• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2008 C14 Side Cases ?

Shytown

Hello all,

So for the last few hours I have searched the forum, became a member, which will benefit more in the future guaranteed, but through the endless hours searching the internet, I can't find a manufacturer that makes side cases and brackets for our Bikes...
Something other than factory, there must be something? I did ask a couple people in classified section, that is if they aren't already gone? I would've thought for sure GIVI would've jumped in and taken this? They all show bags for our bikes, but can't get brackets to mount them.

If anyone has any info that leads to a capture of luggage for this year bike in the green/blue color I'm sure I'll get lit up for even murmuring that, but I am willing to learn the correct color name 😬

Have thought of cruise control, currently has throttlemeister but let's face it, it's better than nothing, but I need more and better.

Heated grips - I liked the Triumph type, but I did see someone used Yamaha heated grips which staying on the same continent where it was built would likely be a smart choice.

Maybe even heated seats?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated especially to the first person to correct me on my inaccurate choice of words for the color of my bike.

Shytown

Welcome Shytown! There is more info and knowledge here than you can imagine. Not just for Connies, but for all kinds and ages or bikes. C14s come with heated grips. To your question about aftermarket bags - because they all came with bags from the factory, I don't think the aftermarket folks paid attention to our platform. I have not seen an Givi or other systems that directly fit or are made for the C14, but am not 100% sure. There are those soft bags that are made by all kinds of folks like Givi that look just like, er, saddle bags of old. Had a friend with a Hayabusa who had some Givis for a trip we made down to Monterrey for the races. They worked fine, but in his case fouled with his after market exhausts causing some heat damage and black soot on the bottom of the bags. Not sure if that would be true for soft bags on the C14 though and to be honest they might look funny, which is a really important aspect of riding Concours namely you must work hard to look good while riding, lol.

This is a very sensitive question, pun intended, because everyone experiences seating positions differently and I am no exception. Heated seats are good I suppose, they are available at great expense from any of the custom seat makers. I ride with a Sargent World Seat in the low trim and am very happy with it for all kinds of riding and to be clear, I am a lighter rider at 160# and 5'9". Taller and heavier drivers need different seating and I have found that I can't even ride a Connie with one of the larger, shaped seats. Tried 4 different seat types and designs and settled on the Sargent. Best thing is to join a group meeting or ride and ask if you can try out the seat of the other Connie Drivers.

Finally, for a short time I had a 2022 Ninja 100SX thinking that I wanted to have a lighter bike with more tech on it. It was very fast, lighter and handled great not to mention all the cool tech like cruise control, quick shifter and all LED lighting. I did not enjoy the extra wind noise that I got because the screen was so much smaller than what I was used to on the C14. So, took it back and stayed with my C14. I have been using a KAOKO throttle lock with good success, and there are many others out there that work just as well. It may not be adaptive like the new tech, but it works to relieve my right wrist on long stretches.

Others will post a reply to be sure but in closing the best color for you will be the one you buy. Mine was a 2012 when I found it in dark Arabian Red which to me looked like Root Beer. I did not like it so I had it painted the same as a Subaru WRX blue, but with more pearl in it and have never looked back.

Safe Riding!

Gilbysan, aka - Fat Ninja

Welcome Shytown! There is more info and knowledge here than you can imagine. Not just for Connies, but for all kinds and ages or bikes. C14s come with heated grips. To your question about aftermarket bags - because they all came with bags from the factory, I don't think the aftermarket folks paid attention to our platform. I have not seen an Givi or other systems that directly fit or are made for the C14, but am not 100% sure. There are those soft bags that are made by all kinds of folks like Givi that look just like, er, saddle bags of old. Had a friend with a Hayabusa who had some Givis for a trip we made down to Monterrey for the races. They worked fine, but in his case fouled with his after market exhausts causing some heat damage and black soot on the bottom of the bags. Not sure if that would be true for soft bags on the C14 though and to be honest they might look funny, which is a really important aspect of riding Concours namely you must work hard to look good while riding, lol.

This is a very sensitive question, pun intended, because everyone experiences seating positions differently and I am no exception. Heated seats are good I suppose, they are available at great expense from any of the custom seat makers. I ride with a Sargent World Seat in the low trim and am very happy with it for all kinds of riding and to be clear, I am a lighter rider at 160# and 5'9". Taller and heavier drivers need different seating and I have found that I can't even ride a Connie with one of the larger, shaped seats. Tried 4 different seat types and designs and settled on the Sargent. Best thing is to join a group meeting or ride and ask if you can try out the seat of the other Connie Drivers.

