• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2018 Longest Day Ride

charlie gary

"Special" Assistant to the NWAD
It's back!  Once again, I will be leading the Longest Day Ride on June 23rd.  We'll start from the Denny's on WA hwy 530 in Arlington (exit 208 from I-5) at 9am, so if you want to eat show up already gassed up at 8am. It will be a long day, so in the interest of eating lunch before 3:30pm the stops will be minimal and of short duration.  Lunch will be at Buddy's in Manson, which is on the north shore of Lake Chelan.

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetailPublic2.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=251555&mo=6&tDate=%7Bd%20%272018-06-04%27%7D

Event coming up soon... weather this week is looking hot but come the weekend could cool down. Hoping to finally make it this year after graduations are now done.

Last i checked 8 going?! Anyone else planning to make it?

I'm going to try and meet the group at the rest area on top of WA pass. I missed judged the amount of time it would take the group and was way early. This year I'm going to continue west if the group isn't at the rest area when I think they should. Can't miss because I'm going up 153 to 20. Looking for a samwhich at Bennie's too.

Gary are you planning on. Returning to Arlington back  over the North Cascades HWY ? Also is the Arlington motor is a place that you would take your wife as it seems to be the closest to Dennys . :)

Farkwar said:
Gary are you planning on. Returning to Arlington back  over the North Cascades HWY ? Also is the Arlington motor is a place that you would take your wife as it seems to be the closest to Dennys . :)

We'll be coming back west on US 2 from Wenatchee.  That doesn't mean you can't ride with us part of the way and then go back the way you came.  Hwy 20 is a great ride in both directions.

I can neither confirm nor deny the quality of the motel you've asked about. It's far enough away from me I have never seen it or heard anything about it.

Charlie

Ok confirmed my friend Ethan and his FJR will be joining us. Ethan loves to ride just returned from a trip to Florida and up the Eastern sea bored and still eager to ride...

My Achilles hasn't healed enough to ride yet, bummed to be missing out this year!.  But, I'll plan to meet you all for breakfast at Denny's.  Happy Trails!

I hope you heal soon Ninja. I changed my mind about meeting the group at the rest area...I think I will meet the group at the Chevron in Twisp. Shade, drinks and other comforts while I wait. Plus Connie's with a FJR would be easy to spot. Tim

TimR said:
I hope you heal soon Ninja. I changed my mind about meeting the group at the rest area...I think I will meet the group at the Chevron in Twisp. Shade, drinks and other comforts while I wait. Plus Connie's with a FJR would be easy to spot. Tim
There will be two FJRs now Charlie is saying that this maybe the biggest attendance ever for this ride.

Steve, see ya for brekie, ride with you next time!

NinjaBreadMan said:
My Achilles hasn't healed enough to ride yet, bummed to be missing out this year!.  But, I'll plan to meet you all for breakfast at Denny's.  Happy Trails!

OK Tim, see ya in Twisp.

TimR said:

Dan Charlie talked me in to going another 8 miles or so to Pardoner's in Winthrop which I believe is a scheduled fuel stop. So see you guys there. Tim

A great ride! Thanks to Charlie for leading the ride.
Beautiful thru the Cascade Mountains over Hwy 20 and back over Hwy 2 for some/Hwy 97 for others.
559 miles. the longest ride for me since last year doing the NW  regional.
Great to see old ride friends and make some new ones. Thanks to all for riding!!!

Many thanks for leading the ride Charlie;
I'm glad I looked at the Cal and was able to join ya'll.

Sorry to have been the one with a sick bike and no tools (oh the shame)
Picked up a new battery that "fit" of sorts from Napa in Twisp for $90.
Thanks to my buddy Joe and his wife who lent me their truck to go get it.

Came back over 20 a little faster than the route over due to light traffic and only my to think about  :))

Nice to meet old friends and new.

Thanks for the photo's Dan!

Colin

Farkwar said:
Charlie thank you for a successful reckless ride with no ticket either. Dale and Susan
:D  This is my second ride with Charlie.  I just let him get way ahead and watch for his brake lights.  :D :D :D

Here's a picture of what it looks like from the Overlook.  And yes, the lake is that shade of green.
Zywdul4anrwEzDg9wnV8JE0ra6kKQTW0HAFGJlBPiK1OH0IP741EB_4ubkX1tqwbLm-aQ0MjtuoNt-KxerE19JuPofcWgJNmljxCQelG9Nsv2ZWGg1QW6C_Ap4dm_6QODhwvWSslXq06TtgpLhp4Sm89RvIkL2vcaxfUZAm2R_-pIFt7QWmM_qukVzRmZy1741kjOHUa6JZpz9OJtlUFJRoGgC2OhoofISP6mDe21JjR4EYsjVqy37irimewfQyaGrsxi1mBfzswdhlYTNHtlAr31b1o6UVUt0sSsJdCJdP0U8Ir7k1YXqYacPcyR0cBK4PI37fof-W1X5zKOFU6FT_LcD2Sj39pnE4UGMP1ECp_wT_EHuTR2HdC2a4GxYPzUxERkqBshRH0S7UpqrgJKZII4_MoT2ztN1E8hkXAo30dLJymrwEAhM1bfJ2K-mFadzrtz37UAOA99tn-XMCUT0sKGZhim5VX0Xpf8Z_7u_NRnu_imwEtGASVA1TxXyxz9reZEO1ovEWKSG5rAlDhC7ECPhZWj6orxa9NQ5hzLYRIYmH9LuWfsZXfu8KwHvDTBydbJ7fJWwkkI2DG0jww7X1Ibpz-KasA9SeLL6MXdthyW-OQewImSwaji16_nyEXKn9rwWD7Hz44o5lIPra9tqS04N6Exf_9-Q=w1007-h566-no

As we were stopped in the parking lot working on Colin's bike, I came across a new meaning for the term "BMW".  It means "Bring More Wrenches".  And the shame of it was the HD riders were riding by snickering...  :D

It was a great ride, with great friends.

Chris

With each  ride I go on with this group it gets harder and harder  to wait for the next one. Thanks to Charlie  for organizing  this and everyone  who  attended  I had a great time and so did my friends  Ethan and Christina on the FJR .

Like Grant wrote, it gets harder and harder to wait for the next ride.

I thought I had some pictures, but my helmet camera was acting up.  Sorry.  :(  But I have etched in my mind this image of @8 Connies stretched out evenly as they went through bend after bend in concert.  Like some wonderful dance. I remember thinking to myself that this is what "sport-touring" is all about.  It was beautiful to see, and wonderful to be a part of.

Chris

Great ride and meeting LOTS of NEW folks! Finally great to put together some names with faces from here. As always, led by Charlie and always a fun adventurous long ride.

I put together a quick video of our ride, nothing fancy just in the short time so that everyone can see how beautiful the ride ended up. I should've taken a few off the bike and more after lunch but I think the heat drained me.  :beerchug:

https://youtu.be/9WYbuNqrO88

Cheers everyone and hope to see folks soon on the next ride!

Robert

That video is interesting. About 10 minutes in when you fell in behind me at the overlook. My LED tail light looked pretty spastic between the cycling of the LEDs and the camera 'shutter'. The video makes it appear like I was having an electrical problem.  :D

Ride safe!