATT for sure jacket, helmet and boots were toast but did their job. No neck, head, or spine injuries only two spots of road rash where there was apparently a gap in my gear...

JJ
ATGATT All The Gear All The Time: mantra to LIVE by!

I too am glad to hear that you're going to be ok.

I'm going to play the devil's advocate for a moment and ask you why you felt the need to lay the bike down, therefore losing any control that you might have had, instead of standing on the brakes and maintaining some control over what happened?

I too am glad to hear that you're going to be ok.

I'm going to play the devil's advocate for a moment and ask you why you felt the need to lay the bike down, therefore losing any control that you might have had, instead of standing on the brakes and maintaining some control over what happened?
I’m sorry maybe poor choice of wording on my part, I rode it to the point of impact then was thrown off and the bike went down.

Get better. I hope his insurance company does not go after you too bad.
I don’t think so, the police report listed minimal damage and no injuries on his part. There was also witnesses claiming they couldnt see any visible damage. But who knows. Of course I left the dash cam on my other bike smh...

Hope you're feeling better and up and riding soon. Just this weekend, I thought about just jumping on my bike and riding a mile down the road to pick up a sandwich, I thought about it for a second and then put on my helmet, then my jacket, and finally my gloves. I'd love to ride in cutoffs and a T shirt like I used to in the 70's, but I know better now. ATGATT