• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

RWTW 28

bugnut

The 2022, 28th edition of Run with the Wolf is open for registration. The messaging is the same as with previous Wolf’s (Wolves?) but please read through the below!

All are welcome to this three-day rally, 8 -11 September, so if you are considering a full membership in the Concours Owners Group (COG), please come and meet us, see how we do things in SECOG, and maybe you'll be convinced to become a member. We might grow on you, and you'll meet some great people who love to ride.

If you are unable to come for the full three days, come for as long as you can. Some folks even start camping on the Wednesday before to enjoy more time in the area. But please don't miss the biggest rally in the southeast area. Last year was spot on weather-wise, riding-wise and overall perfect-wise!

The Southeast members are known to enjoy a good bonfire, so again we'll have a large common area for our nightly fire. As our members are also known to go late into the night around the fire, we've made arrangements to have a good supply of wood available as usual. SECOG members are the most experienced campers in all of COG, so expect all of the usual things that we like.

Food

Included in the rally fee is a Saturday night banquet BBQ dinner catered by the TWoS staff. Remember to wear the wristband you will receive at check-in to the banquet dinner (no wristband = no dinner). Having a headcount is also crucial for the TWoS staff to plan for our meal (so please try to register early!).

Camping & Lodging

Camping

Two Wheels of Suches (TWoS), also known as TWO (Two Wheels Only), has been totally remodeled, featuring all new bath houses and rest rooms, and the main lodge has gone through a complete rebuild, with a new kitchen and loft sleeping quarters. Due to issues surrounding Covid and downturn of attendance this past year and need to support TWO, the camping rate is now $20 overnight. Dang - that's reasonable even if it popped up a bit from last year!

Once again this year, TWoS will have 3 camp sites that will have electricity available for those who need it (e.g., if you have a CPAP or a need where electricity is important to your health).

You don't need to make reservations if you are tent camping.

Cabins

TWoS also has 8 cabins available for booking. These will go fast (make that gone as of this posting), so make your reservation as soon as possible.

To check on availability or make a reservation for one of the cabins or a lodge room, use TWoS' new online booking system at https://twowheelsofsuches.com/contact-us or call (706) 973-1671.

There might be a cancelation and if you do so, let us know in the thread so that another member can jump in that bed.

Lodge Rooms

TWoS also has a limited number of lodge rooms available on a first come first served basis. Make your reservations early for a lodge room or a cabin if you don't plan to tent camp. Mention COG when booking a cabin or lodge room.

Ditto on above, they are currently booked for the event already so if looking for one, keep an eye on the threads for someone canceling.

RV Parking

There is limited RV parking but NO hookups at TWoS. If you need/want hookups, there are other camping resorts nearby. Please google those.

Announcement Regarding COVID-19

Please come prepared to follow local guidelines regarding masks and social distancing. Each person is responsible for monitoring their own health. If you feel sick, or if you've been in close contact with someone who has recently tested positive, please stay home.

Registration/Fees

Registration fee is $30.00 for COG Members/Associate Members, and $40.00 for guests and non-members (including Forum-Only subscribers).
When you arrive, look for the COG check in point on the deck to the left of the lodge. At check-in, you will receive a wristband that will be needed for the banquet dinner on Saturday.

Registration closes at 11:59 pm (EDT) on August 24, 2022. This is so Skip, Carol and the team at TWoS can plan, order and get the food for us.

Cancellation/Refund Policy

Cancellations will be accepted up through September 1, 2022. Refunds will be paid by check (minus a $10 administration fee) and sent via USPS after the event. There will be no refunds for cancellations made after 9/1/2022.

Cya there!
Mike

Last edited:
Thanks Mike! I’ll see y’all there (Tues or Weds).

I’ll be draggin’ the trailer queen again, so gimme a heads up iffin’ you need me to bring any ‘extras’.

I won't be registering................................................

until 23Aug. My membership expires on the 24th and I plan to renew with my wife as as associate as she plans on attending the RWTW as well as The Spider Rally. It's a bit complicated but it has to do with timing of adding an associate. Anticipate arrival on Wednesday.

until 23Aug. My membership expires on the 24th and I plan to renew with my wife as as associate as she plans on attending the RWTW as well as The Spider Rally. It's a bit complicated but it has to do with timing of adding an associate. Anticipate arrival on Wednesday.
Looking forward to meeting Mrs SteveJ!

We are planning on arriving on Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest.

Starting to warm up in registrations. I think three in the last two days.

Come on y'all, we got 50 doo dads to give away! Who doesn't like doo dads and thing-a-ma-jigs? Plus a meal tossed in (with paid registration) and kick a$$ roads, sights and people? What's not to love?!

So, have I lived down the half hour late arrival for a RTE and Mrs J being nice enough to offer coffee while I contemplated....which direction did all the Steve's go today?? Look forward to seeing her again! And I guess you too. ;) Vroom Vroom!

