• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2018 SPIDER RIDE REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN AND ON THE CALENDAR

G-Mazz

Registration for the September 2018, 23nd ANNUAL SPIDER RIDE is open on the NORTH CENTRAL CALENDAR.

The event will again be held at Huzzah Valley Resort, Steelville, MO.    (www.huzzahvalley.com) or call (1-800-367-4516).
Tent camping is $12 per night or you can reserve in advance in one of their cabins for an additional charge.  Tent campers pay when you arrive.  Restrooms and coin operated hot showers are close by.

Registration is $40 for members, $50 for non-members and will include breakfast Friday, Saturday and Sunday and dinner on Friday and Saturday.  Friday dinner will be burgers and brats and Saturday will be a whole hog roast with sides and a dessert.

Here is the link: 
http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=250954&mo=9&tDate=%7Bd%20%272018-09-25%27%7D

Official dates will be September 14-16th, but everyone knows many will arrive Thursday the 13th.  Thursday dinner is on you.  We usually have dinner in Steelville at the Spare Rib Inn or Missouri Hick BBQ.

Great roads, great people, great food.  It doesn't get any better.  I'm expecting another big group this year.  Get yourself registered and tell your friends!

After a two year hiatus the Kerkows will be returning to the one of the best COG rallies. Now I just need to decide what bike to bring.

A blast from the past. Who knows what year this was.

Attachments

• IMG_5446.JPG
    IMG_5446.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 167
I suspect that picture is from 2010 because several people are wearing t-shirts from the Tomah National. 

Here's a pic from 2005, pre-Huzzah.  A bunch of those people are still attending the Spider Ride.

Attachments

• SpiderRide05__2_d.jpg
    SpiderRide05__2_d.jpg
    330.7 KB · Views: 145
I joined COG a few months ago because of all the great information and knowledge I found  in this group that has helped me tremendously in reviving my 2000 c10 that I purchased last year.  I have been looking for an event to attend that fits my schedule, and came across this one last week in my search. I plan on making this my first COG event and I'm really looking forward to it!  :) :D

Harry Martin said:
Can someone explain why it's called the Spider Ride?

I would like to say it was because it makes for a really cool T-Shirt, but I was told because all the roads head out from Rally Central like a Spider Web.

Jeff Kerkow said:
Harry Martin said:
Can someone explain why it's called the Spider Ride?

I would like to say it was because it makes for a really cool T-Shirt, but I was told because all the roads head out from Rally Central like a Spider Web.

That's almost true from most towns or cities.
Yes, I have brewed up a funny t-shirt idea for that, but I may use it in a cartoon.  ;D

The SPIDER weaves the WEB that draws COG members in from all directions. Also there are many spider webs in the area that time of year.

Is the week we are there considered the "off season"?? I can't find this information on their website.  Should be, we are pretty much the only people there.  Would make about an $80.00 or more price difference renting one of the A frames.

Later,  well I think I finally found it, October to April is the off season.  Hey Gary, anything we can negotiate with the place on?

I signed myself and a co-worker who bought my old KLR up today!  He will likely bring his Z-750, but he is debating on which to bring.

I'm signed up. I missed last year due to a wedding of a family friend's son. Looking forward to the Spider Ride. It's a great area and a fantastic time.

Gary, glad to be coming this year. I think this is the best event in the NC region. You guys do a great job with everything and the area and riding is outstanding.

My wife's family usually schedules a reunion on the same weekend. I've missed a few to go on the Spider Ride. This year they moved it back a week and it's at my lake property. I'm now get to do both and keep peace in the Universe.

I even have some extra traveling time this year. I retired at the end of May and I'm loving every minute of it. If you need some help before, after, or during, let me know. I'll be glad to help. My schedule is flexible.

See you soon.

Looks like I'm the first SECOG ne'er-do-well to sign up. Will be heading over from RWTW.

Still up in the air on heading out to Hill City or down for the Arkansas rally after.

On TDY near Bayfield CO.

I just registered for the Spider ride this year too.

Last year was my first time and a good time so it seems like a no brainer to do it again.    :)

Hey Gary thanks for all your hard work putting this on.
Please don't forget that some people DON'T drink COFFEE.  :-\  I know - I know - I'm one of the very few that don't.

See you in mid September.  :great:

Steve will you be leading the group from Florida and Georgia up here via the Burnette ranch?  I'm looking forward to seeing you guys again this year. 

We'll have the campfire and beverages ready for ya'll Thursday evening.

G-Mazz said:
Steve will you be leading the group from Florida and Georgia up here via the Burnette ranch?  I'm looking forward to seeing you guys again this year. 

We'll have the campfire and beverages ready for ya'll Thursday evening.
Probably not. I think I'm gonna hang in No GA and/or western Carolina and/or eastern KY and start heading over on Wednesday for Thurs arrival.

Looking forward to being there. This along with the RWTW rally are my go to rallies.

Thought I had already signed up but hadn't, done now. Looking forward to it.

