• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

1998 Honda ST1100 for sale, $3,995. (Photos)

F143744

Training Wheels
Hello,  Selling all my motorcycles due to injury from car accident, can no longer ride.

1998 Honda ST1100, Black in color, new Michelin Pilot Sport tires, new complete Exhaust System, Leather seat, smooth bike to ride. Purchased used 6-7 years ago, clean title.    Asking $3,995.  Email:  f143744@yahoo.com

Attachments

• 8FA3CC05-373C-4693-815F-08192759B013.jpeg
    8FA3CC05-373C-4693-815F-08192759B013.jpeg
    44.7 KB · Views: 185
  • 8F2AFED7-05D4-4290-9053-5FBF961A24C2.jpeg
    8F2AFED7-05D4-4290-9053-5FBF961A24C2.jpeg
    81.7 KB · Views: 214
Beautiful bike.  Sorry you have to sell it.  If I thought my wife wouldn't castrate me for getting another motorcycle, I'd me on it.  My ST1100 is the only bike I ever regretted selling and an ST1300 is what I went into the store to buy when I got my Connie...they didn't have and ST1300s in stock otherwise I'd probably be on the ST forum now instead.  Love my Concours but there is something about those V4s!  I had a VFR 750 too and loved that bike as well.  Good luck with the sale.

Thanks, Only people that have been on a ST1100 can understand. It’s a Honda in-line V4.  Usually, you can tell your speed by the vibration of the engine, not with the ST1100.  It is smooth, no vibrations whatsoever.  The ST1300 being the new and improved replacement.  I went to purchase one, and left with a VTX1800 instead.  But if you need to make time and miles, a 1400 Connie will do.  At 6’2” it’s hard to stretch out on it, especially after three back surgeries. Thanks again for your kind words.

Might want to put in the milage and where it is located. Nice bike!

gsun said:
Might want to put in the milage and where it is located. Nice bike!

The odometer is in the first picture...looks to be just south of 45K...

F143744 said:
Thanks, Only people that have been on a ST1100 can understand. It’s a Honda in-line V4.  Usually, you can tell your speed by the vibration of the engine, not with the ST1100.  It is smooth, no vibrations whatsoever.  The ST1300 being the new and improved replacement.  I went to purchase one, and left with a VTX1800 instead.  But if you need to make time and miles, a 1400 Connie will do.  At 6’2” it’s hard to stretch out on it, especially after three back surgeries. Thanks again for your kind words.

I saw your other listing for your 1400...we have similar tastes... same year, same color.  If you can’t sell the ST after a while, PM me.  Might be worth the loss of my balls to own one again.  My wife will eventually get over it.  :).  I really hope you can find someone to buy it if for no other reason than to save my marriage!

Learned long ago, you can’t sneak a motorcycle home. Saying that, I found a local BMW I’d love to buy.  Always wanted one of those too.  Still have a KLR650 with less than 2k miles, it’s going to be a gift to a friend of mine in the military.  I’ve always felt safer riding motorcycles than being in cars, my medical history is proof of it.  Thanks everyone.

One bike I really regret selling back in 1977. A Suzuki RE5, a red motorcycle with a Rotary Engine... It was literally a hot bike, loved fouling it’s single very expensive NGK Spark Plug.

It look like this, picture provided by Wikipedia.

Attachments

• DE55A64D-1A55-449C-9BD5-0D9A175B7A1A.jpeg
    DE55A64D-1A55-449C-9BD5-0D9A175B7A1A.jpeg
    147.2 KB · Views: 131
F143744 said:
Learned long ago, you can’t sneak a motorcycle home. Saying that, I found a local BMW I’d love to buy.  Always wanted one of those too.  Still have a KLR650 with less than 2k miles, it’s going to be a gift to a friend of mine in the military.  I’ve always felt safer riding motorcycles than being in cars, my medical history is proof of it.  Thanks everyone.

In addition to my previous ST1100 and current Concours, I also own a KLR 650...although it has more than 2K miles.  You must be a brother from another mother!

From what I have heard/read, including from a ST1300 owner, the ST1300 was a raffle: you either got a really good one or a crappy one. He had one that the rear end would get loose in turns at any medium or higher speed. This from a guy that used to be a courier in the UK, riding a bike. He had tried all kinds of things to get it to behave, and everything was "fine".
I always liked the look of the ST1100 better also. Almost bought one instead of the C10 I ended up with.
Very like example, by the way.

No, I have not.  To be truthful,  I always wanted to keep the ST1100 long enough to put Kentucky, Historical Plates on it. (At 25 years old).  Then I could get matching plates with my 1990 Dodge, 5.9 diesel pickup.

Hello,  Things are slow here, people so unsure due to the virus and the economics.  I’m optimistic though,  one day someone else will be able to enjoy these.  Thanks.