• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2017 SC "New" Event Planning Discussion

kv5e

South Central Area Director - COG 5063
Staff member
OK everyone in the SC, let's use this thread as a catalyst to have more rider events in all areas of the SC Area:

1. Day rides and even "short fuse" rides where less than 10 days before the ride an event host or AAD steps up
2. RTE so riders from multiple cities can converge for a COG  Feasting on Asphalt
3. Wrenching sessions (who can host?)
4. New rides like last years fall Talimena Ride organized
5. Whatever you can think up

A lot of folks are not on the forum so we can utilize email broadcasts when it is warranted.

It really does not take much effort to get out and ride with others for events like these. just carve out the time and communicate.

I will be glad to help as well as the SC AAD corps.

Let's take 2017 up a notch for the South Central Area. It may have some surprises for folks willing to step up! :great:

Craig

I have a couple ideas for RTE's. Have to work out some details & get restaurant names/address's.

How about nabbing the s/w idea, a mileage challenge. Maybe who rides to the most states this year?

Cliff  :beerchug:

Just Cliff said:
I have a couple ideas for RTE's. Have to work out some details & get restaurant names/address's.

How about nabbing the s/w idea, a mileage challenge. Maybe who rides to the most states this year?

Good Ideas Cliff.  Let me know what you can work out.

I was also thinking some joint rides between Areas, of course the Lake of the Ozarks this summer is on deck but maybe a SC and SW or SC and SE get together somewhere?

There's a pretty broad spectrum of riders in COG, I am trying to focus on the inactive members who just need a little incentive to go ride with locals.

Some kind of mileage or states traveled challenged should give something to post & talk about. Creating a little more activity. Maybe a little  token prize at the end of the year. Set it up & see if you get any response.

RTE's I had in mind are n/e LA., this would give members from 3 states & 2 regions a easy opportunity to attend.

North AR., this would give members from 2 states & 2 regions a chance to attend.

RTE's will probably only have a couple week notice as hoping for a busy ride schedule this year.

I am looking at trying to plan another Arkansas ride for either May or October. I am looking into lodging now in Harrison Ark.
The ride would be an arrive Friday afternoon/evening, ride all day Saturday and depart for home Sunday morning. May dates I had in mind would be May 12,13,14, 2017. October dates would either be Oct 13,14,15th or 27,28,29th. The ride would start in Harrison at the Family Budget Inn (the ride motel spot). This is a very nice motel location with single level rooms and parking for bikes right in front of all rooms. I am checking on rates and info right now. The ride itself would include the Push Mountain road and Hwy 123 among several other nice road in between (7, 14, 27). Let me know if anyone is interested in this ride idea. The ride route map is posted below.

http://mapq.st/2mqZvzF         

Looks like a nice little loop Jim. If you haven't ridden 125 on the MO. side you may look at that. A very good road plus you take a ferry ride. Also at Witt Springs you could take 377 to Snowball & then pickup 74. Also good roads. Oh yeah, 235 also. You better add in another day  :motonoises:.

Options are endless so I want complicate things with more road suggestions. These are easily doable from house, even 125 in MO. That's the area I normally ride.

I believe your early Oct. dates are the same time as Barber Vintage Days, if so I'll be there. As for the rest of the year I intend to be on the road at least 5 days a month every month thru Oct. So set some dates, I do wanna ride with ya'll  :).

What a great idea. I'm watching this with great interest and an intent for shameless emulation...

(all you SE folks, tune in and lets see if we can steal, er... borrow some ideas for later in the summer....)    ;)

Harrison is a pretty good choice. There's a pretty decent camping venue just south of town.

http://harrisonvillagervpark.com/

A couple of more are also listed, but a little further away from town.

Craig

Ok just spoke to the manager at Family Budget Inn in Harrison and he gave me a rate of $46.95 per night for the May dates
I mentioned if we blocked off atleast 10 rooms. Ya'll let me know your thoughts on this.   

It shouldn't be a problem for me to attend. More than likely I would just ride up for the day & ride with ya'll. To close to home & I'm not much of a hotel guy. Being only 3 weeks after my event, it could keep some from returning though.

There are several I know in n/c that may come down for it. I've never known them to stay in a hotel though, they always camp.

More than anything there needs to be more than 3 of us discussing this!

I agree Cliff! I will put a link in the next newsletter for this thread to stimulate participation.

There are some in SC who camp,  but most have so far stayed at venues where there are rooms.

SC needs additional events even if they are just day rides. i expect to see more RTE and Meet and Greets across in the South Central, even in the hot months.

Craig

I am getting the thought that May is too close to Cliffs ride and right before the national in June.
So this may end up being a second fall ride.

Big Bend is the 20th through the 22nd and you need to work with Butch since he has been scheduling the fall AR Ride. That is typically the last weekend in Sept.

A month after Cliff's ride is a good time and there's folks who will go.

That is two AR rides in the spring and one on the fall. If you want to schedule a second AR ride in the fall, then after Big Bend would be OK like 2016.

Maybe Butch would want you to schedule Harrison this year for the fall AR ride?

Yupp, it's Oct 18-20 this year.

The October dates you see were for last years ride.
Was a bit too cool, so we opted to do it a month earlier this year.
See ya there.

Ride safe, Ted

I will be Texas by December need a date to meet every one.

Motorcycle show is Jan 3 - 5 I know the show isn't what it used to be but what a good excuse to get together.

Someone told me there is good BBQ in Texas where and when ?

By February I will need some new tires anybody have a tire change willing to show me and a few spectators how it is done ?

Best time of the year.... ;D  :great:  (actually any season but summer qualifies [as best time of the year] in my book). 

connie_rider said:
Mebbe we can all meet at Coopers BBQ in Llano.

Ride safe, Ted

That's a good place. We RTE'd there while at the Kerrville National. But it wasn't cold, it was 99 or so (in June)...

I'll have to do some checking as it's hunting season and I will be hunting on several weekends.
But, Sat, Dec 7 seems a possibility?

Ride safe, Ted