• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2019 Beat the Heat (not a) Rally is a go

COGnosticator

June 28-30th 2019 at Blue Ridge MC Campground  http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/  This is a different location from last year, but BRMC does have a restaurant that serves breakfast and supper so no need to go anywhere to eat those meals.

https://cog.memberize.net/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=255261&mo=6&tDate=%7Bd%20%272019%2D06%2D03%27%7D

This is not an official COG rally but a mid summer COG get together so no supper, frills or swag offered, just a gathering of COG (and non COG) folks enjoying the mountain in hopefully cooler weather.

BRMC has cabins which need to be reserved in advance, if you are camping, no need to make reservations.  This is only a few miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway and other excellent roads in any direction.

Come on out and help me celebrate my 70th birthday  :-\  on June 28th  :beerchug:

Any questions ask here or get in touch with me or Kurt Brown.  We already have 8 signed up, so lets make it a gaggle  ;D

See some of you there.

Wouldn't miss your 70th Jerry!

This BTH rally keeps getting better...got to stay at IHMC last year for first time and BRMC this year for the first time.

I'll be registering this week for sure.

Just ran the route thru the program, looks like 10 hours, add in some pee breaks and cig puffs... 2 gas stops; doable If I left at "dawn", hauling the trailer... full of my "Portable Hotel"... sounds like a blast, and I think I'll need to do a L/D run for S&G prior to the national...

Might be a "Econo-roll in" camping...run :great: :great: :beerchug:

ain't been there since the bridge washed out.. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

COGnosticator said:
June 28-30th 2019 at Blue Ridge MC Campground  http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/  This is a different location from last year, but BRMC does have a restaurant that serves breakfast and supper so no need to go anywhere to eat those meals.

https://cog.memberize.net/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=255261&mo=6&tDate=%7Bd%20%272019%2D06%2D03%27%7D

This is not an official COG rally but a mid summer COG get together so no supper, frills or swag offered, just a gathering of COG (and non COG) folks enjoying the mountain in hopefully cooler weather.

BRMC has cabins which need to be reserved in advance, if you are camping, no need to make reservations.  This is only a few miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway and other excellent roads in any direction.

Come on out and help me celebrate my 70th birthday  :-\  on June 28th  :beerchug:

Any questions ask here or get in touch with me or Kurt Brown.  We already have 8 signed up, so lets make it a gaggle  ;D

See some of you there.
You're gonna have to quit that just for men stuff Jerry.  Didn't think you were anywhere close to 70. :-\ :-\

Bud, just goes to show you that good healthy living is overrated.  ;D

Bud said:
You're gonna have to quit that just for men stuff Jerry.  Didn't think you were anywhere close to 70. :-\ :-\

;D  Have you noticed their stock has been rising lately    Good genes I guess, thanks mom and dad  :great:

MAN OF BLUES said:
Just ran the route thru the program, looks like 10 hours, add in some pee breaks and cig puffs... 2 gas stops; doable If I left at "dawn", hauling the trailer... full of my "Portable Hotel"... sounds like a blast, and I think I'll need to do a L/D run for S&G prior to the national...

If you are trailering the bike, just leave at 5am  ;D  The guy who owned it retired and his son now runs the place.  Nice guy too.

I gonna try to make it, I made the 1st two & it's Jerry's birthday. It'll be pretty iffy (doubtful) for me.  :'( I return from OTP June 18th & leave again July 14th for a tour of the New England states plus the Nationals.

It's only a 700 mile day ride for me, but I gotta get some work time in there somewhere.

MotoCommuter said:
I think COGnosticator prefers brownies.....

:rotflmao:  Make those "special" brownies please  :great:

169014585.wp75ExLW.jpg

i called today and made a cabin reservation.  He said that one guy has reserved 5 other cabins and he didn't know if they were COGgers or maybe another group will be there.  Doesn't matter as it is a big place.

Hopefully my son will be riding up with me for this one.  :beerchug:

COGnosticator said:
MAN OF BLUES said:

If you are trailering the bike, just leave at 5am  ;D  The guy who owned it retired and his son now runs the place.  Nice guy too.

