• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2019 Keystone National Rally, Williamsport PA.

Has anyone tried to book a room yet at either facility?

Any issues?

NOTE: there will be NO ON SITE TRAILER PARKING at the Genetti.
Trailers will have to be parked 3 blocks away at the community college.
There will be a $20 donation/fee to use this lot.

tks,
Jason
COG 32

I spent the weekend in Williamsport scouting routes and restaurants.

Central Pennsylvania is Beautiful this time of year. The forest is Lush, Green and cool...

We've got lots of routes laid out and will be sharing them soon.
As good as the riding will be I think this rally might go in the record books for the best food experience!

I'm going to mention Franco's
http://www.francoslounge.com/
You'll want to be sure to eat at least one meal here, and you need to make reservations ahead of time.

Jason

I was able to book tonight Monday- Friday Genetti hotel. Don't procrastinate or you will be staying at the Holiday inn and miss The Genetti experience They have us blocked of in the System already

I always throw this out. If anyone wants to share just yell  :nananana: God know I'm not picky I've stayed with the likes of Jason K, Matt N and of course the famous MR.T
:beerchug: :beerchug:

It looks like it's going to be another great rally!  We're not sure if we're going to make it because we'll be visiting our son and his family in Niger.  We're toying with the idea of doing both but finances and how much vacation time are factors.  Whether we come or not, there will be on OTP quilt to auction off.

Irene

Ranger Jim said:

Ok, Camping is coming to the top of the pile...…………

Any input on how many full hook ups we'll need?
Do most just camp in a tent needing no hook up?

Constructive input appreciated.
tks,

jason

Why don't you do a survey poll and ask Camping? RV or Tent? 

We will camp if it's within 15 minutes and have hook ups. The closest campground I see on Google for RV's is about 20 miles away on Google.  Johnson City in 2014 used a fairground with hook  ups for camping. A lot of county fairgrounds in PA have hook ups for horseshow people  who stay with their horse and for  fair vendors.  Kerrville had a city park campground. Lake of the Ozarks  used a privately owned campground affiliated with the resort.

We would like 30 amp service, water, sewer connection. TV is a plus. My toyhauler is 32' plus my truck  is 20'. I either need a long site or a place to unload, park the rig, and then a place to park the truck. People with Class A RVs (bus size) will need 50 amp svc plus the other things. Maybe call the local chamber of commerce or the city park and rec and ask them? Ask the head  of the Mason Lodge in Williamsport. They probably know everybody in the area. Be creative.

Why don't you ask Fred Booth and Gary Mazzoli how many camped in Texas and Missouri? (last couple of years of Nationals). Cortez (Mark Hartman) used a nearby KOA (but none near Williamsport).

I plan to tent camp, no hookup needed.  Showers and restrooms needed.  You could survey prior national rally coordinators for # of electric vs non-electric sites.  Also agree that closer to rally central the better.

ConcoursKZ said:
https://riverside-campground.com

Yes, this will be the campground. We're talking with the owners right now getting group rate set up...…
Should have all the info together later in the week.

tks,
Jason

80-90 campers are inbound to Run With The Wolf in N. Ga. Leave now and you can be there about campfire time!!!!

gsjay said:
Ranger Jim said:

Ok, Camping is coming to the top of the pile...…………

Any input on how many full hook ups we'll need?
Do most just camp in a tent needing no hook up?

Constructive input appreciated.
tks,

jason

Electricity at site, and water. Back in is ok.

Reservation email received today. Pretty decent rate for a water/electric/sewer site!

Not National Forest cheap, but perfectly acceptable. Will register for rally in December. Right now am 2 weeks from hooking up and leaving Wisconsin for Florida so many things happening at once.

A shot from Hyner Overlook  Oct/02. A rainy travel day gave us this misty morning shot.This is a fun run up to the viewing area. About 47 miles from Willamsport on PA 120  41.3266, -77.6237

Attachments

• Hyner Overlook.jpg
    Hyner Overlook.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 150
Rich,
Nice picture! Hyner View is a great destination and the road through the park is also a great ride!

I'm sure we'll have a route heading in this direction.

BOOK THOSE ROOMS.
jason

Need Lodging At Genetti For Nationals

Looking to see if anyone has a room at the Genetti Hotel with a spare bed.
Will be coming up from Florida.
PM me if you do.

Just an FYI here, I will be attending, and will have Light Kits, as well as tools and My No Mar tire machine with me in my Trailer.

John, I just installed the kit you sent me, finally.  I'll PM you with a question...

