• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2018 Wildflower Ride

kv5e

South Central Area Director - COG 5063
Staff member
COG 2018 Wildflower SC Regional Rally

April 6, 2018 - April 8 , 2018

Meet at the River Inn Resort in Hunt, Tx. April 6-April 8 for a few days of riding central Texas twisty roads, comparing farkles, ogling wild flowers and putting off doing your taxes a little longer.

There will be an included dinner (probably BBQ) and a prize drawing on Saturday night. There is a planned outdoor Taco dinner on Friday evening weather permitting.

20 River Inn rooms are blocked at a rate of $95 for studio, or $95 for one bedroom (discounted from $105), and $125 for two bedroom (discounted from $135).  Ask for COG rates when booking.  You must call to get these rates as they are not available online. The rooms are not cheap but the venue is very nice.  Consider sharing rooms with those who have the frugal bug. These are privately owned rooms so they are not identical although all include a sofa bed and basic kitchen utensils. Our rooms are located "below the dam" so if you prefer a room off by yourself or if you tend to retire very early then you may wish to request a room "above the dam" when you call. Generally there is only very subdued (if any) conversation in the courtyard after 10PM.

Reserve early as not all rooms are on the first floor. Rooms will be held for us through March 5th 2018, after that date the rooms will be released to the general public.  Room rates are also available on April 5th for those wishing to arrive on Thursday. Please note River Inn's cancellation policy quoted below:

"CANCELLATION POLICY: All cancelled reservations will be charged a $25.00 (per each assigned unit) processing fee. If      cancelled LESS THAN 7 days PRIOR to the reservation arrival date, your deposit of the first night's rental (per each          assigned unit) will be retained.                                                                                                                                                  NO SHOWS will be charged the full amount."

Registration LINK:

http://cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=247068&mo=4&tDate=%7Bd%20%272018%2D04%2D22%27%7D

Marty                                                         

We are signed up.  It will be fun as always. 
I am ready to go now.  Tired of the cold.  Maybe it will just be wet and not cold.  Have we ever had a year that it did not rain at some point in the Thur-Sun period of the rally?

Yes, I cam remember some sweaty ones........hope for no rain.

smithr1 said:
We are signed up.  It will be fun as always. 
I am ready to go now.  Tired of the cold.  Maybe it will just be wet and not cold.  Have we ever had a year that it did not rain at some point in the Thur-Sun period of the rally?

Awwww Come on Bob, trying to out run the normal Sunday morning storm has become a tradition.  :rotflmao:

Nottacop said:
I’m planning on going. I’m waiting to find out if a guest can come with.
As far as I'm concerned your friend can come.  ;D
Looking forward to seeing ya there.

Rev Ryder said:
Jim Snyder said:
Sorry not going to make this one.

Jim, wassup!?!?!  :mad: 
That's at least two in a row.

Sorry but I just can't burn that much vacation time. Have to save some to take the wifey somewhere that doesn't involve motorcycles.,

Room booked, registered and awaiting the date.  From the pervious posts I take it that it would be advisable to bring rain gear.

I'll say this about the storms.  Last year I parked the bike under some small trees on the edge of the parking lot.  I actually remember contemplating if this was a good idea, due to predicted storms that night.  Of course, we had a hell of a storm, high wind and small hail.  I am just praying the bikes are okay.  After storm, walk out into the parking lot and wouldn't you know it, a large tree branch is laying across my bike.  Dinged the gas tank, broke off a part of the passenger footpeg bracket and snapped the throttle shield.  So you can bet I will not be parking my bike under those trees again.

Steve

Thanks to Steve taking a branch for the team, the rest of us were spared any damages.  :eek:

Yeah, that sucked big time.  And while it IS April (remember the old rhyme April showers bring May flowers?) and there HAS been some rain a number of times since I began attending (at least 12+ years now) I don't recall many missed days of riding due to it.  Most often if we've seen rain, we've seen it on the Sunday morning leaving to ride home IIRC.  Of course a few years ago there was a flood immediately PRIOR to our going (I think Bob was already there to enjoy it). 

But there's ALWAYS a flood of Margaritas and fellowship after the ride or if we can't ride!  ;) 

I am going to take the risk here of progging the weather........I don't see a washout for the ride, in fact I see pretty decent weather coming up for that weekend.

Both global models show low precip chances and seasonal temps.

Craig

Due to a busy work schedule, Crazy GoldWing Mike and I are rolling down Friday afternoon. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

image4.png

SATXRIDER said:
So far the weather is looking good.  What say you Craig?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :beerchug: :06: :campfire: :72: :103:

Nottacop said:
Oh, will there be a dinner for sure Friday evening? If so what time around?

Beef Tacos, chips and Queso, and iced tea is the plan. Maybe ice cream if I'm in a good mood. I'm not gonna say "for sure" 'cause sometimes stuff happens.  ::)

It's food, some might not call it "dinner" without some supplementation. Think of it as lunch in the evening?  :great:

Time... 6PM ish? +/- 30 min.