TRAILERING....?????? :-\ :-\ :-\

DUDE... you know me better than that..... I said "hauling the trailer"... i.e., pulling it behind my BIKE..... :nananana: :nananana:  if you ever see "my bike" on a trailer, it's because someone stole it... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

MAN OF BLUES said:
TRAILERING....?????? :-\ :-\ :-\

DUDE... you know me better than that..... I said "hauling the trailer"... i.e., pulling it behind my BIKE..... :nananana: :nananana:  if you ever see "my bike" on a trailer, it's because someone stole it... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:D  I use to use those words.  The older I get the more I trailer.  I will be riding to this rally with my son in tow on his 2000 R1100S

define "in tow".......

:nananana:  I "a**-ume" you mean he's following you, on the "seat" of a motorcycle, burning fossil fuel,    to "GET" there..... man, and I'm gonna sleep in the tent-maj-haul? (on a super air bed, and can pizz  out the door....), and stay up to the weeeeeeeee hours of the morn, ?????

:)) :)) :)) :)) :))

you may be getting old... but I know you will party like it's 1984...... :rotflmao: :nananana: :rotflmao:

or maybe 1999....

Put me down for a stop by. I'm right down the road in Mill Spring NC and this would be quite doable.
Not going to be able to make the Maggie Valley rally this weekend due to still putting the '00 back together. Having company over the Easter weekend and catching s cold has not helped.
Be awesome to meet some of the COG legends.

WooHoo .  Got my reservation made for Cabin 6. Be pulling in Friday morning. Only about 3,5 hours from there. Well now thinking about going in on Thursday if number 6 is available that night also.

Ironically, I have this weekend off...  It's ironic
because I never have time off coinciding with COG
activities,

Iffin' I can shmooze the following Monday off,
I'll join the crowd.  It's only 600 miles. 

Lemme see what I can do...  :beerchug:

Kay and I should be up there Wednesday afternoon. If you are arriving early, remember they do not start serving food until Friday.

I will be up there Friday.  My son supposed to be coming with me and can't get off work any sooner.  If he has to bail, I will be  up there on Thursday  :great:

OK, I’m in! See y’all there!

Shawn and Marty, what’s the story with you? Y’all gonna make it?

Days off are becoming scarce with the kitchen remodel in full tilt,
so I may cage it up, and forego the Connie.  I've yet to sign up, and
as time goes on, I'm seein' the for a COG weekend, more and more.  :)

:sign0023:  Never mind all that... I'm in....  ;D

Mcfly said:
Days off are becoming scarce with the kitchen remodel in full tilt,
so I may cage it up, and forego the Connie.  I've yet to sign up, and
as time goes on, I'm seein' the for a COG weekend, more and more.  :)

:sign0023:  Never mind all that... I'm in....  ;D
Cool!

OK! Kitchen pass secured, friendly reminder that date was approaching (thanks Eddie!), work calendar confirmed clear. Woohoo!

I'm all of 2 hours away, so if anyone needs an overnight on the way up, Greenville has a spot for ya Thursday night. Spare beds (sleep up to 4) couple of couches or if you're feeling it, night camping spots out by the fire pit or woods. Got room for about 20 or so! I'll leave Friday sometime after breakfast or whenever Eddie and or Jim might swing by to say hi and jump in the hills.

Eddie, Jim, offer stands for you two too. Bed (separate!), breakfast (ok, Waffle House or similar fine establishment) and a easy jaunt to the curves.

Mike

Signed up earlier. Bike is ready, and my body is (now able and) willing. I need some bike time...

MotoCommuter said:
Looks like all the notorious and nefarious will be in attendance. I’ll need to keep my hand on my wallet.

COGnosticator said:
MotoCommuter said:
Looks like all the notorious and nefarious will be in attendance. I’ll need to keep my hand on my wallet.

:rotflmao:

Looks like the usual suspects are getting the usual respects....  :rotflmao:

Reserved a cabin as well.  Just comin' up to hang out...  Maybe
shag the ST on a curvy road or two.