Finally, for a short time I had a 2022 Ninja 100SX thinking that I wanted to have a lighter bike with more tech on it. It was very fast, lighter and handled great not to mention all the cool tech like cruise control, quick shifter and all LED lighting. I did not enjoy the extra wind noise that I got because the screen was so much smaller than what I was used to on the C14. So, took it back and stayed with my C14. I have been using a KAOKO throttle lock with good success, and there are many others out there that work just as well. It may not be adaptive like the new tech, but it works to relieve my right wrist on long stretches.

Others will post a reply to be sure but in closing the best color for you will be the one you buy. Mine was a 2012 when I found it in dark Arabian Red which to me looked like Root Beer. I did not like it so I had it painted the same as a Subaru WRX blue, but with more pearl in it and have never looked back.

Safe Riding!

That was an impressive reply, wow thanks, all awesome info.
Shytown

Not sure what to do. I need storage and the tail bag I was trying to avoid but will do it eventually, but still need something to swallow a 2XL helmet

So if anyone is reading this and know of a good set, let me know please. Or I'll be forced to buy from Kawasaki which I am fortunate enough to have it as an option.

Shytown, I think I get your dilemma; the only thing I might add is that, unless your Concours 14 has been painted, you can get side bags that match your paint. Yes, they are proud of them and they work well. Many drivers have a 47 to 56 liter sized top case. There is a Factory top box option as well but not sure about a year 2010. They are made by GIVI and OEM'd to Kawasaki. Someone else might know if the side bags are GIVI as well but I don't think so. I believe that a 56L top case will well fit a XXL helmet, but make sure to look up the specs on the GIVI site. My top case and side cases are always mounted. The right side case has all my E Gear and tools and is at the 22# limit. After 65K miles things are great with it. The top case is a Kaw/GIVI 47L that has a custom made organizer that allows three levels of storage depending on whether its jump packs, extra gloves, etc. So I secure my helmet with AST helmet locks one on each side of the rear rack, underneath. The left side case is empty in order to carry groceries and stuff. Amazing what and how much you can carry home when you need to.

Hope this helps...

Shytown...Shutdown.... hmmm. Chicago??

Regarding ur side case question, any year bag with fit all years. So find a set and paint it to match. Very easy to seperate the painted half from the non painted black section which makes it much easier to paint.

Electronic Cruise control is handled by 2 methods. Rostra is the cheaper option but you have to be moderately comfortable with wiring. It's a.little involved. Mccruise is from Australia and depending on the dollar exchange can be close to $900. The Rostra runs around $200-300. Ive did the Rostra and love it,.my buddy has Mccruise on his c14 and loves it......so...

Like the fat ninja...(no offense ) I have a top case that rarely comes off as it has gear in it. Its a Givi E53 with the Admore light kit. I also added the Admore kit to my saddlebags for running/turn signal and brakelights. I also have the AST helmet holder kit mounted underneath the rear rack for my helmet. Works great. I dont know if the saddlebag will hold a 2xl helmet

Attachments

• IMG-20150804-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20150804-WA0000.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG-20181212-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20181212-WA0002.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 65
You're so very helpful, thanks, the sidebar that was on it held a 2XL and it's factory or I believe it was. Any year fits, that's very valuable information and will surely open some avenues. That sure is a nice ride you got there. Congrats on the hardwork it look real good.

I just checked ebay. There's several.cases rights and lefts, available. Not matched sets, but like i.said.before,easy to paint....

There were a couple threads on the forum about painting.... do a search....

Yes I was just looking, seems a few do. Or have no key mechanism, so I was checking Kawasaki for the price of a tumbler, was 60 bucks or something. Thanks

Update** I was able to search online further, found someone who sold it in the Kawasaki Nuetron silver, and purchased one new from Kawasaki - should be delivered early February.

Last edited:
I have a set of bags for sale from my 2008 C14 that was totaled. Last year. At the time it was totaled I had the black bags and body work on it from my 09 which has a blown motor. Let me know if your are interested and I will take pictures.

oops, I failed to see your last post, looks like I am a bit late

Darn it, yeah man, I had searched here, and someone sent a message that Lather had a set, I couldn't find your info, got side tracked and said forget it. Sorry, I would've rather helped the community, but it's been almost 10 days since I had to toss in the garbage the bag that wouldn't close, had I known it was 500 bucks to replace it, I would've limped home with the bag open or stopped to get a strap or something...worst 500 bucks I've spent on this bike yet. Thanks again, and Sorry