• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2014 Vmax at the drag strip

txfatboy

Scooter
Finally got to make a few fun passes at a local 1/8 mile drag strip.  Performance mods include modified air box with K&N filter, mid pipes with stock mufflers and reflashed ECU.  :motonoises:

https://youtu.be/zv2xfIv7xHQ

I think that video was the first pass. IIRC I ran a 7.02, leaving from idle and short shifting (1/8 mile). With the few performance mods done so far, the bike is capable of running 9.80's (with my weight) in the 1/4 mile. It is making about 200hp at the rear tire. I have a PC5, Auto tune, front strap with brackets, quick shifter, air shifter, deadman switch, and modified air box waiting to go on the bike this winter and am researching the nitrous system . Most likely will have a 40 to 60hp shot but have to upgrade the fuel pump. I also have a spare throttle body assembly I am going to have the throttle bodies bored from 48 to 50 mm. My goal is to be as close to 300hp at the rear tire by the end of the year as I can get and still be pump gas streetable. Then there are the bigger cams, over bore kit, head porting.....  ;)