• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

1995 Concours For Sale

lrbuck

MR
Time to move on. 116,480 original miles - not to worry - lots of great miles left.
Equipped as follows:
Newer battery
Nearly new Avon tires front and rear
Fresh oil and filter change
Valves adjusted 2K ago, 30K+ until the next check
Shoodabeen overflow tubes
Shoodabeen exhaust cam sprocket
Free power mod
Brake pads 2K ago
Front calipers just rebuilt
Genuine, Kawasaki front & rear rotors
New front wheel bearings
Galfer front and rear teflon brake lines
Newer ignition wires
Rifle + stock windshield
Front fender extender
Polished, stainless, button head fairing screws
Genmar 1-1/4" risers
BST modified pull-back handlebars - can be returned to stock
Audiovox CCS-100 cruise control - not a throttle lock
Genuine, Caterpillar o-ring
Sound-off brake light flasher
BST helmet lock brackets
12 volt accessory outlet
Battery Tender fused connector
Givi E-45 top case with waterjet cut backing plate
Soft cases for inside of side cases
COG bike cover and tank bra
Factory & Clymer shop manuals
Numerous, factory Kawasaki parts
Clear title - ready to ride anywhere

This is a good one - $ 1,350

Call Larry Buck  954-415-1828
COG 3451, SE-AAD

Attachments

• Concours-side-IMG-0253 (1).jpg
    Concours-side-IMG-0253 (1).jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 208
  • Concours-front-IMG-0252 (2).jpg
    Concours-front-IMG-0252 (2).jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 191
  • Concours-rear-IMG-0254 (1).jpg
    Concours-rear-IMG-0254 (1).jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 174
  • Concours-Dash-IMG-0250.jpg
    Concours-Dash-IMG-0250.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 192
This is one purty and well maintained bike.

Sorry to see you are"moving on".

_---------------

On remote location near Victor MT.

Someone is going to get as very nice, crazy-well maintained bike at bargain basement pricing  :great: :great:

Larry... when you say "moving on" do you mean to a smaller / lighter bike, or are you hanging up your riding boots?

Larry I always hate to see this happening but I understand. I would tell anybody
who asked about your bike that it is one of the most professionally assembled bikes
I have seen.

Thanks for the comments on my Connie. Any help selling will be appreciated.  An old Ironbutt member once said "If you can't pick it up, you need a lighter bike."  I need a lighter bike. I've never needed a CDA number......fingers crossed. Not quite ready to hang up the boots yet.

Bob, the tubes on the end of the muffllers were an idea picked up from the European C-10's.  They help direct the exhaust resonance downward, away from the cases.  On long rides, anything to mitigate noise helps. Honestly can't say there's a big difference tho.

I've heard the "offer up" site can work well Any thoughts?  Craigslist is pretty dead in S. Fla.

Someone did some math and figured they rode about 5,000 miles a year. Assuming a nominal 200,000 engine life, he could get another 20 years out of the bike.  Yikes!

Bob_C_CT said:
Larry, what is the mod tube on the exhaust cans? I always liked that color/year. GLWS.

Also the exhaust turn downs help mitigate the tail end/bottom of the bags getting carbon-ed up, and also keeps the exhaust smell out of the the bags (and your clothes when road tripping). I picked up that installation tip from Marty Rabb about 17? yrs ago.
Look at some C10's bags from the rear with the miles on them, you'll see the 'browning' of the rear bottom corner on the outside of the bags.

Larry said: An old Ironbutt member once said "If you can't pick it up, you need a lighter bike."  I need a lighter bike. I've never needed a CDA number......fingers crossed. Not quite ready to hang up the boots yet.     

You'll miss the excitement of C14 ownership Larry, especially with a Flash from Steve.  I find it a little lighter and easier of handle and still have both - in my 70th year.  Get one - they're going cheap these days - if only for the sake of proud ownership for a few months.  You won't be sorry. 

You did the J-box and bar-backs for me many moons ago.  Ride safe.  :beerchug:

Freddy,

I've got almost 10 years on you.  The 14 is a great bike but I'm not doing Long Distance rides, rallys, or Ironbutt stuff anymore.  I had to ping Mike Kneebone to get my IBA number.  Geez. My IBA number is 5581.  Now they are in the 70,000's.....time flies.

I got spoiled many years ago doing dealer demos for Suzuki. I rode a Gixxer 600 all day and loved every minute of it.  Teaching the MSF rider courses, we use Suzuki, TU-250's.  I can pick one up easily.  Makes sense for me.

Larry

Larry_Buck_FL said:
Freddy,

I've got almost 10 years on you.  The 14 is a great bike but I'm not doing Long Distance rides, rallys, or Ironbutt stuff anymore.  I had to ping Mike Kneebone to get my IBA number.  Geez. My IBA number is 5581.  Now they are in the 70,000's.....time flies.

I got spoiled many years ago doing dealer demos for Suzuki. I rode a Gixxer 600 all day and loved every minute of it.  Teaching the MSF rider courses, we use Suzuki, TU-250's.  I can pick one up easily.  Makes sense for me.

Larry

Wish I were closer to you.  I'd love to get this bike.  Reminds me of my former 95 that I wish I had never sold.  I don't need another bike, but for sentimentality's sake I'd love this one.

Harrykaw,

I'm not going to let you off that easy. Bike keeps getting better. Just installed tapered roller stem bearings. Lets talk if you're interested.

Larry
954-415-1828

The bike is still available. Waiting on tapered roller stem bearings.
Questions welcome.

954-415-1828

Bump.

New stem bearings installed.

Moving handlebars back to stock position.

Ready to ride home.

Larry
954-415-1828

I am located in South Carolina and am interested in purchasing this well used and loved cycle.  Will send a PM.
Kevin

Dr. Funkenstein said:
I am located in South Carolina and am interested in purchasing this well used and loved cycle.  Will send a PM.
Kevin

CALL him, he posted his number in his last post, he doesn't monitor p/m's all the time, but he will answer his phone...
good luck with the purchase, it's a nice bike, and well taken care of...  :great: :great: