• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2017 - Wild Wasatch Rally (UT) - September 15th - 17th

tdefreese

Training Wheels
Come join us September 15th - 17th at the Wild Wasatch Rally in Provo Utah.

Come ride the amazing twisty roads of the wild Wasatch Mountains and visit Park City, home of the 2002 Winter Olympics or do the Alpine Loop through Robert Redford's back yard.  Stop in at the Shooting Star Saloon (the oldest saloon in Utah) and have yourself a Star burger which comes with two patties of beef topped off with a knackwurst polish sausage.  We have plenty of twisty roads to fill all tastes from tight twisties to big sweepers, from a couple hours to all day long. All in the beautiful mountains of the Wasatch Mountain Range.  Fall colors are a distinct possibility so bring your cameras.

Saturday Dinner

There will be a catered dinner on Saturday night at 6PM.  It will be free to members and only $10 for guests.

Register here:
https://cog.memberize.net/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=241763&mo=9&tDate=%7Bd%20%272017%2D09%2D08%27%7D

Awesome.  I loved riding in Utah this past fall. Roads and scenery were excellent. 

Wouldn't miss this! A prefect late summer riding adventure.

Thanks for putting it together.  Go Southwest.

Thanks for registering Keith.  I look forward to seeing you.
There isn't as much red in the soil but the roads wind just as much and the color should be wonderful to see.

I'm glad that you are coming.

I like the tag line too.

Go Southwest!

Attachments

• 20141010_123047.jpg
    20141010_123047.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 106
This ones a doer folks! Terry and friends have spent much sweat equity putting this together and it shows.  :great: :beerchug: The SW area will be covering event fee's and banquet cost again for members. Putting YOUR membership dues to work for YOU for a no cost rally! This one is in range for our NW friends and the member deal holds so don't be shy crossing the ID/WY border. If there was a State list of MC roads UT would be in the top 5. Nay top 3. OMC endorsed. Come visit the BeHave state. CU there, Let's Dance. Did I mention Vote 4 me 4 OTP? :)

In...  I'm thinking 2 days up.

Wednesday: Vegas - Cedar City - Escalante.

Thursday:
- Capitol Reef
- Hanksville
- Woodside
- Huntington
- Fairview
- Provo

Paging Stubby...  possible long ride on Friday?  Maybe:

- Heber City - Kamas
- Evanston WY via 150
- Woodruff
- Huntsville (Shooting Star Saloon) via 39
- back via ?

Oh yeah!

TDCon said:
There isn't as much red in the soil but the roads wind just as much and the color should be wonderful to see.
On the way home from CO last fall I came in to Utah on 40 past Dinosaur into Vernal, headed North on 191 towards Flaming Gorge before I reached the Wasatch area and got close to Provo. Then after clipping the edge of WY I got back in to Utah at Bear Lake and 89 into Logan (not much red up Logan way either).

So the Wild Wasatch will have me in new Utah territory!

CaffeineMan said:
In...  I'm thinking 2 days up.

Wednesday: Vegas - Cedar City - Escalante.

Thursday:
- Capitol Reef
- Hanksville
- Woodside
- Huntington
- Fairview
- Provo

Paging Stubby...  possible long ride on Friday?  Maybe:

- Heber City - Kamas
- Evanston WY via 150
- Woodruff
- Huntsville (Shooting Star Saloon) via 39
- back via ?

lol I'm sure we can figger something out that will meet your needs. :motonoises: :beerchug:

Oh yeah!

I'm out on this, alas.  MRI came back...  Rotator cuff surgery.  Foo.  Have fun y'all.

Hotel Reservations close end of August for the group rate. Get it now. Be there or be square.  :motonoises:

This ride looks amazing! Curvy back road with light traffic threading it's way through beautiful hills and scenery. I hope the colors have started changing during the rally. Ups the photo quotient.

Register for the ride and meal

Alpine Loop Scenic Byway/
Cascade Springs/
Timpanogos Cave National Monument

Approx. 2.5 hours, 67 miles

[ Route Map ]

Wakey Wakey, hands off snakey. This event is rapidly approaching. Give your rally team time to plan. Reg is free and dinner is paid for members. Get in while you can. Room reservations close end of August. Don't hurt yourself delaying. Kicking yourself in the A$$ for not registering is a dangerous proposition, especially at our age.  ;) Don't miss Utah Nirvana. OMC endorsed  :great: I haven't lied to you yet right?

I registered for Wild Wasatch the day Terry put it up. Coulda swore I did the motel res too.

But looking around, I could find any notes or confirm number. So rang them up and sure enough I hadn't. Whoops.  :-[

Done now! Glad I didn't trust my inventive memory.

Motel guy says there are some spots left - grab them up.

Tick Tock, Time to rok. I'll bring my projector out for a slide show of our OtP trip for those interested. The running commentary may be amusing.

