• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2019 Beat the Heat (not a) Rally is a go

Got an update from Alex. He's walking with crutches and thinks he may have a broken rib. His bike is still on the trailer. He's coming around Saturday. All in all very lucky.

Grasshopper said:
Got an update from Alex. He's walking with crutches and thinks he may have a broken rib. His bike is still on the trailer. He's coming around Saturday. All in all very lucky.

Good news! Yes, he’s extremely lucky!

Grasshopper said:

He's beyond lucky, that was a pretty ugly violent crash. He hit that guardrail extremely hard, not to mention the 35' drop down into the hole. I seem to have the misfortune of seeing at least one a year.  :??:

Better asd some pics or the event didn't happen.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DsXqhtek5MZ4z8oo9

Best of luck to Alex. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Mike

Really enjoyed my first COG event at BRMC campground with y’all!  Thanks for the warm welcome and cold ice for my drinks!

Scott

Slambo said:
Really enjoyed my first COG event at BRMC campground with y’all!  Thanks for the warm welcome and cold ice for my drinks!

Scott

Glad you made it, hope you can make it to Run with the Wolf in Sept.

Another Alex update. He came round last weekend, a lot of road rash on one leg and his ribs are sore, but other than that he seems fine.
Said he rode his bike and its straight as an arrow.

Grasshopper said:
Another Alex update. He came round last weekend, a lot of road rash on one leg and his ribs are sore, but other than that he seems fine.
Said he rode his bike and its straight as an arrow.

:)  :great:  Great to hear!