• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2017 Bun Cooler

arrowlane

I'm sure most of you are aware that the Bun Cooler is the 3rd weekend of May. You need to make reservations at the Lewis-Clark Motel by March 1 to receive the 10% discount. You also need to make sure you have a credit card number for your reservation by then or they will release your reservation to the general public.

The restaurant there has shut down so I am going to have the banquet catered. I will be giving more details later. I am in Arizona now enjoying the warm weather and will update everyone on the Bun Cooler when I get back home in March.

I'll be there. I'm calling Lewis & Clark the end of the month to reserve the spot I had last year.

The fire will be Friday night, starting at dusk, brought to you by yours truly.  :beerchug:

gsun said:
Too bad the restaurant closed. Breakfast out!

Darn, I guess good things can't go on for ever. But maybe open for new season. maybe, I hope. Or maybe OMC will cook breakfast for the rest of us.  :nananana:

I do have a room reservation with a room mate. I need to confirm it appears I'm set for the last weekend. I'm guessing I'll need Friday and Saturday only. I have Fri, Sat and Sunday.

Room is now all set. I forgot I had already made a down payment when reserving a room for this year.  ;)

TimR said:
gsun said:
Too bad the restaurant closed. Breakfast out!

Darn, I guess good things can't go on for ever. But maybe open for new season. maybe, I hope. Or maybe OMC will cook breakfast for the rest of us.  :nananana:
Gonna try for a cabin again. Full kitchen. Hmmmmmmmmmm............................ Bfast Burrito's sponsored by the SW hoard with donations accepted to???????????????? Damnhick now the wheels are a turnin.

Red Fox said:
TimR said:
I forgot I had already made a down payment ...  ;)

Sigh, witnessing a senior moment here.

And I suppose you can remember leaving a down payment for a room 8months ago?  I did have the reservation number, what more do you want? The only reason the question came up is because the CC I used may have been compromised and I have a new one. 

Old Man on a Connie said:
Gonna try for a cabin again. Full kitchen. Hmmmmmmmmmm............................ Bfast Burrito's sponsored by the SW hoard with donations accepted to???????????????? Damnhick now the wheels are a turnin.
This just might work.... maybe Jami will help, because I am a terrible cook :103:

Let's talk $$. Oh, that's right you are not to good at returning phone calls. :nananana:

How hard will it be to find a room at the last moment for this event? I want to go, just won't know if I will have the time off until the week before.

Thanx,
Cdawg

CDawg1506 said:
How hard will it be to find a room at the last moment for this event? I want to go, just won't know if I will have the time off until the week before.

Thanx,
Cdawg
That should not be a problem, there are other hotels in Kamiah if you can't get a room at rally central, or you could always camp.

Gumby said:
This just might work.... maybe Jami will help, because I am a terrible cook :103:

Let's talk $$. Oh, that's right you are not to good at returning phone calls. :nananana:
Friggen Guilty!  :beerchug: ;)

CDawg1506 said:

Thanx,
Cdawg

Unlikely to be a problem.  The closest other Kamiah motel is the Clearwater 12 Motel, 1+ mile away on the main road.  208-935-2671
[It's my usual choice when over-nighting in that town; the Clearwater rooms are way larger, newer; but you will have to ride to the rally headquarters.]

I'm around internet access for this week so I'll try to clear things up.

Every hotel/motel I have made reservations at require a credit card number so they don't get stuck holding a room and no one shows up. They also have a number of days that you can cancel without costing you anything. They don't charge anything to your credit card until you stay or don't show up without canceling.

The Clearwater Motel is also a good choice. Just don't drink too much around the BS session and then try to ride back. I don't think there are too many Urber drivers in Kamiah.

There are several restaurants in town for breakfast or for dinner other than the banquet Sat. night. It isn't that I don't trust Mark's cooking, but it would be a hassle to make breakfast for everyone. I could probably have donuts and coffee for everyone. People can also ride to another town on their route and get breakfast. I can give some suggestions with the routes. Let me know what you  think. Maybe we can bring in Pizza for Friday night. There is a good pizza place in town.

Mark - Glena is complaining about 50 degree weather when it is in the single digits at home. I can't make her happy.

I was only teasing about Mark making B/F for everyone.  :nananana:  I agree making B/F for 60 people would be a major pita. Donuts and Pizza are out for me but coffee is good. I'm sure everyone can get things figured out.  ;)

Jim_Sherman_ID said:
I'm around internet access for this week so I'll try to clear things up.

Every hotel/motel I have made reservations at require a credit card number so they don't get stuck holding a room and no one shows up. They also have a number of days that you can cancel without costing you anything. They don't charge anything to your credit card until you stay or don't show up without canceling.

