• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2017 Back to the Shack

LSGiant

August 11-13 It's the annual ride up to the serene land on Horseshoe Lake near Pine River. Explore the roads that wind around the lakes and Jack pines of the north, returning to the shack for some R&R, grillin' and chillin' and b.s.in' around the bonfire. Take in the complimentary north woods ambience of fresh air, loons, beavers, eagles, bullfrogs and other wildlife. If not a camper lodging can be found in town. There will be a couple of spare tents and air mattress's on hand to help lighten your load. Whatever motorcycle you ride, dual sport, adventure tourer or road bike, there are plenty of trails and roads to explore. The Shack is near the central part of the TMAT route (Trans Minnesota Adventure Tour) and plenty of state land with trails and old logging roads for the adventurist. Some of us plan on getting an early start Friday leaving the Forest Lake Perkins by 5:00 PM. More details to come as they developed, for exact location of the shack contact Randy Schafer rides1zg@aol.com

Hope you guys are getting in contact with Randy as I do not see anyone signed up on the calendar.

Sadly I will not be able to attend but I have in the past.  This is one of the best ways to get in some great riding and then the beautiful solitude of a northern Minnesota lake place.

Jeff is right, Randy's place is great camping and riding! Right now the weather looks good next weekend, heck it is only a little over 400 miles from here. I told Randy last weekend, I was gonna bring some "gourmet" hot dogs and cook them on his "rolla-weiner-cooker".  I will update my plans here late next week. I do know there were  other people planning on going up also. Last year as some of you may remember, I had C10 runnability issues.

Unfortunately, I am not able to attend this year. A family member had the audacity to schedule their wedding on Back to The Shack weekend.

Not everyone who participates in COG rides sign up, in an ideal world they should, we are a freewheeling group.
I wonder if it is possible to meet up for lunch on the way up, just a suggestion - Chico's Place between Millaca and Onamia on 169 or someplace on the west side of Mille Lacs  lake.
Address is 449 county Rd 43 Pine River, shack is on the lake side across driveway with #458
Summer is short, get out in it.

I just signed up. I will be up at the SHACK around 4:00 PM.  I will have hot dogs and buns with me. Will be bringing a dozen each.  I am hoping someone can bring condiments.

Anyway I am looking forward to "Making America Great Again", that is drinking cheap beer and eating a good old American Hot Dog. Randy can be Chef Ramsey, with his hot dog cooker.

Fear not, I have the condiments at the shack along with a couple small fridges, most needs will find a solution.
How about 1:00 lunch at Chico's on Friday.

Sorry, but I will not be able to make it. Had it on the calendar, but got sick 8/1. I'm fighting a bad lung and sinus condition, complicated by the lung scaring from my March incident. I need to lay low and recover.

Have fun. It's a great event.

My ride home yesterday AM, started out a bit wet. But got drier as I rode south. Randy, thanks again for hosting, and leading the group on a nice ride Saturday.