• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Can't say I'm thrilled with Bridgestone Battlax

Congrats on using up the sides of your tires! Thinking you will really like whatever other brand replacement tire you choose.
A number of tire threads here and elsewhere ... and you can experiment with tire psi - if you choose to. :)

Last edited:
That's about as bad as I've ever seen with so few miles. You sure you ran them with air em...lol. Left side of tires always wear faster than the right and once you get down to the last few millimeter of rubber the wear rate really takes off, especially on our C14's.

My original/OEM tire looked about the same at approx. the same miles.
Went for a ride (thinking it had enough treat for the day) and the last of the tread wore away "very" quickly.
Had to nurse it 100 miles, looking like that to get home.

Ride safe, Ted

Wow, I'd say that tire is quite a few miles past it's prime LOL. Thanks for the info.

Glad it did not let you down at a moment when you really needed it.

Congrats on using up the sides of your tires! Thinking you will really like whatever other brand replacement tire you choose.
A number of tire threads here and elsewhere ... and you can experiment with tire psi - if you choose to. :)
Appreciate the flattery, Red Fox re sides of tires! We'll see if Michelin is better.

My original/OEM tire looked about the same at approx. the same miles.
Went for a ride (thinking it had enough treat for the day) and the last of the tread wore away "very" quickly.
Had to nurse it 100 miles, looking like that to get home.

Ride safe, Ted

I ended up in the same situation as Ted, headed out for a 800 mile weekend ride thinking I had enough tread. 1/2 way through the ride the tire literally started to disappear at a alarming rate every gas stop. Ended up with cord showing all the way around the center of the tire.

Limped it home, that was with 4,100 miles on the clock.

Michelin Pilot 2 is fantastic. Could tell the difference immediately. Not just vs the old beat up Battlax - the bike handles much better than when the battlax was new