So, have I lived down the half hour late arrival for a RTE and Mrs J being nice enough to offer coffee while I contemplated....which direction did all the Steve's go today??

That's in the past, me thinks. (???)

Mike, I like the Vroom Vroom reference. Brings back memories, mostly good.;)(y)

I'm just glad to see you still here Steve, I thought you were one of what seems like many of the good ones we've been losing this past year.

I'm just glad to see you still here Steve, I thought you were one of what seems like many of the good ones we've been losing this past year.
It was close but no reason to go into all that here. I do really enjoy both the RWTW and The Spider rallies and they will likely not happen without COG.

BTW, one of the good ones? Too funny.

Bottom line is that the rally discounts will almost cover the membership cost just for these two rallies plus whatever else I/we decide to attend will be icing on the cake. Kinda tough fitting travel with COG activities when I generally don't have an exact travel itinerary(in other words, I don't know where the Hxxx I'm going).

Off to find a major vacuum leak on the Versys along with a major tune up, it's valve lash time.

I'm working on the possibility of thinking about maybe trying to get there from here. I work Labor Day and I don't have to be back until the 14th, my cousin wants me to visit her in Alabama.

Hi all. I just re-up'd for 2 yrs. Work, pandemic, and my dad suffering a major stroke last year has kept me down. Barring any major weather non-sense in Fl that week, I will see you in Suches. Fortunately, I haven't neglected keeping up my riding skills (or lack thereof :) ).

Plans have changed… 🥺. Looks like I’ll miss paper plate banquet on Saturday evening, as I’ll be heading out Saturday AM. Work is a terrible inconvenience. It’s Good news for the rest of ya!
Might head up Tuesday to make up for some riding time.

Dang! Well maybe we can put a few slices of white bread on a plate Friday for ya! Butter on the side.

Plans have changed… 🥺. Looks like I’ll miss paper plate banquet on Saturday evening, as I’ll be heading out Saturday AM. Work is a terrible inconvenience. It’s Good news for the rest of ya!
Might head up Tuesday to make up for some riding time.
Bummer, you are going to leave some shine behind so you can be there in "spirit(s)", right?

Okay you guys & gals. Time's a'wasting. Time to sign up for this event. I'm in, but remember the deadline to register is 8/24/2022 (NEXT WEEK)... We have to let TWoS know a headcount for food.
Ron

We're both registered, finally. Had a lot of "fun" with it. We'll be arriving in "the big house", likely on Wednesday.

Well, Real Life has thrown another monkey wrench into the works, and I will not be attending this year.

Everyone have a great time!

Yeah, do dads and thing-a-ma-jigs to give away!
Okay you guys & gals. Time's a'wasting. Time to sign up for this event. I'm in, but remember the deadline to register is 8/24/2022 (NEXT WEEK)... We have to let TWoS know a headcount for food.
Ron
Well, Real Life has thrown another monkey wrench into the works, and I will not be attending this year.

Everyone have a great time!
Dang! Sorry to not have you. Well, open spot for someone....get registered!

Two days and counting.....register ya bunch of slackers! :cool: We need to let TWoS know how many to plan the chow down for and we'd much rather have a little too much than a little too little!

No one wants to miss out on a peach cobbler or... some beans!

2022-08-22_7-43-55.jpg

See y'all round the camp fire!

Mike

34 on the list with one already unable to attend. Last few hours to register, come on y'all. Best riding in the Southeast. We know it, you know it, you know you want to be here.

Campfires and bike'n, what's mo betta?

1661363219633.png 1661363256617.png1661363305695.png

It's been awhile for carol and I but we'll be there would like to enter her as an associate member but can't remember her password to login----any help out there?

Hey Roger, on the log in page, make sue your using the 'other' e-mail address that Carol was created under, then click forgot password? Trying to search the FAQ, I think I see where it demands a different e-mail address so that should tee you up to use forgot password to get an e-mail to update it.

"The email address for the Associate Member must be different from the Member’s email address." This is what I found under associate members and recall I've been caught up on that for national events. I think we've changed Milissa's password like 6 times now!

Otherwise I'd lean on the other wizened members and leaders to assist.

Hey Roger, on the log in page, make sue your using the 'other' e-mail address that Carol was created under, then click forgot password? Trying to search the FAQ, I think I see where it demands a different e-mail address so that should tee you up to use forgot password to get an e-mail to update it.

"The email address for the Associate Member must be different from the Member’s email address." This is what I found under associate members and recall I've been caught up on that for national events. I think we've changed Milissa's password like 6 times now!

Otherwise I'd lean on the other wizened members and leaders to assist.
Carol just got home and apparently her associate membership has expired no big I registered her as a guest-can't wait! Thanks for your help
Roger

You would have logged in as Carol a registered her that way. I have to do that when I register Katie for something. The new forum software requires each member and associate have a unique email. Glad you worked it out.

All right, 38 it is!

