• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2008 C-14 ABS ( SOLD !! ) & 1998 Honda ST1100 For Sale

IBAJIM

I decided I really don't need 3 motorcycles. So I'm putting up for sale my Concours C-14 and ST1100 so I'll be down to 2 motorcycles.
I can't decide which one I'd like to keep, so I'll leave that up to chance. I really like both of these bikes for different reasons. I'll be missing either one.

I sold the Concours so I'll be keeping the ST1100 unless I get an offer before spring. I also have a '83 GL1100I that I'll get back on the road if the ST1100 sells.

The ST1100 has just over 100K miles on it, which isn't that many miles for a well maintained ST1100. Alex Schmitt did several IBR's on his ST1100 and had about 225K miles on it after he finished the 2017 IBR ( I saw his odometer reading ). I saw a pic of his odometer at 385K miles and I understand it had about 450K miles on it when it finally needed some engine work done.

I rebuilt the water pump, replaced the alternator, replaced the timing belt, the tensioner and fixed timing belt pulleys @ 85K miles. This bike is in excellent mechanical condition - you name it. I do all the work on my bikes and checked the valve clearances every 20K miles and they have always checked dead-nuts since I bought the bike with 40K milkes on it !! The ST1100 has a Givi top box, RDL seat , 2 sets of LED spots installed as well as LED headlamp bulbs, and a Racetech Gold Valve & Gold Valve Emulator, and straight wound springs installed in the front forks and a Progressive rear shock/spring. Also a Rostra cruise control and a mount for a Garmin 2720/2820 GPS. A 2720 is included. I have a spare front tire that will go with the bike and other spares. This is a very relaible bike that I have done many IBA trouble-free rides on. Don't let the miles scare you.

ST1100. : $1,750 . I'm located in Newaygo, Michigan

Last edited:
"I decided I really don't need 3 motorcycles. So I'm putting up for sale my Concours C-14 and ST1100 so I'll be down to 2 motorcycles."
Now i will be the furst to admit I am not the best at 'maths', but if you don't need your starting 3 cycles, and want to sell 2...how are you left with 2?
Don't get me wrong, not trying to be critical, as a multi bike owner wife splainer I like your calculation prowess. Just want to know what is left in your stable??

"I decided I really don't need 3 motorcycles. So I'm putting up for sale my Concours C-14 and ST1100 so I'll be down to 2 motorcycles."
Now i will be the furst to admit I am not the best at 'maths', but if you don't need your starting 3 cycles, and want to sell 2...how are you left with 2?
Don't get me wrong, not trying to be critical, as a multi bike owner wife splainer I like your calculation prowess. Just want to know what is left in your stable??
"I can't decide which one I'd like to keep, *so I'll leave that up to chance.* I really like both of these bikes for different reasons. I'll be missing either one."

I'll take a stab at it; I think he's saying whichever sells first he's keeping the other. It looks like he's keeping the st1100🙂

Ah yes, the either/or scenario. Still wonder what the other bike is. Those ST-11's are top notch touring tackle. Somebody will get a good deal it sounds like.

I am a COGer in Zeeland, MI and ride through Newaygo regularly. I wonder if you are the gentleman who had the C14 listed on Twisted Roads. If you ride to the early summer vintage bike shows… I might see you.

Good question : I have a '15 Triumph Trophy also.

Last edited:
"I can't decide which one I'd like to keep, *so I'll leave that up to chance.* I really like both of these bikes for different reasons. I'll be missing either one."

I'll take a stab at it; I think he's saying whichever sells first he's keeping the other. It looks like he's keeping the st1100🙂

Bingo !!