• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2012 Concours 14 stock header

Looking for a stock header for my 2012 C-14,
I have a 2017 stock header, will fit right up with only difference the O2 sensor mounts (circled in image below) that can be plugged, no interference issues etc.

Mike where are you located - I am in SE PA, can PM you shipped price if interested.

1639405730792.png

Is this for personal use, AKA another COGGER?

Several available on Ebay cheaper if you can accept scratch, dent / crushed tubes, rust or salvage yard patina. I will sell this clean exhaust 17’ header at a 90% MSRP discount, no damage, no rust + cost of shipping. See images below.

Without use of a commercial discounted shipping account the shipping is going to be ~$80.

I would let go for $250 to your door, can mail as soon as we square up payment details.

PM'd you same message to exchange personal payment details - if you choose to go this route.

Wayne

Attachments

• E2AD2CF4-FE03-4174-BAFF-CE0164F97282.jpeg
    E2AD2CF4-FE03-4174-BAFF-CE0164F97282.jpeg
    241.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 8A3875B5-09C1-4D42-9AC2-1489C5AFC49D.jpeg
    8A3875B5-09C1-4D42-9AC2-1489C5AFC49D.jpeg
    245.2 KB · Views: 97
  • 836EFB1F-8AD0-467A-B87E-D095C4CB30D7.jpeg
    836EFB1F-8AD0-467A-B87E-D095C4CB30D7.jpeg
    226 KB · Views: 88
  • 5C51D700-B8DB-4636-88B6-F54137CF8516.jpeg
    5C51D700-B8DB-4636-88B6-F54137CF8516.jpeg
    164.4 KB · Views: 93
Wayne,
I bought a used header from a salvage shop in Texas---- I received it yesterday and from a quick glance looks pretty good. Will try and switch out the headers next week -----bought new gaskets and hardware and going to put that reducer that Steve from Shoodabenengeneering recommends.
Thanks again for your help.

Wayne,
I bought a used header from a salvage shop in Texas---- I received it yesterday and from a quick glance looks pretty good. Will try and switch out the headers next week -----bought new gaskets and hardware and going to put that reducer that Steve from Shoodabenengeneering recommends.
Thanks again for your help.
Glad you are hooked up! Couple additional thoughts below:

Mike it is not necessary to remove the radiator; since you’ll be there suggest flushing your coolant and dropping the radiator to make the swap a whole lot easier.

Also if you have not updated to the MOB exhaust camshaft sensor over-sized O-Ring now is a good time to get at it.

Wayne

Wayne, wow----what I thought was going to be some what easy is turning into a much bigger project. I have the shop manual so I'll just take my time and cross my fingers. MOB exhaust camshaft sensor------- sounds like a " PITA" job.

Wayne, wow----what I thought was going to be some what easy is turning into a much bigger project. I have the shop manual so I'll just take my time and cross my fingers. MOB exhaust camshaft sensor------- sounds like a " PITA" job.
He is talking about the o-ring that is on the sensor, stock o-rings tend to leak oil after a while, probably a easy job since you have the the header off and the radiator.

Mikekc, you said you bought a used header from a shop in Texas.
I'm assuming it is a stock Connie header {{?}} or did you buy a used aftermarket header?

Reason for asking; You also said you intend to install the reducer...
I don't think that Steve is recommending the reducer be used with the stock Connie header.
In fact, I think he specifically sed not to use it with the OEM header.

I suggest checking with him before doing the reducer.

Ride safe, Ted

Oring replacement is no big deal - easier with all opened up, literally takes a few minutes tops and will prevent the inevitable oil leak that tends to occur at this area.

You can get the Oring or as Murphs calls it Oringing here.

What happened to original header BTW?

Wayne/Ted,
you guys were right about the o-ring leak from the camshaft sensor ----loosened the radiators bolts and pulled the header off and I could see all the oil accumulation on top by the sensor but unfortunately I didn't receive the o-rings in time from Murph's so will add that on the work order when I get the valves checked.