The Clearwater Motel is also a good choice. Just don't drink too much around the BS session and then try to ride back. I don't think there are too many Urber drivers in Kamiah.

There are several restaurants in town for breakfast or for dinner other than the banquet Sat. night. It isn't that I don't trust Mark's cooking, but it would be a hassle to make breakfast for everyone. I could probably have donuts and coffee for everyone. People can also ride to another town on their route and get breakfast. I can give some suggestions with the routes. Let me know what you  think. Maybe we can bring in Pizza for Friday night. There is a good pizza place in town.

Mark - Glena is complaining about 50 degree weather when it is in the single digits at home. I can't make her happy.
I dunno. A couple dozen eggs, a few pounds of chorizo, some pre shredded cheese and flour tortilla's. May be doable. Throw in some Bloody Mary's and the party gets started  :) And Hell Jim, When was the last time anyone made Glena happy? :)) :)) Nice Javelina BTW  :great: Still trying to get down for a visit.

Hope fully Glenna bakes the cookies. It's not that I question Mark's ability but I know without doubt Glenna bakes a great cookie.  :)

fl-ca-id_zpshbavg7we.jpg

TimR said:
I was only teasing about Mark making B/F for everyone.  :nananana:  I agree making B/F for 60 people would be a major pita. Donuts and Pizza are out for me but coffee is good. I'm sure everyone can get things figured out.  ;)
That weekend is still tentative for us, but made hotel reservations just in case.  Hotel says continental breakfast/coffee will be available, and they are thinking about making hot dogs and hamburgers available in the evenings and also maybe something for lunch. 

Jim_Sherman_ID said:
What is wrong with donuts and beer for dinner?

I don't know of any beer that goes well with donuts. A glass of milk maybe...either way to many carbs.

TimR said:
Jim_Sherman_ID said:
What is wrong with donuts and beer for dinner?

I don't know of any beer that goes well with donuts. A glass of milk maybe...either way to many carbs.
Beer for dinner? I'm in!
Oop's Disclaimer: Beer not supplied by the club or any affiliation thereof or super ceded by current bylaws or rules. COG does not endorse or support drinking and riding. Now once the riding is done and the bikes are parked for the night? Unleash the dogs and let 'em hunt! This is not to be construed as a statement from the BOD or Club Officers but a personal editorial. I gotta cover my a$$. No animals were harmed because of this post.  ;) :) :beerchug:

Back on topic , this is what the Bun Cooler is all about. :great:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:017:

Shot some emails back and forth with Tom. Getting more serious about throwing a breakfast burrito banquet Sat Morn sponsored by the SW group. If we can get Jim and Glena to bring down some skillets and we can get a serving table I'll be good to run to the local grocery and get some supplies and cook them up Sat morn. We can take donations to OTP. Eggs, your choice of chorizo or white boy sausage :), hash browns and cheese on a flour tortilla. Ketchup or salsa as a garnish. Moo Juice or packaged OJ. Bring your own coffee. Mind you I may be partaking of bloody Mary's (Jamie is in charge there) during the cooking process so late arrivals may be questionable. Of course this depends on Glena's approval as Jim has no say  ;). I consider my NW friends some of my closest and want to give back. What say you?

Of course this depends on Glena's approval as Jim has no say  ;). I consider my NW friends some of my closest and want to give back. What say you?

Jim and Glena are still in the sticks of Arizona, so you will have to wait until they see your post.  By the way - you're hillarious!!!! :rotflmao:

Shot some emails back and forth with Tom. Getting more serious about throwing a breakfast burrito banquet Sat Morn sponsored by the SW group. If we can get Jim and Glena to bring down some skillets and we can get a serving table I'll be good to run to the local grocery and get some supplies and cook them up Sat morn. We can take donations to OTP. Eggs, your choice of chorizo or white boy sausage :), hash browns and cheese on a flour tortilla. Ketchup or salsa as a garnish. Moo Juice or packaged OJ. Bring your own coffee. Mind you I may be partaking of bloody Mary's (Jamie is in charge there) during the cooking process so late arrivals may be questionable. Of course this depends on Glena's approval as Jim has no say  ;). I consider my NW friends some of my closest and want to give back. What say you?

