• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2014 COG National Rally camping info

IronButtAl

Camping:  Get the latest information about Camping at http://concours.org/national/nationalrally2014/lodging#campground.  CampMeister Al Norcross is working to ensure a good rally experience for those COGers who choose to camp. Tent sites are offered at $15.00 per/night/site, and RV sites are $20.00 per/night/site. RV sites have water, sewage and electric included. The restrooms and shower facilities have been visited by a member of the rally team, and have been deemed clean and of sufficient numbers to take care of our group. Campers can expect; a morning coffee station with snacks, available bottled water for the days ride, a large common fire ring, and lots of firewood. A couple of photos of the camping area are on the rally registration page, and the sites look to be flat, grassy and spacious. All Tents and RV's will be in the same area, and the restrooms and showers do NOT include a long walk. Besides all of the things that we've come to expect as the basics for camping, we'll try to come up with a few surprises to enhance our camping experience. We've arranged a shuttle for the Thursday night banquet to get our riders to and from the dinner and awards. This is provided at no charge to either the members or to COG. Al's a complete camper, so you can trust he'll do everything possible to make this a great experience for all. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Al (IronButtAl on the forum) by way of a PM, or at his club email address > SEAD@cog-online.org <

http://concours.org/national/nationalrally2014/lodging#campground.

A reminder for all planing to take in the National Rally;
February 28 is the last day to get in on early registration and save $10.00
I'm impressed at the number of riders that want to camp so far, so we should have a really good crowd of fun loving riders. If you haven't camped with the SE riders yet, you might consider starting a training program to be able to keep up with us. The fire area will be established by the time you get to the campground, so if you're not a late night person, my suggestion would be to not be too close to this action area. It might make for a better night sleep.
I'll be in the campground on Thursday or Friday, so if you want to make this an extended stay, you'll have some company. We'll have the coffee station set up for daily use throughout the week, and I will bring plenty of coolers with ice for our common use. There will be a two burner gas stove for your use if you want to make some meals but don't want or have a stove to pack. I'm working to have a grill to use, and possibly we can do a burgers & dogs night together.  If you have any other suggestions or questions, please contact me.
Al Norcross ( IronButtAl )    sead@cog-online.org