• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2008 For Sale

RIDESAN08

2008 ABS 1400 for sale in Indiana. 35,381 miles. Runs fine. Looks great. Concours top trunk. 2 fobs. One problem: turn signals and headlight. $4000

RIDESAN08 - Electrical Gremlins or Damage for the lights?
No damage. All other electrical functions work perfectly, but sometimes both turn signals flash when only one should, and the headlight is out (brake light, too. But the brakes always work, as does everything mechanical).. A little later, while riding along, all lights are working fine. Shop is mystified. Battery and both fob batteries have just been replaced. I've had this bike since 2013, when I first joined COG. Now, I'm asking below "market value" because of the intermittent problem.

No damage. All other electrical functions work perfectly, but sometimes both turn signals flash when only one should, and the headlight is out (brake light, too. But the brakes always work, as does everything mechanical).. A little later, while riding along, all lights are working fine. Shop is mystified. Battery and both fob batteries have just been replaced. I've had this bike since 2013, when I first joined COG. Now, I'm asking below "market value" because of the intermittent problem.

Sounds as if you have a ground block (joint connector) that is corroded. There have been a few rare cases of this & mine being one of them. Easy fix once found found & no parts required. There is a thread on here somewhere with pictures & detailed descriptions.

Good luck!

Sounds as if you have a ground block (joint connector) that is corroded. There have been a few rare cases of this & mine being one of them. Easy fix once found found & no parts required. There is a thread on here somewhere with pictures & detailed descriptions.

Good luck!
That could very well be it! I would love to know more about how you solved your own problem, and where to find the thread with pictures. Thank you very much.

That could very well be it! I would love to know more about how you solved your own problem, and where to find the thread with pictures. Thank you very much.
Just Cliff-
I have removed the left side covers. I am hopeful that cleaning up those connectors will clear things up.
I tried to locate your original post (with the 3 photos), but I can't find it now. Please tell me where I should be looking.

Put in headlight out in search bar, one thread titled No headlight turn signal on & another titled 09 C14 electrical issue should show up. They have all the details.

Here are some pictures. You can feel square lumps in harness wrapping near air filter access, cut wrapping open & pull out blocks. I cut the block out & soldered then a wire nut.

Attachments

• cliff's camera 051.JPG
    cliff's camera 051.JPG
    201.6 KB · Views: 96
  • cliff's camera 052.JPG
    cliff's camera 052.JPG
    200.8 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Put in headlight out in search bar, one thread titled No headlight turn signal on & another titled 09 C14 electrical issue should show up. They have all the details.

Here are some pictures. You can feel square lumps in harness wrapping near air filter access, cut wrapping open & pull out blocks. I cut the block out & soldered then a wire nut.
Thank you for those photos. I have opened up the 4 blocks that are furthest forward, but I don't see any corrosion. I will look in the last 3. I just can't seem to find the threads you have posted.. I don't know how to search this site. Peter