Look forward to see you all. I should be on site sometime Wednesday in the evening.

1661517832024.png

Mike

Yeah, gaps of dry, with likelihood of wet.

Need to fire that weatherman!

Gonna make the best of it regardless.

See ya there!
Mike

Yeah, gaps of dry, with likelihood of wet.

Need to fire that weatherman!

Gonna make the best of it regardless.

See ya there!
Mike

This is why we have nice trees everywhere. It’ll be okay!

Well folks, I'm sure a few may be a bit disappointed but while I'll ride in the rain to get somewhere, I'll pass to ride for fun, especially the roads down there, while they are beautiful and perfect and smooth and well maintained, I'm focused on the technical and to think about rain, and not just showers, rain, I'm going to have to cancel. I looked forward to riding the new beast down and I tried to think of salvaging the ride by going to see family in Alabama but it's raining there too. Call me overly cautious but I'm still new on this bike, dry roads would have challenged me a bit, wet roads, on purpose, sorry, no. See you all again down the road soon.

My dad entered palliative care this week, and unfortunately, I think hospice is around the corner. :cry:

I couldn't be a 600 mile ride away from home at this time.

Ride safe.

My dad entered palliative care this week, and unfortunately, I think hospice is around the corner. :cry:

I couldn't be a 600 mile ride away from home at this time.

Ride safe.

Sorry to hear that but hang in there

So overall definitely some rain to be had, but as most found, just Saturday was the washout for good riding. Today rolling out was soggy too, but still a fun few days riding, reminiscing and relaxing.

Thanks Kurt, Kay for breakfasts and dinners before the lodge kicked off thier regular meals. Delish.

Thanks all for the fun, great conversations around the campfire and outstanding rides. I hope you all had a good time regardless.

Here's some snaps - https://photos.app.goo.gl/3dr4EjG2pszyiZyA8

So let me ask... should a person be looking to book a cabin now for.next year. Ive always wanted to get there (this year was weather) but the limited lodging and not looking to pitch a tent and camp, i wanna plan accordingly

And sorry the cabins are all reserved. I took the last one just in time. Sorry. Operator error. Didn’t mean to post twice.

A little wet but still a good time. Job well done Mike & thanks to Kurt for providing meals while lodge is closed.

Our first 300 miles home was mostly wet & the second 300 was mostly dry.

See y'all next year!

I vote we go to a different campground for RWTW next year. There's a campground 2 mi into wolfpen Gap on the right that has more cabins air conditioning more room and a lower price 🤷 It's only a couple miles away from where we were this year and we've been to this other campground in the past It's terrific.

High Valley Resort
(404) 720-0087

Last edited:
Uh, we'll be sticking with the TWoS for the foreseeable future. ;)

Thanks all. Rain is temporary. Memories are everlasting. And I have a few more to think back on and enjoy.

Those cabins go like FAST. Faster than Phil on a curvy road with a Porsche in front of him. Definitely get on the back up list and watch for possible dropouts as we get close to the event. We had several back out due to circumstances and apprehension about the weather. But still managed to have a dang good time just hanging around and gabbing. I managed a couple hundred miles again even by myself on Thursday not counting how many we ran on Friday. Nothing more than a sprinkle that didn't slow my pace.

☀️ To next year! 🍻
Mike

+1 on staying there. Lots of AirBnBs in the are if anyone is interested. At least two folks stayed nearby this time.

Uh, we'll be sticking with the TWoS for the foreseeable future. ;)
☀️ To next year! 🍻
Mike

I'm with Mike, I like TWO & plan to continue staying there.

I vote we go to a different campground for RWTW next year.

High Valley Resort
(404) 720-0087

Better do your homework Doug, High Valley is now Kennedy Creek Resort. All cabins are $220.00 a night with 2-night min. plus $100.00 cleaning fee, they only allow small dogs & must be on a leash at all times so this leaves Enzo out. Tents sites are $40.00.

I'm with Mike, I like TWO & plan to continue staying there.

Better do your homework Doug, High Valley is now Kennedy Creek Resort. All cabins are $220.00 a night with 2-night min. plus $100.00 cleaning fee, they only allow small dogs & must be on a leash at all times so this leaves Enzo out. Tents sites are $40.00.
$100 for a bunkhouse +$25 cleaning fee but "only" $35 for a tent without electric hookup. Looks like RVs are $50/night and apparently no hookups.

Pass. I enjoy staying at and supporting TWoS.

So overall definitely some rain to be had, but as most found, just Saturday was the washout for good riding. Today rolling out was soggy too, but still a fun few days riding, reminiscing and relaxing.

Thanks Kurt, Kay for breakfasts and dinners before the lodge kicked off thier regular meals. Delish.

Thanks all for the fun, great conversations around the campfire and outstanding rides. I hope you all had a good time regardless.

Here's some snaps - https://photos.app.goo.gl/3dr4EjG2pszyiZyA8
Good pics Mike, thanks.