• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2008 Kawasaki Concours 1400 ABS $4200

PeterL

~24K miles
color matched Kawasaki panniers and topcase
All lighting converted to LED
LED driving lights (w-a-y bright!) These units are normally seen on the front of a truck.
(a waterproof, illuminated and glove-friendly switch operates the above)
HeatDemon 4-level (+off) grip heaters. Control mounted to clutch perch for easy access. Looks factory.
NEW (<500 miles Pirelli Angel GT's) Great tires
KAOKO throttle lock
Battery Tender cabling 
ProGrip 714 gel grips
2x 2A USB power leads in tank compartment
Rear brake strobe
Official 'Kawasaki Concours' branded heavy-duty bike cover
'Tall' Kawasaki windshield installed. Stock item included as well.

It is with very mixed emotions that I put "Thunder" up for sale. But as my wife's health doesn't allow her to do long rides with me anymore, I'm not really riding it more than a couple times per month. For shorter rides I just find myself gravitating toward one of my smaller bikes more often than not. Yep, getting old truly sucks.

I'll get some pics posted as soon as it stops raining. For now, know that it's in good but not totally pristine shape. Several scuffs on fairings from parking lot tipovers (never down/crashed)
-I did all the fluids and such last fall. Was prepping/planning a ride to Utah for a week just before all this COVID nonsense started. No telling -when- that will be rescheduled.

Happy to answer any questions. Located in Northern California.

I have an 08 that has 125K miles on it...and I live on the other end of the state... Interested.  :) I hope you change your mind. I was looking forward to meeting you. In the meantime GLWS.

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :great:

Yep, been a while since I checked in. Sorry.

At this point, it looks like the bike is sold. I'm leaving the post active until I actually see the money (supposed to be next week), but as he's a friend I don't really expect things to fall through.

Ride safe,

Peter