• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

FI error codes 23, 24, 26, 53, 59, 65

Ryder1

I pulled into a driveway with a big incline so I left it in first gear and put the kickstand
down on my 2016 C-14. The bike shut off.
I went to restart the bike and got the FI error and 23, 24, 26, 53, 59, 65 codes.
I tried replacing the battery with a new one and used a wire brush to clean all the connections at the battery including the wires and ground connections.The bike is under warranty, and the Kawasaki dealership is closed. Im planning on removing the plastics etc. to do a visual inspection to look for damaged wiring from mice etc. Besides a visual inpection is there anything else one can do without having KDS 3 kit?

Gee whiz Ryder  :mad:    KDS won't be much help in this situation.  As you probably already know, multiple codes like this are invariably caused by a poor earth connection somewhere, and you've done the obvious but as it under warranty.............    Sorry I can't be of more help, but it's an 'interesting' and simple cause to a significant problem.  :eek:

You did the battery.. now scrub and clean and re-tighten  the two ground wires to the frame... one under the seat just before the gas tank and the other is just below where the battery gets installed