Made a reservation at the Genetti about five minutes ago.  Brian took my call and commented on what a great rate we've been given.  He said the $119 King Suite is normally $160, so kudos to the rally team for their negotiating skills on our behalf!

On another note, my better half has indicated that she wants to come with me this year.  I've attended the last four rallies and she's never really shown any interest in coming along.  Plus she has zero interest in riding pillion, so it looks like I'll trailer this year.  That will be a new experience for me.  Her interest was piqued by the location, so again, kudos to the rally team for choosing this spot.  I'll ride, and she'll shop and sight-see...

BTW, if she wants to hang out at Rally Central with me, or attend the banquet, etc., does she have to be registered as an associate member?  IOW, do I have to buy her a membership just to attend the rally?  The Members section doesn't really say, and neither does the Members FAQ.  Anybody with an attending spouse know? 

Thanks!

TRM-KS said:
John, I just installed the kit you sent me, finally.  I'll PM you with a question...

Made a reservation at the Genetti about five minutes ago.  Brian took my call and commented on what a great rate we've been given.  He said the $119 King Suite is normally $160, so kudos to the rally team for their negotiating skills on our behalf!

On another note, my better half has indicated that she wants to come with me this year.  I've attended the last four rallies and she's never really shown any interest in coming along.  Plus she has zero interest in riding pillion, so it looks like I'll trailer this year.  That will be a new experience for me.  Her interest was piqued by the location, so again, kudos to the rally team for choosing this spot.  I'll ride, and she'll shop and sight-see...

BTW, if she wants to hang out at Rally Central with me, or attend the banquet, etc., does she have to be registered as an associate member?  IOW, do I have to buy her a membership just to attend the rally?  The Members section doesn't really say, and neither does the Members FAQ.  Anybody with an attending spouse know? 

Thanks!

To get member's rates for registration, she will have to be an Associate Member.  Associate's Members fees are only $5.00 more.  In other words your regular membership is $37.00, an if you add an Associate Membership, your yearly fee is $42.00.  If she registers as a non member, that fee is usually significant higher than the member's fee.

If you want to add her as an Associate Member, contact me at cog.membership.officer@gmail.com and we will work out the details.  With our current software, it is a pain for members to add an associate unless it is time for them to renew.

TRM-KS said:

Thanks!

I'm glad your wife is interested in the location. I/We always try to plan events in locations that have some appeal other than just the riding. Williamsport does offer a lot of attractions and things to do when not riding.
Be sure to look at the attractions page on the website.
http://concours.org/national/2019-national-rally/attractions

I hope other spouses jump on board!

Oh, and don't forget the Room rate includes a FULL HOT BREAKFAST buffet.

Book those rooms!
Jason

Gixerhp said:
Just an FYI here, I will be attending, and will have Light Kits, as well as tools and My No Mar tire machine with me in my Trailer.
Good deal.  :motonoises:  Your lights are the bomb. I bought them right after you demoed them at the NE Spring Fling in Bennington VT and it was a great safety addition. 

Thankfully my workplace has FINALLY started the vacation picks and I'm locked in for that week.  The wifey will actually be driving out to join in the fun this time.  Just need to make the res and register.  Whatever you need me for Jay I'm there! :great:

connie_rider said:
Room is booked! Looking forward to it.

Ride safe, Ted

so, are we splitting a room; or are you bringing SWMBO?

just checking.... I think I may be going solo, as Momma may be working (somebody has to around here...)

meh, it's early... :rotflmao: :great: :beerchug:

Err, uh, err, uhhh,,, hmmmm,,,
    :hum:

Ride safe, Ted

PS: You do realize: if I don't bring the "SWMBO", I don't get to go?

connie_rider said:
Err, uh, err, uhhh,,, hmmmm,,,
    :hum:

Ride safe, Ted

:)) :)) :)) >:D :nananana: :nananana: >:D :)) :)) :))

images

Im booked at the campground for a few extra days as well. Ill be there on the 21 till the 28

connie_rider said:
You do realize, if I don't bring the "SWMBO", I don't get to go?

Ride safe, Ted

I call b/s on that one... I know better...

try harder.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: ;) ;)

Gypsy JR said:
Reservation email received today. Pretty decent rate for a water/electric/sewer site!

Not National Forest cheap, but perfectly acceptable. Will register for rally in December. Right now am 2 weeks from hooking up and leaving Wisconsin for Florida so many things happening at once.
Are you staying at Riverside?

Hey Terry, theres this thing called 'retirement' that most of us in law enforcement start looking forward to we when we hit the big 50.... u certainly are telling us ur not eligible yet....

