• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2017 NW Regional Rally Registration is OPEN!

11 registered for this event so far  :-\ less one that found he had a conflict  :??: so that will bump us to 10 attendees to date.

If you wish to utilize King rooms instead of 2Q - please make sure you still let them know you are with NWCOG group when you call for your reservation.  If you have any trouble at all, call me!

Kari 208-755-7423

Hate to sound like a Debbie Downer here, but the way things are going with road washouts and slides, many of the decent roads are impassable and may be for the majority of the summer.
I am glad I rode HWY 20 from mile 1 to the end at Newport last summer! Is there an alternate location JIC?

We should still have plenty of roads that we can navigate.  Bruce will most likely go out at the end of July, first part of August to check road conditions -- he is always looking for a good excuse to go for a ride LOL!

See you in August!

-Kari

Only Loup Loup is closed besides the snow on the pass, it should open back up after the snow melts and it dries out, plus rally is still 4 months away lots of time to fix the roads, I'm going over the pass the 1st part of July and will post if there are any problems then

Loup Loup Pass report

SR 20 is closed in both directions from four miles west of the Loup Loup Pass summit at milepost 211 to Rock Creek at milepost 223 due to water over the roadway, mud slides, and road repairs. Currently there is no estimated time for reopening and no local detour available. Motorists can use SR 153 through the Methow Valley as an alternate route.

153 isn't a bad road for a motorcycle. SR 20 can be picked up again about 30 miles north on 97. I would expect the Loup to be fully repaired by the time of the regional. 

I just called the Hotel tonight to check on room availability -- [size=12pt]there are only 3 rooms left in the block that I reserved for our rally![/size]  There was one other room available at the time I called, but not in the same block. 

There are other hotels in town, but I have no idea if/how many rooms are available. 

There is camping available at the Fairgrounds nearby - Dan knows more about that than I do!  I didn't realize the campground that I notated in the registration was about 25 minutes away - sorry!

:eek: :-\ :-[ Get your room and register if you're coming - and we hope you are!

Thanks for the update, I am camping at the much closer fairgrounds, and Lori there seems very accommodating. It seems to be about 3 blocks away, stumbling distance in the dark, so that is good. Hope more can make it.

153 isn't a bad road for a motorcycle. SR 20 can be picked up again about 30 miles north on 97. I would expect the Loup to be fully repaired by the time of the regional.

Reports I'm hearing is fat chance for repairs on SR 20 to be done by the Regional.  They might be close to filling the hole by then.

There are other roads that are good in the area -- besides -- gives you good practice on maneuverability!  ;)

All the snow will be gone by Aug.
The only section of Hwy 20 closed is Loop Loop, just have to swing south Thur Brewster

Well darn! Guess the heated gear stays in the tour pak.

In January I rode from Charleston SC to Myrtle Beach in 26 degree (ambient) temperatures. It was an awesome ride and the hog was very happy to run in such cold weather.

Anyway, I'll arrive fairgrounds camp either 16th or 17th, depending on how I feel the morning I break camp at Laguna Seca county park near Monterey CA.

Well, and how often I stop for pictures.