My wagon has several cast iron skillets, a cast iron high wall skillet, and a dutch oven if you can use them. Also an aluminum table that could be used maybe. Don't think the chainsaw would be much use.  :rotflmao:

JR's in and me thinks we are not far from his immolation pit. You know your one of my fav's Kari. Let's do this.  :beerchug:

I would definately donate to OTP For a breakfast! Scrambled, Chorizo, crispy hash browns, and salsa please (I'll bring my own Siracha) :great:

Spoke with Mark about the breakfast thing today and we are both in favor of the idea, especially since Mark is cookin'.
:103:

I am thinking Jami and I will drag the trailer out so we can bring extra pots and pans, and I have a large fold up table we can bring as well.

:coffee2: :coffee2:

Gumby said:
Spoke with Mark about the breakfast thing today and we are both in favor of the idea, especially since Mark is cookin'.

I am thinking Jami and I will drag the trailer out so we can bring extra pots and pans, and I have a large fold up table we can bring as well.

I knew we got the right guy for the job.  :great:

Just made my reservation for the Bun Cooler at the Clearwater, sound like they are filling up fast, get er done ya'll ;)

Might not have a job by then but I'll find a way to make it this year again ., eve have a couple of puppy sitters lined up .

Gumby said:

Now that's what I'm talking about! Bring the kitchen to the campsite!  :great: :beerchug:

I got back from AZ. yesterday and today I talked to the resort. They are emailing me the names of a couple of business that can cater our banquet. I will post the information and hopefully I will get some feedback on what you guys want.

We get a continental breakfast with our rooms. I know that doesn't compare with Mark's cooking. They also said by then they will be serving a lunch/dinner with hot dogs and burger type stuff.

I just cancelled the room we reserved last year, trading it in for an RV spot. Anybody that is not at Rally Central and wants to be, give Lewis-Clark Resort a call. (208) 935-2556

Jim_Sherman_ID said:
I got back from AZ. yesterday and today I talked to the resort. They are emailing me the names of a couple of business that can cater our banquet. I will post the information and hopefully I will get some feedback on what you guys want.
... They also said by then they will be serving a lunch/dinner with hot dogs and burger type stuff.

On Friday, with people arriving anytime from 3PM to dark plus, maybe consider a stretched out meal?

Dependent on no rain Friday: am comfortable with a less planned parking lot burger/dog dinner options - BBQ grill cooking right in the parking lot for a walk around / meet and greet dinner.  Beef dogs, beef burgers, and all the fixings.  Napkins, paper plates and plastic forks.  Everybody to wear shirt with breast pocket to hold pop or beer can. 

If Friday rain, then we could move into the normal large room - with the BBQ grill(s) staying just outside the door.

Thoughts ...

Red Fox said:
Jim_Sherman_ID said:
... They also said by then they will be serving a lunch/dinner with hot dogs and burger type stuff.

On Friday, with people arriving anytime from 3PM to dark plus, maybe consider a stretched out meal?

Dependent on no rain Friday: am comfortable with a less planned parking lot burger/dog dinner options - BBQ grill cooking right in the parking lot for a walk around / meet and greet dinner.  Beef dogs, beef burgers, and all the fixings.  Napkins, paper plates and plastic forks.  Everybody to wear shirt with breast pocket to hold pop or beer can. 

If Friday rain, then we could move into the normal large room - with the BBQ grill(s) staying just outside the door.

Thoughts ...

No rain, k ? After dinner, about dusk, the fire will start up at the ring. Hopefully that huge pile of wood is just as huge as last year.  :beerchug:

Just an FYI for whoever might be interested.  Just giving up my reservation for a hotel room as I sadly can't make it to the bun cooler this year.  The room is on the 2nd floor.

The resort said that there will be plenty of firewood. I need to advertise it better this year. Last year we stood around the parking lot rather than the fire.

Jim_Sherman_ID said:
The resort said that there will be plenty of firewood. I need to advertise it better this year. Last year we stood around the parking lot rather than the fire.

Maybe you could put a sheet of paper in the bags you give out that says come to the fire Friday at dusk after dinner.  :beerchug:

Whether anyone comes over or not, I'm burning wood.

Road Warrior said:
Just an FYI for whoever might be interested.  Just giving up my reservation for a hotel room as I sadly can't make it to the bun cooler this year.  The room is on the 2nd floor.

We'll miss you, Rob!  Hope whatever you're doing instead is fun too!  :motonoises:

Just reserved a cabin for this event, looking forward to seeing you folks!  :great:

Cool Beans :great: Cabin 2 shall now be known as SWCOG headquarters and location of the "Great Breakfast Burrito Cook Off" Sat Morn sponsored by the SW area for donations to OTP. Looking forward to C'ing my great NW friends again. If possible can we get an option on the reg page for those wanting Bfast? Would help us get a count for groceries.  :beerchug: :)

food? Somebody mentioned Food? I'm all in. ;)

I had the blue bike out for a short ride today. A bit cold but it was good to be out on the 900.

