• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2017 Bun Cooler

Jet Fixer said:
Jim_Sherman_ID said:
Jet Fixer said:
Hello all.

I will be arriving in the Kamiah area a few days early for the bun cooler.  I've never ridden this area before and would like to do some looking around. Any ride or route suggestions from those in the know would be greatly appreciated. 
I'll be coming into the state from either north central Nevada or Lake Tahoe. 

Thanks

I can lead you on routes unless something comes up.

I can fix you up. I've ridden every road within 200 miles. What day are you coming in? We put on  BBQ at our house on Thurs for the early arrivals. We live near the junction of Hwy 3 and 12, which is about 55 miles from Kamiah. Several of us will be doing a ride on Fri. before we head up to Kamiah.

Thanks Jim!
I think I will arrive in the area on Wednesday morning. Have a cabin at L&C for thurs, fri, sat.  I'll wing it wed night.
I'll look forward to your suggestions.  I am planning on helping out the Old Man with Friday breakfast but wide open after that. 
The BBQ sounds awesome!!      :great: :great:  Let me know if I can help with that in any way.

Thanks again Jim.  I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.  :great:
(I can call you when it's convenient for you or whatever you would like to get route/road suggestions ).

We did a ride up Lolo Pass Sat. It was beautiful weather. The road is clear, but a lot of snow at the pass. 12 miles later at Lochsa Lodge, it was t-shirt weather. The rafters were out in force on the Lochsa.

The weather man says we will have sunny weather for the Bun Cooler.

IMG_1554_zpsurvv4map.jpg

IMG_1558_zpshavuhlmb.jpg

IMG_1560_zpsn6iaofon.jpg

Jet Fixer said:
Hello all.

I will be arriving in the Kamiah area a few days early for the bun cooler.  I've never ridden this area before and would like to do some looking around. Any ride or route suggestions from those in the know would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

I should be arriving at Lewis and Clark Thursday afternoon baring unforeseen changes or horrendous weather, and am planning on a day of riding on Friday.  I'll be on a black Goldwing (just sold Connie yesterday).  Look for me there.

Joe

WingCon said:
I should be arriving at Lewis and Clark Thursday afternoon baring unforeseen changes or horrendous weather, and am planning on a day of riding on Friday.  I'll be on a black Goldwing (just sold Connie yesterday).  Look for me there.

Joe

See you there Joe, with Wing!  :great:

ZG said:
WingCon said:

Joe

See you there Joe, with Wing!  :great:

Roger Jay!

Oi it wold be fun! But alas, have had reservations for months and will be trail riding with the better half on the TW's up the Okanogan.

WingCon said:
Jet Fixer said:
Hello all.

Thanks

Are you coming to the BBQ Thurs at our house?

Joe

I get to miss the Bun Cooler this year.  :??: :41:      I have substaned a left hand injury and can't pull the clutch. See you all in Colville.

TimR said:
I get to miss the Bun Cooler this year.  :??: :41:      I have substaned a left hand injury and can't pull the clutch. See you all in Colville.
Dangit! Take a train?  :) :beerchug:

I bet we could fab up a temporary foot operated clutch set up...necessity is the mother of strange bedfellows...or something like that said Ben Franklin when his Concours would not start right before the first Continental Congress..... :))

Yeah OMC, I thought about driving but my Bronco would eat me out of house and home just in gas.  Besides it gives me another year to get the Z1 ready.

TimR said:
Yeah OMC, I thought about driving but my Bronco would eat me out of house and home just in gas.  Besides it gives me another year to get the Z1 ready.
Be good Brother. I'll mail you a burrito.  ;)

[size=24pt]BANQUET AND APPAREL REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS NOON > MAY 11TH.
Apparel orders after this date and at the event will increase by $6
and will be shipped directly to your home. 
Sorry no late International/Canadian Orders.
[/size] 

OMC, a turn of events and I will be coming. I'll take you up on it in person. I won't be driving but I'll get there thanks to another member.  :)

TimR said:

Sorry to see my prediction was accurate.  :'(

And then I saw your next post.  Great!  See you there!

It's things like this that make COG a great organization to be part of.  :) 

I get the pins out of the fingers the day before the Bun Cooler. I thought oh great I can pull a clutch. The hand Doc pretty much said fat chance.  :??:

I will need some physical therapy but I need some of the mental therapy the Connie provides at some point. 

TimR said:
OMC, a turn of events and I will be coming. I'll take you up on it in person. I won't be driving but I'll get there thanks to another member.  :)

Are you riding bitch? You know there is a commitment with that. :D

Yes Jim on a Cam AM Spider.  I don't mind riding bitch as long as one doesn't have to get too friendly.

After I had the stroke my ALR buddies decided I needed to go for a ride. I rode bitch on the back of a Wing trike. It wasn't so bad. I figure this won't be either. Or I can stay at home and miss the fun. I think my bride would love to get rid of me for a couple of days.  ;)

TimR said:
Rockin! You gonna be in ZG's trailer?  :great: :beerchug: And then I see the last post. Good on ya brother. Throttle hand still good for hand shakin'?

Old Man on a Connie said:
TimR said:
Rockin! You gonna be in ZG's trailer?  :great: :beerchug: And then I see the last post. Good on ya brother. Throttle hand still good for hand shakin'?

