• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

190/55's

jdsco

I have the inner, rear fender (COG/Murph's group-buy in 2017) mounted on my c14.
It might have 10mm, .39" clearance throughout that entire fender-to-tire clearance with a 190/50.

Does anyone have a 190/55 mounted with that inner rear fender?
If so, how much fender-to-tire clearance exists?

Thanks in advance

My bike had a hugger on it when I bought it and a 190/50 tire

I like the 190/55 and installed that and haven't had any issues

I have the same (inner fender) hugger from the Murph's purchase and have a 190/55 tire. I can't say for sure how much clearance there is, I know it's tight but it doesn't rub the tire at all. I just installed it this summer, along with a new Dunlop RS3 190/55 tire and have had no problems.

This inner, rear fender is invaluable. I'm glad I installed it, especially now.
For now, 190/55's are less expensive than the /50's, by $20-$30. I'm not sure why other than the /50's are more popular.
Now I can put on new tires and tuck it away for 5 months.
Thank you all for your input

I have the same (inner fender) hugger from the Murph's purchase and have a 190/55 tire. I can't say for sure how much clearance there is, I know it's tight but it doesn't rub the tire at all. I just installed it this summer, along with a new Dunlop RS3 190/55 tire and have had no problems.
I agree with Joe about it being tight if you use a 190/55.
I had 1 on my bike and did the COG Track Day 2 years ago.
The combination of {the OD change of the tire at speed, the side load from a turn, and the rubber I picked up from the track}, ripped the inner fender off the bike as I exited a turn. šŸ˜µ

It scared the %%^*^ out of me, but luckily I didn't go down.

Ride safe, Ted

This inner, rear fender is invaluable. I'm glad I installed it, especially now.
For now, 190/55's are less expensive than the /50's, by $20-$30. I'm not sure why other than the /50's are more popular.
Now I can put on new tires and tuck it away for 5 months.
Thank you all for your input
Which TIres did you end-up buying??

Which TIres did you end-up buying??
I went with Michelin PR4GT's at $310 with the 190/50 rear. After Connie_Rider input, I figure I'll not risk a clearance problem.

I threaded a flexible 3/8" diameter tube between the hugger and existing tire but it would not pass all of the way through the fender travel.
I figure I'll do the "plastigage" trick with clay on the new 190/55, install it and remove it and measure that thickness.

Thanks for you help, Nate