• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2017 Hunt for Red October

LSGiant

Time to get signed up for Annual Hunt for Red October. Rooms at the Don Q hotel are already going fast.

All the information can be found here.

https://tinyurl.com/y74lj6e8

I'm registered and once again looking forward to being there.  It will be awesome to see everyone up north who also attended the Spider Ride this past weekend. 

See everyone really soon, Gary

I just registered... and I have a room to share.  LMK if you are interested in splitting 2 nights.

Pray for sun and decent temps! 

I'll be there. I have a room reserved, a roommate lined up and I'm signed up. Hopefully the weather will be good. One never knows.

Looking forward to this one. I missed a lot of rides with the group this summer due to other conflicts. Life gets in the way sometimes.

My new tires on the FJR, so I'm ready to ride. See everyone soon.

Always in for this one, the last big ride is not to be missed.
Looking forward to seeing everyone there!  >:D

Gary
For the fantastic job you did as Commander in Chief of the COG National this year, you can have any chair you want.

If it gets me near the front of the Friday night pizza line I'll claim it. ;D

I'm really looking forward to seeing you and everyone else since I missed Soldier's Grove this year.  The initial weather forecast looks like great weather.  It should be another super weekend of fun.   

Take care Jim and see you soon.

I plan to ride out from the Milwaukee area early Saturday morning for the Lunch meet-and-greet in Sparta.

Any riders in the area who'd like to meet up on the way are welcome.

General plan:

- Leave MKE at 8am
- Ride to Mauston via I-94
- Take Hwy 82 West to Hwy 71
- Take Hwy 71 north to lunch in Sparta

- From Sparta ride to Wildcat Mountain and down eventually to Dodgeville for lodging and dinner

Matt, Im contemplating making this run as a day trip. (weather dependent) My route to Sparta is a bit more scenic. 94/60 to Lodi, Merrimac Ferry, Devils Lake, Baraboo, Reedsburg, and Letter roads to Wildcat and on to Sparta. Return to Dodgeville via letter roads thru the Kickapoo river valley. Care to join me? Again this is weather dependent.

Craig

Hello Craig,

I like riding via Lodi and the Merrimac Ferry also.

I have not ridden northward past Wildcat Mountain but I am willing to try.

Would you consider meeting up at MacDonald's in Wales at 8am? 

Matt

Matt, 8am at the McDonalds Hyw 83/I94 sounds like a plan. Looking forward to the ride.

Craig

Are there any plans for the Minnesota group to meet on Friday morning for the ride to Dodgeville? We usually meet at the Perkins in Stillwater for breakfast.

Is anyone interested in a group ride? If so what time should we meet?

Cookie said:
Are there any plans for the Minnesota group to meet on Friday morning for the ride to Dodgeville? We usually meet at the Perkins in Stillwater for breakfast.

Is anyone interested in a group ride? If so what time should we meet?

Let's meet for breakfast at 8:00 Friday at the Stillwater Perkins with kick stands up at 9:00 for the traditional route to Dodgeville, lunch break again at Big Boar Barbeque in West Salem around 12:30 - 1:00
I'll give Brian a heads up to send out this info tonight.

Not sure why, but I am busier than I should be this time of year, but will make every effort to make it up to BBB next Friday. Right now they are saying 73 deg F and sunny.

ZG/ZN Kim said:
Not sure why, but I am busier than I should be this time of year, but will make every effort to make it up to BBB next Friday. Right now they are saying 73 deg F and sunny.

Looking forward to it!

ZG/ZN Kim said:

Busy + retired?  Wait a minute 😳

CHILL said:
Intently watching the weather forecast. Trying to will a change. (sigh)  :mad:

Craig,

Call me or text me if you are not going out in the Rain tomorrow.  Then I will know not to stop at McDonalds to meet you.

I will be going, rain or shine, but I may not ride country roads from the Merrimac Ferry up to lunch in Sparta.

Talk to you later,
Matt

Matt, Im throwing in the towel. I cant do what amounts to a 400 mile day in the rain. Maybe next year. :truce:

Craig

CHILL said:
Matt, Im throwing in the towel. I cant do what amounts to a 400 mile day in the rain. Maybe next year. :truce:

Craig

Okay, Craig.

I will down a Hot Chocolate in your honor at the Pizza Dinner.

Ride Safe,
Matt

I had a wonderful time chatting with everyone when I stopped.  I'm sorry I couldn't ride or attend the banquette, but it looks like a pretty good group of people.

If given enough heads up next year, I will certainly try to arrange my schedule if need be so I can be there.

Hope everyone made it home safe!  :beerchug:

Thanks to Dave McClurg for hosting this event.  Despite the rain we all had fun visiting and enjoying our Saturday dinner banquet and evening of bowling. 

Thanks Dave and crew for a great Hunt!  The bowling and mexican lunch in Dodgeville were my highlights of a rainy Saturday! (Friday and Sunday were GREAT!)  ;)

Thanks again to Dave for another great Hunt. This is one of the best events in the NC region. Even with a little rain, ok maybe a lot of rain, it was a great time. Good to see everyone and spend time at the Don Q.