I bought my Connie in September last year and just missed the rally.  I have made one of these loops on my own, but look forward to meeting and riding with the group!

Mark
Layton, UT

Hawgwild73 said:
I bought my Connie in September last year and just missed the rally.  I have made one of these loops on my own, but look forward to meeting and riding with the group!

Mark
Layton, UT
Hey Mark, glad you'll make it to this years rally. You'll enjoy hanging out with a great bunch of folks.

What year Concours are you sportin'?

Up to 30 reg  :great: Keep them coming. With as many Marks that will be there may sound like a gathering of hair lipped dogs "Mark, Mark, Mark".  :))

Hi, I am from Wisconsin. Sometimes when I get done going for a ride, I get kind of thirsty. Might get real thirsty in the arid conditions of Provo. Is beer available in Provo?

ZG/ZN Kim said:
Hi, I am from Wisconsin. Sometimes when I get done going for a ride, I get kind of thirsty. Might get real thirsty in the arid conditions of Provo. Is beer available in Provo?
Aye 'Tis. At the grocery beer and wine. Have to hit the state store for liquor. Time winding down for room resevations until we have to give the unclaimed rooms back. Tic Tok.

The overnight temps have begun to drop a bit. (Lower 60's)
It's still August so I know there are still plenty of hot days left, but cooler at night means the colors in the trees will begin to come out.

Here is an interactive Fall Foliage Map for 2017
https://smokymountains.com/fall-foliage-map/
According to this map, it looks like the weekend of the Wild Wasatch Rally in Provo Utah Sept 15th and 16th will be great for seeing color.
Check it out.

And for heavens sake don't forget to sign up and make your hotel reservations before the rooms at the rally rate ($79 two queen beds) are gone.

Couple of us leaving for Tonopah on the 13th, (meeting in Oakdale, going over 108 or 120)

14th is Tonopah to Cedar City to meet up with a larger group,

then 15th to Provo with the northbound gang.

Welcome to join us.

Thanks. I've ridden those roads in the past but unfortunately I can't leave before the 14th due to work issues. I guess it will just have to a boring run across Nevada Interstate  :mad: . At least I'll be going through Wendover and past Bonneville. :great:

So I was going to try to make this run on my worn PR4 rear but got skeered I would Burkey a tire  ;). Then got to looking at Kernvile and Prescott runs. New PR4GT 190/55 on it's way through amazon from Jake Wilson. Free shipping. 216 bucks. Bliss. By the time I start prepping for the 3 sisters national I'll be ready for a front and rear set. I now have 3 rears with 1k left on them hanging in the Garagio. Just can't seem to get the last K out of them  :'(

Hey everyone I was just notified that the rally web page was not allowing new registrations.  :-[  UGH!
This is my first rally to organize and apparently I had thought that it would be a good idea to have a cut-off of for registrations of August 31st.
That way I could get an accurate count for the food.
-- My bad.--  :??:

I have changed the rally page to allow registrations up to the 14th of September.  :eek:

https://cog.memberize.net/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=241763&mo=9&tDate=%7Bd%20%272017%2D09%2D08%27%7D

The catering is lined up now and there will be plenty of food even if we get several more people to register.

We will be having, Hawaiian Luau style Kalua Pork and Teriyaki Chicken Breast along with Macaroni Salad and Roasted Corn and Bean salad, some veggie platters with ranch dressing, soda and ice water.  It will be held inside with air conditioning.  YAY!

If you know anyone that wanted to sign up that couldn't because of my bonehead deadline please let them know that I have fixed it.

See ya soon in Utah!

It's going to be a hoot!

Hey, not to worry. Thank YOU for your efforts in putting this together! Headed up from New Mexico on Thursday. See ya at the rally!

I just signed up for the WWR. I live in Park City so I will meet up with you for the day rides and possibly dinner next Saturday.
I see many riders are coming from the South but some must be arriving from the East and North.
If anyone needs a place to stay the night before the rides begin, call me or email me.
Bill
bill@kitchenvillage.com
847 997-9996

Looking forward to C'ing you all. Terry and team have done an awesome job. Safe travels all in and out. Go SOUTHWEST!

As of September 12th at 2PM the hotel only has
- 1 double queen
- 1 king room
left at the $79 rate.
They may have other rooms available at a different rate.

Don't be too late to get your hotel registration.

FYI I will not be able to make it this weekend. The Dr doesn't think it is a good idea. Better safe than sorry. I released my room yesterday for someone else.

Everybody be safe and have fun!

Cdawg

Dang it CD! Better safe than sorry Brother. I shall remove your Bun Cooler SWAG from my luggage but rest assured I still have it.....................until my dog might accidentally eat it  ;) Maybe Prescott in November?

CDawg1506 said:
FYI I will not be able to make it this weekend. The Dr doesn't think it is a good idea. Better safe than sorry. I released my room yesterday for someone else.

Everybody be safe and have fun!

Cdawg

Time for a new doctor!