G-Mazz said:
Steve will you be leading the group from Florida and Georgia up here via the Burnette ranch? 

You're welcome to stay over if it ends up in your travel plans Steve. Roman will be coming to stay after the Wolf, so I'll have him in tow!

Cliff  :beerchug:

Just Cliff said:
Thought I had already signed up but hadn't, done now. Looking forward to it.

G-Mazz said:
Steve will you be leading the group from Florida and Georgia up here via the Burnette ranch? 

You're welcome to stay over if it ends up in your travel plans Steve. Roman will be coming to stay after the Wolf, so I'll have him in tow!

Cliff  :beerchug:
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. Also, can you tell me the name of the huge dealer with the decent tire prices and service? I will need a rear tire after the Spider if I don't pull the current one early. Thanks again and see you and Jimmie at the Wolf.

Hey Steve look forward to seeing you again, we will both be on our "downsized" maybe you could call them old man bikes??  I will be on my Honda CTX 700, I was thinking of a Versey's 650 but the CTX happened along first at a nice price and low miles and I am loving it!  I am not however going to "tent" it this time, will share a cabin with another COG member from my area. I'm not really interested in figuring out to carry all the luggage, tent, sleeping bag as I did with the C10.  Been there, done it. 

VisionDonNebr said:
Hey Steve look forward to seeing you again, we will both be on our "downsized" maybe you could call them old man bikes??  I will be on my Honda CTX 700, I was thinking of a Versey's 650 but the CTX happened along first at a nice price and low miles and I am loving it!  I am not however going to "tent" it this time, will share a cabin with another COG member from my area. I'm not really interested in figuring out to carry all the luggage, tent, sleeping bag as I did with the C10.  Been there, done it.

Looking forward to seeing y'all and taking a gander at your new "old man's bike".

Tony that forecast is sooo....nice I'm not even going to pack my rain gear, the luggage ability I have with the CTX is a bit more limited then my wonderful C10 was.  Should be nice, for any of you reading this, 2 years ago it rained and rained: the resort even had a worker stay up all night to warn us if the river was going to reach flood stage.     

Living on the edge....  next thing you are going to say is that you washed the motorcycle.

VisionDonNebr said:
Tony that forecast is sooo....nice I'm not even going to pack my rain gear,

Well yeah, I did give it a good washing...but except for the muffler, the CTX is all Plastic!  For awhile I was not sure how in the world I was going to get my tank bag to work, a bungee cord hook ...IF you could find a place the hook would fit on the plastic would most likely break it, the frame consists of about 2 inch pipes that your typical bungee hook does not fit on..well with some help from a fellow COGer in Nebraska I figured a system out.  Basically a rope that goes around the frame pipe and then you put the bungee cord hook on a loup and presto you have a hard point...so to say...then the wonderful Tour Master tank bag has places to hook to. 

Look forward to seeing you again Mike. 

Jeff Kerkow said:
The weather is so nice my wife is going to stay in a tent. :)
But where are you gonna sleep? >:D :beerchug: :beerchug:

Should be arriving mid afternoon.  :motonoises:

SteveJ. said:
Jeff Kerkow said:
The weather is so nice my wife is going to stay in a tent. :)
But where are you gonna sleep? >:D :beerchug: :beerchug:

Should be arriving mid afternoon.  :motonoises:
Steve, I'm a guessin that depends on how well behaved Jeff is.

There was discussion regarding one or two tents. :)

If you want to see where we are so you can have a cold beverage ready for me this is our SPOT tracker

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=1b25d5b997f8ac5536&hoursPast=0&showAll=yes

Once again, high school football has me homebound this weekend. Boo. The Spider is a favorite for Lisa & me.

Will miss you all (well, all except SteveJ...) 😄, but hopefully we'll see some of you at Sunrise Cantina on the 29th.

bikerhawk said:
Once again, high school football has me homebound this weekend. Boo. The Spider is a favorite for Lisa & me.

Will miss you all (well, all except SteveJ...) 😄, but hopefully we'll see some of you at Sunrise Cantina on the 29th.
Where's the love?

Having  coffee, fixing to break camp near Mountain Home AR

SteveJ. said:
bikerhawk said:

Where's the love?

Just kidding, my friend. Wish we could have gone for a ride this weekend, or at least drank some barley pops & BS'd like every other rally we've done.

Someday I'll retire from high school & get my weekends back...

if i can sneak out of work early enough ill grab the camping pack and head that way.  doesnt look like going east this weekend is a practical choice.

bikerhawk said:
SteveJ. said:
bikerhawk said:

Where's the love?

Just kidding, my friend. Wish we could have gone for a ride this weekend, or at least drank some barley pops & BS'd like every other rally we've done.

Someday I'll retire from high school & get my weekends back...
Take my friend. Ttfn

Here is my link to the photos I took.  I realized that I didn't take many pictures of people.....  but I might have gotten a photo of your tent and/or bike.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EYJdD5g5Xs6hW7Sr9

Mike