I'd love to ride up, but time will be tight, and I like to have extra time
when I'm on 2 wheels.  On the bright side... the car carries lots more
beer!  :)

Mcfly said:
Reserved a cabin as well.  Just comin' up to hang out...  Maybe
shag the ST on a curvy road or two.

I'd love to ride up, but time will be tight, and I like to have extra time
when I'm on 2 wheels.  On the bright side... the car carries lots more
beer!  :)

Come on up, I trailered up last year, you can make better time for sure.  Great riding in all directions

I will be there on Thursday afternoon with my son Troy on his MT-09. He is new to riding and this will be his first out of state trip. We got cabin #1. Break him in right!  :))

COGnosticator said:
Eddie-FL said:
I may be up Thursday. Still on the fence about that. It’s not like it’s that far to go now! 😄

Not like you have to ask off from work either  ;D

He may be retired, but he does have a boss he answers to. Gotta get that kitchen pass!!

COGnosticator said:
We  fixin to break that curse you have 

joebtfsplk-300x225.jpg

;D
Many men have tried...... :??:
Maybe as a sacrificial lamb instead of RWTW?
Hmmm...Let you know on the 30th if I'm going to make it....
...rain.

COGnosticator said:
MotoCommuter said:
COGnosticator said:
Eddie-FL said:
I may be up Thursday. Still on the fence about that. It’s not like it’s that far to go now! 😄

He may be retired, but he does have a boss he answers to. Gotta get that kitchen pass!!

Unlike you who brings his boss with him  :D

Yep, she doesn’t like me unsupervised!!

COGnosticator said:
MotoCommuter said:
COGnosticator said:
Eddie-FL said:

Bwahahahahahaha! Good one, Jerry!

millerized said:
...rain.
As much as I'd like to break that curse, I won't rain on your birthday party.
I'll save it for September.
And the Nationals.
And probably every other ride I take this year.
But not on your birthday.
Yeah, I'm like that.  :)

millerized said:
millerized said:
...rain.
And the Nationals.

Come on man, it isn't everyday I celebrate my 70th birthday  :rotflmao:  it won't be the same  :beerchug:

COGnosticator said:
millerized said:
millerized said:
...rain.
And the Nationals.

Come on man, it isn't everyday I celebrate my 70th birthday  :rotflmao:  it won't be the same  :beerchug:
I screwed up my parents Christmas by being born...damn sure not going to screw up your 70th by flooding out the bridge again.
I'll make it up to you come Nationals or RWTW. 50yr old Jim Beam in a custom aux fuel tank OK with you?

millerized said:
I screwed up my parents Christmas by being born...damn sure not going to screw up your 70th by flooding out the bridge again.
I'll make it up to you come Nationals or RWTW. 50yr old Jim Beam in a custom aux fuel tank OK with you?

;D  I think you are being a little hard on yourself.  Don't do liquor anymore since I almost killed myself a couple of years ago.  :-\

I will drink beer and wine and herbal essence  :rotflmao: if available

COGnosticator said:
millerized said:

;D  I think you are being a little hard on yourself.  Don't do liquor anymore since I almost killed myself a couple of years ago.  :-\

I will drink beer and wine and herbal essence  :rotflmao: if available

Homebrew count as beer?? If so, that's an option...

Plans are to leave work at lunch and boogy to the event Friday so as to arrive around Beer-thirty. Route home has me planning to eat lunch at TwoS on Sunday. Any participants interested in riding along?

Eddie-FL said:
COGnosticator said:
MotoCommuter said:
COGnosticator said:
Eddie-FL said:

Since Jerry and Eddie are being mean to me, I’ve decided to leave the boss at home just to show you that I don’t need to get a kitchen pass nor bring her! So there!!

Oh, Kurt...don’t be like that! We’d rather see Kay anyway!  :))

Question for you early arrivers; where does one get chow around there for Thursday supper?

MotoCommuter said:
Eddie-FL said:
COGnosticator said:
MotoCommuter said:
COGnosticator said:
Eddie-FL said:

Since Jerry and Eddie are being mean to me, I’ve decided to leave the boss at home just to show you that I don’t need to get a kitchen pass nor bring her! So there!!