From the SWCOG Range Officer. Send It! Pull! Rounds Down Range! C some of you Manyanna, All of you on Friday! Incoming! Safe travels all.  :beerchug: :) ;)

Southwestern on the way to the Wild Wasatch - beautiful scenery, great roads, Hwy 12 arches near Bryce NP

Attachments

• IMG_20170915_114114~01.jpg
    IMG_20170915_114114~01.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 117
Some WW attendees gathered to plan the next days rides - yea, that's it, planning. And certainly telling no lies.

Attachments

• IMG_20170915_214843~01.jpg
    IMG_20170915_214843~01.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 110
Old Mans home in the pool with a pink drink after a 4 hunnert mile slog down the 15 fwy to Hendo NV. Bless Utah and a 80 mph speed limit (stretched just slightly  ;)). Passed on all the Hey's to the counterweight (she balances me). She sez Hey back and missed ya. Had a flat blast riding with and C'ing everyone. Big props go out to Terry (SWUTAAD), family and team for the effort put into this. A great job and I am confident that the members had a great time. The lodging was great, routes unsurpassed, Dinner fantastic! Terry continues to do great things in Utah. Please support him with your participation. Most surprisingly was participation from some Wisconsin folks as well as a Missourian and some folks out from New Mexico (and a rider from Italy! We are going International!). Very glad you were able to make it and truly hoped you had a good time. We had So Cal, Cent Cal, NV, AZ, NM and of course UT representing. Great Job Terry  :beerchug: Pic's to follow as I decompress. Next stop Kernville CA.
P.S. The rear tire made it with 500 to go. No Burkey  :beerchug: :)
Mark Hartman
COG/SWAD
OtP 2017

Back home in Tucson after a 600 mile trek today, temps ranging in the 30s this morning to the high 90s this afternoon. Thanks to Terry for a great rally and his boys for an absolutely fantastic ride yesterday. Amazing scenery. Safe travels to all and hope to see everyone again.

Made it home today, 687 miles, 9 hours 22 minutes. I even stopped to eat.
What a great bunch of people, can't wait for the next one. Although for me that might be a few years.

Old Man, I'll bet you stretched it a "Little" the same as me. Salt Lake to Reno just under triple digit. I swear that when I crossed back into CA all the drivers got a labotamy at the state line. Cool slide show.

Just got back also with friends Attila and Jack! Sunday great ride from Provo to the Bonneville Salt Flats watching some cool cars and motorcycles getting ready to race on the salt! From there down to Primm  ( Stateline town near Las Vegas!) and back home today. Put around 2100 miles on in 5 days of riding! Will share some pictures soon too. Utah was awesome and I echo what Dan, Mike and Mark said earlier, Terry and his family put on a great rally! The 5 canyons ride was super and was great to see so many happy riders! See you all at the Kernville Rally next month!  :motonoises: :motonoises:  :great:

Got back to New Mexico in good shape. What a wonderful area to ride in!  Terry and friends, thanks again for putting this rally together. Your hard work is appreciated!

Just got back to Wisconsin, 5500+ miles, had great weather the entire 20 days or so.
It has been said many times already, but thanks Terri, Jason and Braden for putting on a great rally and taking my wife and I on a great ride. Accommodations were great, food was also very good. Met a lot of great fellow COGer's
Want to wish Stubby good luck with the upcoming medical issues. Plus OMOC you were milder than what I expected, especially during your OTP slide show!

Thanks everyone.  I made it home safely as well.  :D :)

My family and I had a great time as well and we appreciate your participation and friendship.

The hotel manager sent me an email that said in part:

"It was great to have you and your rally here. I haven't ever seen such a happy, fun group of people.  It was truly a pleasure. ... we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one."

Thank you for being AWESOME!

ZG/ZN Kim said:
Plus OMOC you were milder than what I expected, especially during your OTP slide show!
  ;) The package store closed early and I missed the cut off time  :)

Here is a picture of the gang from Mike Burkey.  Thanks Mike!

Attachments

• 2017WWRGroup.jpg
    2017WWRGroup.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 131
Look for this in an upcoming edition of the Concourier of which Mr. Terry wrote a great article. When we left Cedar City enroute, as I strolled out of the hotel in the Morn, I used the progressive insurance line "Anybody got a pack that needs leadin'?". Everyone just Kinda looked at me. So much for trying to be witty.  :)) :)) :))

ZG/ZN Kim said:
Just got back to Wisconsin, 5500+ miles, had great weather the entire 20 days or so.
It has been said many times already, but thanks Terri, Jason and Braden for putting on a great rally and taking my wife and I on a great ride. Accommodations were great, food was also very good. Met a lot of great fellow COGer's
Want to wish Stubby good luck with the upcoming medical issues. Plus OMOC you were milder than what I expected, especially during your OTP slide show!

Was very nice to meet you guys too! My buttocks is reattatched and waiting on the shoulder thanks.  :great: