• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2005 Suzuki S50 Boulevard $2000

M

millerized

Get this damn thing out of here! I'm sick of it being here, and I want it gone. I could do a "divorce forces sale" but we're not there just yet.  Give it another month.

2005 S50 Boulevard, re-branded Intruder, the Skirtster clone so to speak.  Needs nothing, comes with brand new pipe to replace scratched one.  Wife did a low and slow slide down the Blue Ridge Parkway in 2005, and while she rode the bike home, never rode again. 100 of the damage was cosmetic, only replaced parts were turn signals and footpegs.  Nothing else needed. Very low seat height, perfect for a 28" or so inseam, great for those vertically challenged ladies since the center of gravity is

Goods:  4,4XX Mi, barely broken in.  Saddlebag brackets, added backrest, 19" shield on the front (scratched on the side) Tires have lots of tread on them, hard to tell it's got 4K on them. New AGM battery lest year, kept on battery tender, no rust in tank, recent valve adjustment, thing is ready to ride. Title in hand, always insured, never not registered.

Bads: Missing the backrest pad and lock, pipe is scratched (new pipe here for it) windshield (scratches on side).  Few scratches on the tank from me carrying a mailbox on my knees and having to stop for an untethered dog wandering the neighborhood. Shoulda hit the damn thing. Rear turn signals are the cheap plastic Ebay finds.  She wanted them, I put them on, I hated them.  Of course, she never rode it again, so what did it matter.HAS been seafoamed yearly, good gas and changed out yearly.  Carbs run dry, and cleaned yearly.

Uglies: Hasn't been ridden more than once a year by me, and 5 by her.  I can't stand it.  Not my choice of beverage. It's stored inside, ready to ride home.

Real uglies: I cannot tell you how badly I want this gone.  Book is well over $3K, get it gone special right now is $2K.
millerized @ millerized.com paypal, email for photo's, delivery not available since there's nothing stopping this from being ridden home.

croach1776 said:
I am looking to trade a 96 Chevy Silvarado for a cruiser.
And I'm looking to trade a cruiser for cash ;)

(or silver, or gold, or something that can be 'split by the court'' ) Only reason it's going for $2K is that the court (and my wife) won't have a hard time dividing by 'all'.

millerized said:
croach1776 said:
I am looking to trade a 96 Chevy Silvarado for a cruiser.
And I'm looking to trade a cruiser for cash ;)

(or silver, or gold, or something that can be 'split by the court'' ) Only reason it's going for $2K is that the court (and my wife) won't have a hard time dividing by 'all'.

Now that's funny!!!! LOL

Whoops, didnt realize it was that serious. Well from someone that has been through one. Take care of the kids and take care of yourself and let the lawyers; if it comes to that; take care of everthing else. Good luck and God bless to you and yours.

croach1776 said:
Whoops, didnt realize it was that serious. Well from someone that has been through one. Take care of the kids and take care of yourself and let the lawyers; if it comes to that; take care of everthing else. Good luck and God bless to you and yours.
Unfortunately, it is 'serious' with selling the bike and splitting the money, but the rest never has been to her.  I bought the bike on my credit rating, she paid for it until she decided she didn't want to ride any more....then just quit making payments. I'll give her half of what it sells for...if for no other reason as start-up cost for going someplace else.

No kids.  Only signed and shared assets are the deed to the house (financing is in my name) and the Marriage Certificate.  Everything is separate, and obviously good reason. No shared debt (since I paid all of hers off).  Should be easy, if any of them ever were.

millerized said:
I'll give her half of what it sells for...if for no other reason as start-up cost for going someplace else.

LOL    Jim, you should be a comedian. You have some great one liners!  >:D

millerized said:
croach1776 said:
Unfortunately, it is 'serious' with selling the bike and splitting the money, but the rest never has been to her.  I bought the bike on my credit rating, she paid for it until she decided she didn't want to ride any more....then just quit making payments. I'll give her half of what it sells for...if for no other reason as start-up cost for going someplace else.

No kids.  Only signed and shared assets are the deed to the house (financing is in my name) and the Marriage Certificate.  Everything is separate, and obviously good reason. No shared debt (since I paid all of hers off).  Should be easy, if any of them ever were.

Sorry to hear it; but good thing there are no kids.  If you go lawyers route let them get whats fair for you, seems like with all the things you have paid then she needs to compensate you - from my experience (we didnt have lawyers as she worked for a law firm - and did I get blindsided) but only minor but irritating stuff; let your lawyer deal with her and her lawyers, thats what your paying them for, tell your lawyer  what you think is fair, he will tell you what he thinks is fair and then go from there, dont give up any leverage, now is the time to protect yourself and try to be as emotionless as possible, dont go out and get in trouble, keep close to your tue friends and for god-sake dont drink, etc.  Just consider this a type  of competition (like a Saddle Sore 1000 or similar, and Ride Safe. Good luck.

