• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2 K miles on modified shift lever

freebird6

Passed the 2K mark on the Motopro shifter. https://www.bullshiftsales.com/motopro-shifter/

I thought I would share the experience as it has become a very natural thing now. I noticed it a lot when I took the BMW R1100 out the other day and really missed the mod.

The shift lever mod slides over the current pedal and screws down. The second part of the lever is adjusted fore or aft to provide a comfy situation where you pull up to shift up and push down to downshift without having to move the foot from top to bottom and vice versa. Took a few rides to get it just right but 2k miles later it is very nice. Postive click up and down. I was not sure I was going to like it but now I notice I miss it when I am on the other bikes.

Attachments

• smaller shifter.jpg
    smaller shifter.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 257
gsun said:
Looks nice, but that's a lot of money.

I agree but after many many rides I am pretty sure it has transformed the left foot action and there is much less fatigue after a day of riding. More precise and less movement. Never though much about the movement till I did not have to do it anymore. I suppose the 13 or so screws and 2 plates in the left ankle appreciate the compact movement as well.

was going to comment that G didn't have a clue about the massive trauma you had to you crash/leg results.. but figured it would be up to you to say what the results were.. if I had my leg in the condition your's is in, I'd be doing an air shifter... thumb actuated... I know how much pain you went thru after the crash...
glad you are still riding....
:great: :great: :great: :great:

MAN OF BLUES said:
was going to comment that G didn't have a clue about the massive trauma you had to you crash/leg results.. but figured it would be up to you to say what the results were.. if I had my leg in the condition your's is in, I'd be doing an air shifter... thumb actuated... I know how much pain you went thru after the crash...
glad you are still riding....
:great: :great: :great: :great:

thanks .....could not find a like button...so i type out a thanks.  turned 55K miles on the new bike b efore the snow hit monday, puts me over 15K since spring