• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

10% off TECHSPEC TANK GRIPS... for all Members

Hey Everyone..

We're back again to Offer all Forum Members 10% off TechSpec Tank GRIPS  8)

We appreciate the Support and Continual Interest from all the Members here and would like to give back for the Month of November.

When you go to our Website, www.techspec-usa.com, to order a Kit, as you check out use the Code, NPROMO and you'll have 10% taken off your orders. And we'll throw in one of our Cool Stress Relief Key Chains..  :)

Cheers and Happy Veterans Day to all you Vets!!

2Fast said:
Nice stuff.

BTW, Concours does not have an e at the end.

The only time Concours appeared in this thread up until now was when you wrote it in this quote. I'm confused.  ???

Cap'n Bob said:
2Fast said:
Nice stuff.

BTW, Concours does not have an e at the end.

The only time Concours appeared in this thread up until now was when you wrote it in this quote. I'm confused.  ???

OK now I see. The TechSpec web site lists the Concours with an "e" at the end.

I'm looking at ordering a set of the snake skin, but I'm a bit confused. The description says "(Precut Kit includes Five Tank Grips and Center Tank Pro)"
However just below that and to the right of the add to basket button is one that says "add a center tank pro for $15"...

Does the $84.95 kit (snake skin) come with the center tank pro, or does that have to be added for $15?

Dave said:
I'm looking at ordering a set of the snake skin, but I'm a bit confused. The description says "(Precut Kit includes Five Tank Grips and Center Tank Pro)"
However just below that and to the right of the add to basket button is one that says "add a center tank pro for $15"...

Does the $84.95 kit (snake skin) come with the center tank pro, or does that have to be added for $15?

It's a 6 piece kit which includes the center tank pad. They need to do some clean up of the wording on their website.

Ordered mine.  Forgot to use the promo code.......................Darn    ???

Just wondering if anyone has pictures of how they have put these on their bike.  I looked at the pics on their site, but only saw a couple of the Connie.

Thanks,

My order has changed to "Shipped" but no tracking, so hopefully I'll get them soon. I'll post pics up when I do.

Am I missing the details?
The Snake Skin and the C3 Grip styles look virtually identical to me (maybe my iPad's image resolution is at fault). Could anyone key in and please explain to me the differences between the two?
Any personal prefferences/experiences with hte different styles.
Thanks in advance.

Stay cool. Ride safe.

F

From what I can tell the snake skin is thicker, but maybe a little harder.

I went with the C3 but haven't received it yet.

OK. Got the grips and put them on the bike today. Here's some pics of mine.

They also sent a key chain that has the snake skin material on one side and C3 on the other. The Snake skin is thicker, but the C3 is squishier. I have the C3 on mine.

Click for bigger.
<a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/3-Qru1IjYNUe8EzHCJdna9MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=embedwebsite">
IMG_0044.JPG
</a> <a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/dCiOvH-2h6YDv3gCqFOa5NMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=embedwebsite">
IMG_0046.JPG%252520%2525282%252529.JPG
</a>

<a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/jfcWdvMjDz_AE04zQACc1tMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=embedwebsite">
IMG_0049.JPG%252520%2525282%252529.JPG
</a> <a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/k1kXJcO8kHGW60qdlxWL5dMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=embedwebsite">
IMG_0052.JPG%252520%2525282%252529.JPG
</a>

<a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/gB8JNspH9DM7uu-HucXhFdMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=embedwebsite">
IMG_0051.JPG%252520%2525282%252529.JPG
</a>

I just ordered a snake skin set, look forward to installing it this weekend.  Just an FYI:  they offer 15% off for Military which I though was very generous. 

Rats I missed it for the code. Get it next time.

Already did my ZX14, love this stuff. Might as well get a set for my Connie.

They are offering free shipping for Dec. about same price ad 10% off for those of us that are to impatient to wait for next sale

I missed it two times ago and waited for the set for my ZX14 until a new "coupon" was posted.

Won't hurt me to wait again, this time for my C14.

Chris said:
They are offering free shipping for Dec. about same price ad 10% off for those of us that are to impatient to wait for next sale

Is free shipping as good as 10% off product price?

Privateer said:
Chris said:

Is free shipping as good as 10% off product price?

IIRC shipping was $5, so not quite as good of deal as the 10% off.

Received my Techspec grips yesterday. They look great, but I think one of my pieces is wrong. As you can see below, the left side piece isn't as wide as the right side pieces that cover the same area. There is almost 2" of difference in coverage. The middle pieces match perfectly. Anyone else have the same experience?

Attachments

• _BLS4651.jpg
    _BLS4651.jpg
    941.9 KB · Views: 124
  • _BLS4653.jpg
    _BLS4653.jpg
    1,018.1 KB · Views: 107
Got mine today - same thing. Meant to be that way. Probably due to the battery door on one side.

gsun said:
Got mine today - same thing. Meant to be that way. Probably due to the battery door on one side.

If that is true, seems like poor design to me. Or just your usual company bs of trying to use the same pad in too many different models just to save a buck.

backoutonthehighway said:
gsun said:

If that is true, seems like poor design to me. Or just your usual company bs of trying to use the same pad in too many different models just to save a buck.

It's not the pad company it's the way the bike is. Did you take the pads out to your bike and test fit them? The two sides are NOT the same thus the pads are different between the two sides.

Conrad said:
gsun said:

It's not the pad company it's the way the bike is. Did you take the pads out to your bike and test fit them? The two sides are NOT the same thus the pads are different between the two sides.

+1

Privateer said:
Conrad said:
gsun said:

+1

Yes, and I understand that the right side has two panels to the left side's one panel.  :)My point is that the forward panel on the left doesn't protect as far forward as the forward panels on the right side protect. The bike is symmetrical after all.