• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2012 Wildflower Ride Dates are set

connie_rider said:
Ok, time for me to fess up.
Rev and I pick on one another so much that some of you may think I don't like Rev's Turbo or Rev.
I'm actually very impressed by the Turbo and the work he did to build it!
I don't think anyone else could have built the bike from scratch like he did!!

He's not getting a fair shake on us bad mouthing the bike about it breaking down.
I apologize....    :)

The truth of the matter is I'm jealous.
Ya see, I've been jealous of the Turbo ever since he stole the idea from me to build it.....  :a102:

Rev, (as of now) I take back 1/2 the Nasty things I've said about you and the Turbo for the past 3 years.  :)
But,,,, As far as the other 1/2,,, I meant every word of it!!!  :p    :rotflmao:

Ride safe, Ted

Wildflower,,, here we come!!!!!  yahoooooooooooooooo    :motonoises: :beerchug:

I'll second that. Rev does get a lot of ribbing, but I hope he knows we are just messin' with him.

Having gone through a carb overhaul on TAZMANIA recently (first time was mess.. second was effective)... as well as valve adjustments.. etc..  I hold those who do any major work on the C10 with a bit of awe.... I've rebuilt VW engines, Chevy 235 6 cylinder engines... ... and other car stuff.. it gets interesting when you start working on C 10's..... it's all stuffed into a small area...

I toast the wrenchmasters....      :beerchug:    but still reserve the right to annoy them sometimes..... to keep their egos in check....

John T. (Jack) Cavuoti, Sr.  AKA TAZ
SC Region  Concours Owner's Group
Cypress, TX      COG #6923
1999 Concours "ABC" -  AKA - "TAZMANIA!!!"
ZOOM ZOOM!!

Try to meet up with y'all at Laird's at  lunch time, hoping all goes well. Looking forward making the trip.

Jim

Jack Cavuoti said:
"I toast the wrenchmasters....      :beerchug:    but still reserve the right to annoy them sometimes..... to keep their egos in check...."

John T. (Jack) Cavuoti, Sr.  AKA TAZ
SC Region  Concours Owner's Group
Cypress, TX      COG #6923
1999 Concours "ABC" -  AKA - "TAZMANIA!!!"
ZOOM ZOOM!!

Egos, what egos, we don't got no egos, slightly swelled heads maybe. Thanks for the compliment though.

Well, found out late last night I can't make it this year--just as I was getting everything up and ready for the trip.  Disappointed, but what to do?  See everyone at the Nationals, if not before.  Have a good one.

Jim

soonerone said:
Well, found out late last night I can't make it this year--just as I was getting everything up and ready for the trip.  Disappointed, but what to do?  See everyone at the Nationals, if not before.  Have a good one.

Jim

Jim,

Sorry to hear that, we'll catch up at the Nats.

Craig

Something came up here as well... or rathr something went down... me!

Ribs collar bone left foot right shoulder. A little rash and the turbo is probably dead.  I doubt much could have survivedd.

Rev Ryder said:

Ribs collar bone left foot right shoulder. A little rash and the turbo is probably dead.  I doubt much could have survivedd.

Chuck, that's terrible.  :(  We're glad it wasn't worse and hope you mend up quickly.

Please take care and keep everyone posted.

Craig and Pamela

Rev Ryder said:

Sorry to hear about your incident... take care of yourself and heal quickly.... hopefully we'll see you 100% at the National.... actually I will need your help there because I don't think I can keep Ted in line by myself...

Jack

Rev Ryder said:

Hate to hear that, Chuck. Prayers for a fast recovery.

Rev Ryder said:

Oh wow, I'm sorry to hear that, Rev.  I was so looking forward to meeting the mythical beast.  And your bike, too!  Oh!  But YOU survived, of course the important part...and if Turbo is kaput, what the heck is Ted going to talk about now?

Jeff said:
Rev Ryder said:

Oh wow, I'm sorry to hear that, Rev.  I was so looking forward to meeting the mythical beast.  And your bike, too!  Oh!  But YOU survived, of course the important part...and if Turbo is kaput, what the heck is Ted going to talk about now?

Gosh, now I feel bad fer Ted.

NOT!  :nananana:

Not to worry.  Rev's gonna be fine given some time.  Not looking forward to shoulder therapy though.  At least that's a good ways off yet.  Today any sight arm movement gets the bones in there clacking together which is kinda nauseatingly painful.  So I'm having to keyboard one handed which stinks and takes forever. LOL

So, what's happening at the Wildflower?  How are the twisted sisters this year?  Any Bluebonnets?  Anyone having fun? 

I'm sure they are and that's why they ain't talkin' yet.

So, what's happening at the Wildflower?  How are the twisted sisters this year?  Any Bluebonnets?  Anyone having fun? 

There were rumors of bikes being dismantled, parts all over the place, exchanging parts, test driving, sonic drags and other events.... I think Ted was masterminding it all.. you'll have to wait for him to get all the details......

I think some people took pictures too....

Pamela and I are home safe...great time and a detailed report after we have some dinner.

