• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2017 total solar eclipse

kv5e said:
D750
ISO-100
F/11
1/20th sec
+2.7 step bias
10000K color temp
200mm

Cropped for the MONEY SHOT!
Thanks. It's pretty close to what I did, except my composite wasn't at the color temp you used. I went back into Lightroom and made a couple of changes

D200 (yeah, I know, but I'm cheap)
ISO 200
1/60 sec
F5.6
200mm
Now at 10K color temp.

--

Attachments

• EMP_1976.jpg
    EMP_1976.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 99
One year ago, we were on our way to Nebraska for the eclipse..........I will have an edited video completed soon and will post here.

I know this is a Zombie thread........but it was such a fantastic event!

The brother of a friend just published his composite of the eclipse a couple of days ago. You can read his story of how he captured it here.

Attachments

• 39846740_1976838359040860_4595812515086073856_o.jpg
    39846740_1976838359040860_4595812515086073856_o.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 95
That's an amazing story, more so because I recognized the picture from today's (or yesterday's) Sky & Telescope daily spam.  I read your link, the spam link not so much.
Been thinking about other stuff lately I guess.  :motonoises:

What Serendipity!!!!  I am making plans for 2024 and I am really hooked on solar eclipses now.  :Woot_Emoticon:

There's an annular that comes through Texas in 2023 which will be a tune up for 2024.

2024 eclipse center line goes through where we have the Wildflower Ride every year here in the South Central.

Saros solar series 139, event 30

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_eclipse_of_April_8,_2024

SE2024Apr08T.png

Craig

Somehow, I suspect I know what weekend we'll be doing the Wildflower in 2024.
I'll plan to be there, I'll only be 72..
Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Somehow, I suspect I know what weekend we'll be doing the Wildflower in 2024.
I'll plan to be there, I'll only be 72..
Ride safe, Ted

Wherever you go, the prices will be HIGH to stay overnight. You also have to plan to move to where there are cloudless skies.

I drove 1642 miles round trip for the last one, this one will like be less but you may not know your target area until a few hours before the eclipse.

There's favored areas for climatology in April for an eclipse. My mouth is shut for now.

I lived in the path of the last one, and mothernature had other plans with clouds.

I like the idea of the wildflower ride! 

Eddie-FL said:
Hmmm, looks like Cliff's place in Arkansas might be a likely spot, too!  :beerchug:

What if it clouds out?

Need to have some alternates too.

No matter where you go, it may cloud out.
"and" Cliff's place absolutely has alternative's if it cloud's out..

Mile's and mile's of Arkansas roads!!    :motonoises:

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
No matter where you go, it may cloud out.
"and" Cliff's place absolutely has alternative's if it cloud's out..

Mile's and mile's of Arkansas roads!!    :motonoises:

Ride safe, Ted

If you want to see the eclipse, you must plan a day or two before to move where the weather is favorable.

This just depends on your priorities. :beerchug:

Down near the Texas/Mexico border is favored by climatology, If Arkansas gets a cold front through the day before it might be favored.My priority is the eclipse.....and I'll have too much photography gear to be on two wheels.

A total solar eclipse is an exceedingly rare event and there's only a handful of times in a lifetime to observe them in the US.After seeing totality in Stapleton, Nebraska....I AM HOOKED. I'll be where it's not clouded out.

I can go to AR anytime I want, not so with Saros Solar Series 139, Event 30!

SE2024Apr08T.gif

When is the one in 2023 and where? Bonnie and I were in Oregon with our daughter and dog for our anniversary and the eclipse. Jerry"The Wizard"Gaither

The Wizard said:
When is the one in 2023 and where? Bonnie and I were in Oregon with our daughter and dog for our anniversary and the eclipse. Jerry"The Wizard"Gaither

SE2023Oct14A.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_eclipse_of_October_14,_2023

No totality on this eclipse as the moon is at aphelion and will not completely cover the sun, but it's a chance to shake out equipment for the big show six months later.

Craig

kv5e said:
What Serendipity!!!!  I am making plans for 2024 and I am really hooked on solar eclipses now.  :Woot_Emoticon:

There's an annular that comes through Texas in 2023 which will be a tune up for 2024.

2024 eclipse center line goes through where we have the Wildflower Ride every year here in the South Central.

Saros solar series 139, event 30

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_eclipse_of_April_8,_2024

SE2024Apr08T.png

Craig

Looks like that one goes right over our pasture. May have to sell tent spots. COG members stay free

Lol, Freebird...sounds like you got your beer money set for 2023!

Setup a porta-potty, go buy a bunch of soda/waters from Sams club, order some eclipse glasses, you could really cash in!