Oh yeah.  :mad: Talked to a lawyer yesterday.  Pretty much what I've done by paying off her stuff is short myself out of 'my half'.  All debt during a marriage, even the stuff you don't know about, is half yours.  By paying it off, all I did was use our money to pay her .  There will be compensation for that, since it was 'ours' to start with.  Only part that may, and he emphasized "MAY", would be her continued financial issues through-out the marriage (personal bankruptcy, 2 bail-outs).  But being in a relationship, much like a business, you should know what your partner is doing to your bottom line.  The fact that it's our shared debt now (and was) is just numbers on a sheet that are 'our' responsibility.  If we have to sell assets to pay them off, well, they have to be sold....whether it be my business inventory or equipment or the house....court doesn't care and will decide FOR us what's best.

Even though it's her fault, it's my problem.  You guys thinking about marriage....think twice.  Get a lawyer before you get married, get it in writing, keep your accounts seperate and unaccessable by the other party.

So, I'm screwed if we can't work this out between us.  Business is gone, inventory of firearms (personal and business owned) is gone, and quite possibly motorcycles and the house.  He also mentioned that hiding anything, if found or proven to exist, would/could be considered live assets at full market value regardless if I sold it at a reduced rate to a friend to protect it, 'gave' it to a friend to hold, or the state confiscated it after the issuance of a Written Order of Protection.  The WOP, which is standard course of action in WV in domestic disputes, has the state as owner of my property until which time they don't consider me a threat to her....meaning I'll never get them back.  Family heirlooms, father or grandfather to son/grandson hand me downs....gone at the whim of a lawyer. 

If I could burn this bike in the driveway and get away with it, it'd be marshmallow time this weekend.  But since I'm going to get hosed at market value, it's going at what I think it's worth, hopefully before I file. It's in my name, so it's still shared assets even though I paid 90% of the cost myself.

Bottom line, don't get married.  If you need married, marry someone elses wife....do not marry one of your own.  Shack up, but do not sign papers until a lawyer guarantees you it will cost you nothing other than a filing fee to get out of it when it goes bad.  Cheapest route is to chain a mail order bride in your basement, and send her back as damaged in transit when you're done.

Realize you are extremely bitter right now. So was I when she told me she no longer wanted to be married. But once I got past pain, frustration, concern about my kids, etc I looked for and found the positives of divorce. Main one is that you are born with your freedom, no one can take that away from you, not even Iran, N.Korea etc, they can imprison your body but not your mind. But you can share your independance. Thats what i did in my marriage. Now after a divorce I have my independance back, I will share that with those I love and care about on an as needed basis, but for the most part I am enjoying it to its fullest. If I want to wake up, jump on the Connie and ride till the tank is empty I can (as long as its not a work day). So, once all the dust settles, start really enjoying that independance, with all the friends you have, you will be back on your feet (financially) before you know it.  Once I get past my child-care payments (middle of next year) I was gonna talk to you bout powder-coating my Connies pipes.

One thing I would strongly suggest that really helped me was group counseling. I did it to save my marriage, but it ended up saving my sanity. God Bless and good luck. And if you find yourself in Spring Tx, better look me up.

Locksmith said:
Ok, group hug is over!  Somebody buy this bike!
No hugging, please!

Well, we're 'done', but in a good way.

She took a few days to realize that she was just as miserable as I was, it just took me telling it to get her to see it.  We're OK with what's happening. She's already looking at houses, she's moving, I keep the house and business.  We'll be splitting what needs split, I'll be helping her move when she's ready, and we'll remain friends like we were before we got married. 

We'll be doing a separation agreement in the coming week, then going to the courthouse to file it.  Once that's done, it's simply a matter of waiting for the court date.  Her list of 'demands' is very small, and they're mostly things I was going to give her/let her take anyway.  Her having worked for divorce attorneys for 7yrs had me scared, but her true personality came through.  She's acting almost like the person I married.  Luckily, we'll be able to do this without damaging each other more than absolutely necessary.

This could possibly be over before Thanksgiving...but definitely before Christmas. We'll both start the new year with a clean slate and free of each others tax or life's burdens. Outside of filing 2010 taxes, we don't have to see each other if we don't want to.

Looks like things just might work out for the better for both of us.

ya, once the initial pain and anger subside, you start to see the person you loved, will never be the same but usually not as bad as feared, and for some strange reason, communications usually improve and thats what was the problem in the first place.  Sounds like doom and gloom is starting to lift. Good luck