;D

TimR said:
Yes Jim on a Cam AM Spider.  I don't mind riding bitch as long as one doesn't have to get too friendly.

After I had the stroke my ALR buddies decided I needed to go for a ride. I rode bitch on the back of a Wing trike. It wasn't so bad. I figure this won't be either. Or I can stay at home and miss the fun. I think my bride would love to get rid of me for a couple of days.  ;)

Tim's level of commitment is showing here.  Gotta love it.  :great:

Charlie_Gary_AAD said:
TimR said:

Tim's level of commitment is showing here.  Gotta love it.  :great:

:))  :rotflmao:  :motonoises: :D  :motonoises:  :rotflmao:  :))

Jim, Yes they do time and time again. By the way Lewis and Clark has one room left open if any one is interested as of today. Tim

TimR said:
Jim, Yes they do time and time again. By the way Lewis and Clark has one room left open if any one is interested as of today. Tim

Kerry at the resort wants you to call her to confirm that you don't want that room. She needs to talk to you before she will release the room.

REMINDER: 

Be sure to [size=18pt]REGISTER BY NOON MAY 11 to sign up for the Banquet AND get your apparel at the rally and before the price goes up![/size]

I did a ride yesterday to Elk City. The pavement is in excellent shape. They were even painting stripes on the pavement. The river is roaring and it was beautiful. The road was really crowded, we saw 3 cars going up and 2 coming back.  :)

Mmm, Elk City...huckleberry pie and Ice cream at the place with the attack waitress on duty. "Many have eaten here, few have died", love that place. Now Elk River...don't get me started on my tale of taking a brand new 2005 ZX-10 from Headquarters over the Dvorshak to that town...what were we thinking!

Thanks for the road report.

ZXtasy said:
Mmm, Elk City...huckleberry pie and Ice cream at the place with the attack waitress on duty. "Many have eaten here, few have died", love that place. Now Elk River...don't get me started on my tale of taking a brand new 2005 ZX-10 from Headquarters over the Dvorshak to that town...what were we thinking!

Thanks for the road report.

The road from Dent to Elk River is a pretty good road for a large dual sport, but I bet it was interesting on a ZX-10. We took back roads to Elk River from Kendrick last week. The main road to Park Rd. was washed out so we got to explore and found an interesting road. There was some mud and a couple of logs to jump. I'd be glad to take you on it with your ZX.

Uhmm, yeah. I'm good, I have my TW-200 for dual sporting/Apocalypse type activities now. But thanks!!

The weather forecast is looking pretty good, dry with lows in the high 40's and high's about 70.  :)

Is there anyone planning to camp? I've got a room reserved, but with weather like that I'm now debating changing to just bringing the tent and camp??

:??:

Tigger said:
REMINDER: 

Be sure to [size=18pt]REGISTER BY NOON MAY 11 to sign up for the Banquet AND get your apparel at the rally and before the price goes up![/size]

Kari, Did I sign up for a shirt?  Can't remember.

Thanks to Kari for kicking me;  don't know how I managed to not sign up.  Getting old, I guess.

When I signed up, message said that since I signed up late, I should contact Jim about the pig roast.

So, Jim, please reserve some small part of that pig for me.

Thanks!  See you all there Friday afternoon.

And, very nice of you to arrange the perfect weather.

Packing my trash now. Weather guesser sez 6 to 8 inches of show in Jackpot NV on Wed. Suspect I may show up with my Buns Precooled.

Any interest in West side meeting east side at Bob's located at I90 and SR17 in Moses Lake? That way we could ride into Lewis and Clark as a small group as in years past. Lunch stop could include the marina at Starbucks. 

It looks like I am going to be able to make it. I am going to try (depending on weather) to be there on Thurs PM. How do I find the BBQ and if anyone has a recommend for a hotel for Thurs-Sun would be very helpful.

My first time to MT, if anybody has a good road to ride I am all ears. I will be coming up through SLC.

Hope to see you all,
CDawg

CDawg1506 said:
It looks like I am going to be able to make it. I am going to try (depending on weather) to be there on Thurs PM. How do I find the BBQ and if anyone has a recommend for a hotel for Thurs-Sun would be very helpful.

My first time to MT, if anybody has a good road to ride I am all ears. I will be coming up through SLC.

Hope to see you all,
CDawg
Check the planning thread in the SW area Jim. We'll be meeting up in Jackpot on Thurs night. C U There.

CDawg1506 said:

Hope to see you all,
CDawg

Look at the event on the NW calendar. It has the phone numbers for the L&C Resort and Clearwater Motel. Charlie is looking for a roommate.

email me direct and I'll give you directions for the BBQ.

jimsher70@gmail.com

CDawg1506 said:
My first time to MT, . . . I will be coming up through SLC.

Hope to see you all,
CDawg

MT?  As in Montana?  Kamiah is in Idaho.

(Although coming up straight north through Idaho Falls, into Montana, across Lolo Pass and into Idaho to Kamiah is a pretty good ride, although longer, people tell me.)

:)  See you in Kamiah! 

Hey everyone. My wife and I are sick and not going to make it. We paid for 2 dinners. Anyone one registering late can have ours. Sorry were going to miss everyone.

antibus said:
Hey everyone. My wife and I are sick and not going to make it. We paid for 2 dinners. Anyone one registering late can have ours. Sorry were going to miss everyone.

You were missed.  Sending your shirts in the mail.