Thanks for all the efforts Marty.  It might be nice to not have to go right back to town after we unload for a change.  It is all we can do to get us there and usually had to head back for food.

Let me know if I can help bring something down on Friday afternoon. I should be leaving the metroplex around 1 PM or so.

Also, we are trying to provide a modest breakfast on Saturday morning for paid attendees.

At this time we plan on breakfast being available around 0800.

There will be more information at the venue!

Menudo for CHUCK only!!!!!!!

Craig

kv5e said:
Also, we are trying to provide a modest breakfast on Saturday morning for paid attendees.

At this time we plan on breakfast being available around 0800.

There will be more information at the venue!

Menudo for CHUCK only!!!!!!!

Craig

OH BOY!!! MENUDO!
y3PWaHz.gif

FYI, just wanted to let y'all know we had a great time at the ride, and also wanted to share that we found Diane's phone in the house when we got home.  I'm not going to say who left it there, guilty party shall remain anonymous.

All three of the Red Wings made it home safely. Had a great time. Enjoyed visiting with everyone.

Thanks to Marty and Butch for the three awesome meals and being great hosts.

Thanks to Craig for getting us out of the cold for dinner last night.

Randy

Crazy Gold wing Mike and I had a fantastic time at the ride. Thank you all for being you. You guys are what makes it so much fun. I cannot wait until we are all down Alpine together God willing.

Fred_Harmon_TX said:
FYI, ....... wanted to share that we found Diane's phone in the house when we got home.  I'm not going to say who left it there, guilty party shall remain anonymous.
;D ..but Fred, the question remains, who broke into your house while you were gone and powered it off so that the location services wouldn't work?  >:D

-----------------------------------------------
Butch and I can't tell you how nice it is to host an event, and have so many helpers and volunteers that many offers of assistance had to be appreciatively turned down.
Thanks COGGERS!  :great:

my few photos link:

Jim Snyder said:
Well did y'all have good weather this year?

I think the best word to describe the weather would be "Windy".  Was in the low 80's on Friday and gusting over 20mph winds.  Then on Saturday after the cool front, it was windy again, but now the temps were in the 30's.  I saw 36 degrees while we were out riding the Sisters.  But thankfully, no rain, so just had to bundle up and let er rip.

Thanks again to Marty and Butch for putting on a first class event.

Steve

Thank you Marty and Butch.  Not sure what we've done to deserve you.  Better question may be what you've done bad to deserve us.  Ether way I'm glad your on top of things.  Butch I hope your recovery is quick my friend.

Sorry just realized that my computer is still logged on as Steve.  I'll fix it post haste

NOT SO WILD TURKEY

Thanks to the entire team that put this ride together!
Had a great time.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: SATXRIDER, sorry that you were the one that demonstrated the need...  :-[
            Got home and immediately "ordered" a radiator guard...

WHAT A GREAT TIME WITH FRIENDS!!!

We had a lovely time visiting and riding with y'all (again).  We made over six (6) gallons of Margaritas this time.  WOW!  I was also more careful not to let my room get quite as sticky as a time or two in the past (but, as my grandkids say, "we're not talking about that right now").  Anyway, lots of thanks are in order for the hosts and the unprecedented number of meals provided for the participants.  AMAZING work done by Marty and Butch!!!  You guys ROCK THE COG BIGGER AND BETTER EVERY TIME!  Now if we could just get folks to help by registering for the events it would help with planning I'm sure.  Attendance by COGgers and not-yet-COGgers was good! 

It DID get pretty dang chilly on Saturday's ride and the trip home on Sunday, but the travel was all uneventful except for wishing I'd taken more gear (or the electrics) for cold weather.  Wind chill was reminiscent of Minnesota in July probably.  :rotflmao:  Might have to put some heated grips on the turbo.

Worst luck of the event goes to Steve for losing a radiator to chip seal road gravel.  It really did drive home the need for a radiator guard on the C-14s.  I will certainly be fitting something to mine now.  It appears the stone jumped through the hoop between the forks, fender, and fairing.  A perfect shot, but what are the odds?

Tickled to hear the Harmons are NOT short a phone. 

Happy to report no canoes went belly up in the middle of the night during the impromptu submarine races (I stayed on terra firma).

The rooms were in excellent shape and form as usual and the campfires were absolutely the best ever.  I think that was Andy... or Andy... or Andre... and Marty stoking them so well. 

GOOD TIMES ROLLIN' !!!!!

Thanks guys.  It was a great weekend. 
Pic.... Leslie was trying to hide behind me so I was making her seen. :)  Nice job catching that Mr. Farty

I wish I could have ridden with the group  :( but there is always a next time. I did enjoy visiting with everyone and enjoying a couple of frosty beverages that Rev made up for us. I am glad everyone liked the food and thanks for the help that people provided. Next time I will try not to turn over my trike (bicycle) before I come.