Eddie-FL said:

Question for you early arrivers; where does one get chow around there for Thursday supper?

Somebody needs to help you keep track of your wallet...just sayin'  :)

Eddie-FL said:

I’m bring mine. But you can head back to Waynesville or up to the parkway at Mt Pisgah Inn.

Eddie-FL said:

There is a Subway on the corner as you go into Waynesville, get you a sammich for later. 

And not too far down the road is one of those old time restaurants that has good food and pretty waitresses    https://www.jukeboxeat.com/

8 miles from BRMC  and Hwy 215 heading south is a great road to make your milk "shake"  :D

Guess I could snag a sammich or sumpin’ in Brevard on the way in. I’m leaning toward coming in Thursday. Regardless, see y’all there!

Eddie-FL said:
Guess I could snag a sammich or sumpin’ in Brevard on the way in. I’m leaning toward coming in Thursday. Regardless, see y’all there!

I am coming up Thursday too, I will go through Rosman and take a left and go upand take a right on 215 north to the BRP .  Beats the hell out of going through Brevard and a great twistie road

COGnosticator said:
Eddie-FL said:

You gonna ride it in one day  :D

Yup! It’ll be a stretch, but I can handle it. I’ve been following the IBR this week! 😆

COGnosticator said:
Eddie-FL said:

I am coming up Thursday too, I will go through Rosman and take a left and go upand take a right on 215 north to the BRP .  Beats the hell out of going through Brevard and a great twistie road

That’s a possibility, too. But I like 276 out of Brevard; it’s a pretty ride.

Eddie-FL said:
COGnosticator said:
Eddie-FL said:

That’s a possibility, too. But I like 276 out of Brevard; it’s a pretty ride.

Yes it is, if the traffic isn't a nightmare  ;D  See you next Thursday 

21 registered so far.

You don't have to register, so if you find out at the last minute you can make it , come on.  We will be there  :beerchug:

Well it looks like I'm gonna be able to pull this off.  Hopefully I can leave early enough Wed. to arrive by dark, if not it'll be Thurs.

See y'all boys & girls soon!  :beerchug:

OH BOY.....the overseas stories will be filling the evening air with wafts of bratwurst and beer. Go Cliff!

Eddie-FL said:

Greetings fellow COGgers!

I have been AWOL for the past several months dealing with family health issues, CRAZY work schedule, and keeping my 6 y.o. busy for the summer.

I was hoping to get up for the BTH, but I have some work deliverables that I need to finish before I leave for the Nat.  Yes, that will mean I'll be  working weekends. :mad:

Eddie, thanks for asking about me. :D

Jerry, sorry I won't be there for the B-DAY BASH, but I'll see you at the Nat. and buy you an NA beer. :)   

Shawn said:
Jerry, sorry I won't be there for the B-DAY BASH, but I'll see you at the Nat. and buy you an NA beer. :) 

Take care of business, sorry you can't make it but I will see you in PA for an NA 

Travel advisory:
BLUE RIDGE, Ga. – A Georgia DOT Maintenance crew begins today its work on replacing the obliterated and damaged reflective raised pavement markers on State Route (SR) 515 in Fannin County.  Work will proceed daily Tuesday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m.

Shawn said:
Eddie-FL said:

Greetings fellow COGgers!

I have been AWOL for the past several months dealing with family health issues, CRAZY work schedule, and keeping my 6 y.o. busy for the summer.

I was hoping to get up for the BTH, but I have some work deliverables that I need to finish before I leave for the Nat.  Yes, that will mean I'll be  working weekends. :mad:

Eddie, thanks for asking about me. :D

Sorry to hear you've been dealing with "junk." You'll be missed, but see you in PA!!

Volcantour said:
Travel advisory:
BLUE RIDGE, Ga. – A Georgia DOT Maintenance crew begins today its work on replacing the obliterated and damaged reflective raised pavement markers on State Route (SR) 515 in Fannin County.  Work will proceed daily Tuesday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m.

That's the Zell Miller Mtn Pkwy (a/k/a the "four lane") if you're headed north out of Cobb/Pickens/Fannin counties). Thanks for the info Tom.