ZG . . . .

Bruce and I are in #4 and Mark is in #2 so hopefully you're sandwiched between us in #3!

Tigger said:
ZG . . . .

Bruce and I are in #4 and Mark is in #2 so hopefully you're sandwiched between us in #3!

Mmmm... COG samich!  ;D

I got an email that a room opened up, so I had them switch me from the cabin to a room, see you there!  :great:

I have some information for the banquet. As most of you know they closed the kitchen at the resort. We still get the large room we had before, but we have to have someone cater the banquet. Here are some choices.

One is there is a guy that does a pig roast. He supplies everything. He can also make a couple of dutch oven chickens for those that don't like pig. The cost for the pig is $15. He can also just do chicken if everyone would rather do that than a pig.

Another option is a place that caters, but we have to go and get the food. They can do tri-tip or pasta.

A 3rd option is pizza. We can go and just order a bunch of pizzas and go get them.

Maybe a 4th option would be Mark can do dinner along with breakfast.  :)

Let me know what you guys think so I can get started on it.

If we do pigs and chicken what kind of sides do we get?

I am a huge fan of pizza too. ;D

Charlie_Gary_AAD said:
Did you say pig?  I am a  pork-eating crusader. :)

I'm with Charlie....roasted pig sounds really good. but so does chicken to a lessor degree. Not so big on Pizza. Too much bread for my old protein loving body.

I like Pig and it Likes me. I'd be more than happy to cook din's but I plan to be well lubricated by that time and ya'll may not appreciate my sweet and savory nuances.  ;)

It sounds like you guys are a bunch of pig lovers.

The guy that does it has a roaster and will cook it right there for something like 5 hours. I'll tell him we will do pig and maybe some chicken for those who don't like pigs.

I'm not sure what the sides will be, but he said salad. I like beans, but I'm not sure that is a good idea with this group.

I'd probably be one of the ones who wants chicken. But I like pork too, just not as much.

Well, BBQ pork is to die for, though.

Jim_Sherman_ID said:
It sounds like you guys are a bunch of pig lovers.

The guy that does it has a roaster and will cook it right there for something like 5 hours. I'll tell him we will do pig and maybe some chicken for those who don't like pigs.

I'm not sure what the sides will be, but he said salad. I like beans, but I'm not sure that is a good idea with this group.

It's not like we'll all be locked inside an airplane together.  Just need to be mindful of how close a person gets to JR's conflagration.

antibus said:
Jim,

We have a room for the bun cooler. How do we register and pay for the event aka catered food?

Registration is not open yet. We will make an announcement soon and provide the link.

If the button does not work for you go to the calendar and click on the Bun Cooler and then try the Registration button. That did the trick for me.

Hello all.

I will be arriving in the Kamiah area a few days early for the bun cooler.  I've never ridden this area before and would like to do some looking around. Any ride or route suggestions from those in the know would be greatly appreciated. 
I'll be coming into the state from either north central Nevada or Lake Tahoe. 

Thanks

Jet Fixer said:
Hello all.

I will be arriving in the Kamiah area a few days early for the bun cooler.  I've never ridden this area before and would like to do some looking around. Any ride or route suggestions from those in the know would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

I can fix you up. I've ridden every road within 200 miles. What day are you coming in? We put on  BBQ at our house on Thurs for the early arrivals. We live near the junction of Hwy 3 and 12, which is about 55 miles from Kamiah. Several of us will be doing a ride on Fri. before we head up to Kamiah.

I posted about our BBQ on the other link about the Bun Cooler registration. Maybe we should move all discussion to this site.

We are having our usual BBQ on Thurs. before the Bun Cooler. Let me know if you are attending so I can have enough road kill for everyone.

Jim_Sherman_ID said:
Jet Fixer said:
Hello all.

Thanks

I can fix you up. I've ridden every road within 200 miles. What day are you coming in? We put on  BBQ at our house on Thurs for the early arrivals. We live near the junction of Hwy 3 and 12, which is about 55 miles from Kamiah. Several of us will be doing a ride on Fri. before we head up to Kamiah.

Thanks Jim!
I think I will arrive in the area on Wednesday morning. Have a cabin at L&C for thurs, fri, sat.  I'll wing it wed night.
I'll look forward to your suggestions.  I am planning on helping out the Old Man with Friday breakfast but wide open after that. 
The BBQ sounds awesome!!      :great: :great:  Let me know if I can help with that in any way.

Thanks again Jim.  I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.  :great:
(I can call you when it's convenient for you or whatever you would like to get route/road suggestions ).