• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2021 Connecticut Activity Ideas

S Smith

Northeast Area Director
CT COG members... Let's begin a discussion on possible activity ideas for 2021. This way we can be prepared to get activities posted on the Event Calendar. I feel it is better to plan activities and cancel if needed. Post up your proposals for Winter and Spring CT activities.

I'm gone a lot in the summer, but planning ahead will make it easier for me to attend. I think continuing monthly meet and greets is important. And I would be willing to plan/host a weekend ride Maybe up in the Northeast corner through Bigelow Hollow or down on the shoreline. I can pick a date and we can discuss.

To start, not so much a 2021 planning session but something more immediate. Long range forecast for this Friday, 6-Nov, is looking pretty darn good. Thinking about heading down to the coast to Hammonasset Beach to enjoy a seafood lunch and then check out the uncrowded beach afterwards. If any interest, let me know here or via pm and we can set up a convenient meeting spot and start a separate thread to avoid hijacking this one (which I have somewhat already done ;)).

For 2021 activities, some of the best riding is mid-week with minimum cage traffic. Usually this is a relatively short planning cycle based on the weather and my ability to take a day off from work (yes, I still work). As a result, a lot of solo rides with occasionally finding a riding partner or two. Home base is NW corner of CT. Day rides range from the Hudson Valley and Cats in the west to VT in the north. Not too much going south or east, except for the above mentioned Beach ride and maybe a ride to Gillette Castle on the CT River. I can do a much better job of posting these on the forum in '21 or at least have a list of those who might be interested with little advance notice.

I'll plan a camping trip if anyone is interested in tenting from your bike!? :) Oh & I'll do a Glock in the tank bag if U all want to play hooky from work & get some range time at say noon time & then a short ride to get some dinner before U all head home! (y)

Last edited:
I'm very interested in doing some bike camping. So much so, I almost bought a Mini Mate camper this spring, but was concerned about towing with my C10. Haven't found one now that I have a C14. Getting the tent on the bike is the thing I need to figure out, I have all the backpacking gear already. I'd like to get a campsite up north in the White Mountains for a week this summer, and use it as a base for day trips. Maybe Dolly Copp, or someplace like that. A few local overnight trips would be good as well.

I'm very interested in doing some bike camping. So much so, I almost bought a Mini Mate camper this spring, but was concerned about towing with my C10. Haven't found one now that I have a C14. Getting the tent on the bike is the thing I need to figure out, I have all the backpacking gear already. I'd like to get a campsite up north in the White Mountains for a week this summer, and use it as a base for day trips. Maybe Dolly Copp, or someplace like that. A few local overnight trips would be good as well.
Gary I have a 3 man tent that I use as I like room for my gear in the tent when I camp & the red bag is my tent when I had my Triumph ST & I still have it & I should set it up to make sure it's still in useable shape & now that I have my Harley I figure it'll be easier as I have a dry bag for my clothes & other things! :)
Instead of a trailer, I'm thinking of getting the thing in the pic called a Tri-Pack for my Harley so I can ride longer distance safer due to physical issues & take all my camping gear w/ me & have room for a passenger if I want to & it can be quickly removed when I get to the campground to make riding fun in the twisties! :)

Attachments

• 031.JPG
    031.JPG
    287.3 KB · Views: 122
  • 9-14-19 Wendy's-1.jpg
    9-14-19 Wendy's-1.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 115
  • Tri-Pack.jpg
    Tri-Pack.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 115
OK folks, it's already a quarter to February. How about we start with a meet and greet on the first Wednesday of very month? In the past, these have been well attended and have led to some local weekend rides. I'm proposing the first for 5 May. Roads should be clear by then. I'm thinking we start at Guida's in Middlefield at 6:30 pm. You order at the window and there are picnic tables outside, as they don't let customers inside due to Covid. I'll post directions and get it on the events calendar if I get some interest.