Volcantour said:
Travel advisory:

Ohhh, What fresh hell is this?

Hoppin' in the cage about 4am, hoping to get out of the 'deep south' without incident...  No bike in tow, just comin' up
to hang out, and toast Jerry's 70th...  The little ST WILL find a curvy road or two.... enjoyable.... 

Allows me to bring a more eclectic selection of tasty libations as well.

For those coming via cage, you must park in the designated parking area on the hwy side of the bridge. NO CAGES ARE ALLOWED IN THE CAMPGROUND.

Ranger Jim said:
For those coming via cage, you must park in the designated parking area on the hwy side of the bridge. NO CAGES ARE ALLOWED IN THE CAMPGROUND.

OK...  I GET IT!  :nananana:

I tried counting heads last night, but started too late  ;D  I got to 22 and got brain freeze  :D

Anyway, we had a great turn out, could not ask for better weather either.  Cool evening and nice afternoons and no rain

I hope everyone made it home safely, I got home around 1:45, hot as hades in the Savannah area but beautiful when I left.

Thanks to all who made it to the rally

You made great time. I rolled in about 2:10 after a leisurely roll down 215 to 64, over to Highlands, then down 106 to 441. Air temp went up 10 degrees when I came down the mountain into Dillard, GA.

Lots of fun. I think we had about 25 or so. Good to see everyone and some new folks!!!

I really enjoyed this weekend as well.... Even without my Connie  :(

I snuck out at 6 am this morning, and made it home at 3:05pm.
A tad over 9 hours wasn't too bad...  Maybe because that early
I didn't have 'that guy' on the Blue Ridge going 15mph.  Cooked
outta there purdy quick.

Always a pleasure hangin' COG style....  :)  Glad I made the trek!

Most excellent to actually attend an event for which I was registered 😀. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing everyone. Appreciate the Spring Rally ride redux with Kurt, Bill, Troy, and Phil.
Had a most wonderful ride home down the BRP and then beautiful backroads from Hayesville that ended on 129 at Jim's BBQ. Did Wolfpen Gap, ate at TwoS, and then home.
Thanks, again, for being COG.

I had a great time & it's always nice to see everyone again. I can say I'm 3 for 3 for this event, 1st year I believe had 5 in attendance, second year about a dozen & this year 22. That says a lot for this little non rally rally.

Good times, friends & great weather.  :great:  :motonoises:

Thanks all!

had a great time at one of favorite places in the entire world! Got home at 11:45 A.M. Sunday after an 84 mile ride home! ;D

COGnosticator said:
could not ask for better weather either.  Cool evening and nice afternoons and no rain
You're welcome  :'(
Glad I could help.
But, the sacrifices I make for others...they'll be worth it in the end.

(until the rest of my karma bites me in the assss.)

millerized said:
You're welcome  :'(
Glad I could help.
But, the sacrifices I make for others...they'll be worth it in the end.

(until the rest of my karma bites me in the assss.)

LOL I thought about mentioning you but since you couldn't make it I decided not to  ;D

Good times!!!

Rolled in Wednesday with Phil, Cliff showed up later that evening. Had some good meals and cool beverages, rode some roads I've never been on. Enjoyed everyone's company around the fire.

We are talking about having another BTH 2 social up at TWO, maybe the end of July or so, will let you know.

MotoCommuter said:
We are talking about having another BTH 2 social up at TWO, maybe the end of July or so, will let you know.

Let's look at August 9th, national will take up July 19 & 26, Jean is out of town Aug 2nd weekend and no dogsitter  :mad:  We can have the SE version of Dog Days  :great:

COGnosticator said:
MotoCommuter said:

Let's look at August 9th, national will take up July 19 & 26, Jean is out of town Aug 2nd weekend and no dogsitter  :mad:  We can have the SE version of Dog Days  :great:

...and they already have a dog there! The "Spotted Dog of Summer Social" brought to you by MotoCommuter!!!

Made it back by 7:30 pm. Temp never got above 86, most of the day it was around 82. Got lucky there.
BTH 2 at TWO sounds like a grand plan, I'm in.