Special thanks to Fred and Diana for organizing and making this event so special! :-*

Craig and Pamela

We took a westerly route home (see attached) and went up though Mason and then north. The flowers on hwy 386 coming out of Mason and on 501 around Pontotoc were absolutely positively spectacular. The best I've ever seen anywhere. I'll post some photos when I get them downloaded from my camera.

Attachments

• WildFlowerWest.zip
    31.7 KB · Views: 116
Photos are loaded here:

http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/wildflowerride

The ones from this year are marked with 2012 in the title. There are some more in this gallery from past years rides.

large.jpg

We made it home safe too. Had a GREAT TIME!!!
Rev called me Friday afternoon as I was headed for Hunt and gave me the bad news!! Arghhhh..
He sounded pretty rough.... I tried to call him while in Hunt with no luck.
On the eay home I was finally able to talk with him again. Sounded better, but not a happy Camper....
He will have to share the details with all of us, but for now it sounds like they are putting off (the decision) on surgery to repair the breaks. Good news is he may heal ok without surgery.

I did my best to brighten his day a bit.  :))
I told him; (that in his honor) Jim and I took our bikes apart in the parking lot.
                The event was a bit hum drum (with him not there) as no bikes broke on the road, and no parts fell off..
                We were bored without him tell us stories about his great riding skills and mechanical ability on the Turbo.
                Jim wasn't too upset about not getting to ride the Turbo.
                The whole group wished he was there.
                They messed up my room reservation and I stayed in his room so that his room down-payment wasn't wasted.
                  (By the way,,, thanks fer paying for 1/2 my room. Great guy that Rev!)

But, I gotta be honest.
Rev, we all missed you at the Wildflower.  Get well quick Buddy!!!

Ride safe, Ted

Jack Cavuoti said:

There were rumors of bikes being dismantled, parts all over the place, exchanging parts, test driving, sonic drags and other events.... I think Ted was masterminding it all.. you'll have to wait for him to get all the details......

I think some people took pictures too....

I will never tell.

2012COGWILDFLOWERRIDE1.jpg

Well, I made it back with no issues and the rainsuit works great.  I put it on before leaving Hunt and never ran into any rain.  Mist, yes, but no rain.  So, it does help keep the rain away.  I finally had to pull it off and stow it when I got to Palestine.  It was getting too hot.

It was great to see all my old friends and meet some new ones.  The COG motto is so true:  Join for the bike.  Stay for the People.

Doug_Turner_TX said:
Well, I made it back with no issues and the rainsuit works great.  I put it on before leaving Hunt and never ran into any rain.  Mist, yes, but no rain.  So, it does help keep the rain away.  I finally had to pull it off and stow it when I got to Palestine.  It was getting too hot.

It was great to see all my old friends and meet some new ones.  The COG motto is so true:  Join for the bike.  Stay for the People.

Doug it was great to see you again!

Pamela and I missed all of the rain on the way back to Mesquite by keeping west of the frontal boundary. We did pass lots of areas where the roads had been soaked, but were rapidly drying.

A great time was had by all and Rev Chuck did miss a scrumptious BBQ meal with "nanner" pudding at the end for dessert.....hmmm.. hmmm.. hmm hmm. :72:

Craig and Pamela

Thanks Fred for hosting.  Thanks everyone for attending.  We got home safe and sound and had a great time.  We even stayed dry.

Bob Wilde... I mentioned to you right after I pulled in that I had forgot my spare glasses... Well you know Saturday night just sitting talking my glasses broke!  I must have forgot to knock on wood when I said that.  I was able to repair well enough with dental floss to get home.  Spent all day Monday and $360 for checkup and new glasses though. :(

smithr-scad said:
I had forgot my spare glasses... Well you know Saturday night just sitting talking my glasses broke!  I must have forgot to knock on wood when I said that.  I was able to repair well enough with dental floss to get home.  Spent all day Monday and $360 for checkup and new glasses though. :(

Bad news Bob, but at least you showed everyone that your a qualified mechanic.

Ride safe, Ted

I ran past three different sets of deer (probably more that I didn't see) on 39N at 6am in the dark and drizzle but fortunately none of them chose to take on the VFR.  Got home by 10am (Katy) and beat the rain for the most part, just some light stuff between Hunt and San Antonio.  Of course it let up as soon as the Frogg Toggs were on, just like Saturday.  I think there's some magical anti-rain material in those.

This was my first COG event and not only was the company great but it was the single greatest motorcycling day in the 30+ years that I've been riding.  The Three Sisters are almost indescribably good.  Totally worth the 4 hour slog on I-10.  Spending the day on those roads with Don, Mike, and Scott was a real highlight in my riding life...so far!  Already looking forward to next year.

I'll miss the national because of work, but for those of you dreading the June heat in Arkansas, I can highly recommend the Texas Cool Vest and say it's the best $180 you'll spend this year.  I have no connection to them, just a VERY happy user.  It's so good I feel like everyone who rides in our area should have one.  Google it.  It's WAY better than any evaporative gear I've tried.  Just my unsolicited and entirely biased opinion.

I hope to see some of my new COG friends long before Wildflower '13!