Just let me say this...living the dream buddy.. :great:

Ok folks the holidays are over and riding season will be here before we know it..........

The National is 6 months away!

Have you booked your room?

Online Registration and Rally Merchandise sales will be going live soon!
We're expecting a BIG crowd and are planning for upwards of 400 to attend.......

Watch for update to the rally website soon.
tks,
jason

fred-houston said:
konehead said:
Registration still not 'active', do we have an anticipated date...?

We plan to have it online and active before the end of January.

Registration is important but, BOOKING YOUR ROOM is the most important...............
BOOK THOSE ROOMS!
jason

I spoke to the folks at the Genetti Hotel yesterday..........

They report rooms are being booked at a good rate for being 6 months out.

If you want a specific type of room you  better get moving and make your reservations!

tks,
Jason

I can't seem to find a PA. visitor site that will send me a Official Pa Hiway Map. Will these be provided at the rally ?

The Tourism and Transportation Map ( MTT ) in the
link above is really quite good.
It has all the secondary and tertiary ( twisty ) roads
that many maps leave out.
Definitely worth having to preview the area
ahead of the National.

works4me said:
The Tourism and Transportation Map ( MTT ) in the
link above is really quite good.
It has all the secondary and tertiary ( twisty ) roads
that many maps leave out.
Definitely worth having to preview the area
ahead of the National.

Robert, thanks for the input on this map. I'm going to order one.......
Seems odd that you can't do it online!
jason

connie_rider said:
Trailer parking fee?

Ride safe, Ted

The Hotel's parking lot is limited.
So, they use a parking lot a couple blocks away from the local college for overflow parking..........
The $20 is for the whole week and it goes to the college as a donation.
jason

23 registrations and 4 apparel orders.................

you folks are rocking it!

BOOK THOSE ROOMS.

jason

Link for Rally Apparel ordering ..................

https://concours.itemorder.com/sale

Some TALL items will be added soon.
jason

Now I can relax.... rooms booked, I'm registered and I've order more cog clothing.....by the way love the color...  although corvette atomic orange would have been my first choice....

Let's get the party started!!! :beerchug:

gsjay said:
Link for Rally Apparel ordering ..................

https://concours.itemorder.com/sale

Some TALL items will be added soon.
jason

Men's Tall tee shirts, Polo shirts and 1/4 Zips have been added to the online store.
jason

konehead said:
Hey Terry, theres this thing called 'retirement' that most of us in law enforcement start looking forward to we when we hit the big 50.... u certainly are telling us ur not eligible yet....

Just let me say this...living the dream buddy.. :great:

I was retired for a whole year back in '06 after twenty years in the NYPD, ten as a Sgt.  Was a great year till the bride and bank account said get back to work!  LOL

Work security for the local hospital now but in three years when my daughter finishes college gonna seriously think about pulling the plug for good!

gsjay said:
Tony K said:
I can't seem to find a PA. visitor site that will send me a Official Pa Hiway Map. Will these be provided at the rally ?

We hope to have maps available at the rally.

Here is a link to an order form that you can send to the state requesting a tourism map.
http://www.dot.state.pa.us/public/pubsforms/Publications/Pub%2012.pdf

If you order a visitors guide it might come with a map. Not sure though.

jason

I did order these maps by mail and they arrived in about a week. you can request 4 maps for free.
Jason

Well, getting off the stick. Gonna start planning. Jason, any tire changing options if needed?

Old Man on a Connie said:
gsjay said:
Well, getting off the stick. Gonna start planning. Jason, any tire changing options if needed?

Yes there is a Kawi dealer just a few miles from Rally Central.
http://www.wheelsofwilliamsport.net/

If you know you'll need Tires I would reach out to them ahead of time and order a set in!

Jason
Cool. Will do. We have a relationship with them? Any group discounts?

We don't have either at this point but our local guy George will be talking to them as time gets closer.
jason

gsjay said:
gsjay said:

Yes there is a Kawi dealer just a few miles from Rally Central.
http://www.wheelsofwilliamsport.net/

If you know you'll need Tires I would reach out to them ahead of time and order a set in!

Jason
Cool. Will do. We have a relationship with them? Any group discounts?

We don't have either at this point but our local guy George will be talking to them as time gets closer.
jason
:great: :beerchug: :motonoises:

Reservations at Holiday Inn had trouble finding the group rate when I made my reservation. If the website lodging page could be updated to reflect that the rally group is reserved under the name “KAW”, it would be useful.

Steve, you must have had a new person on the phone............

I just talked the Holiday Inn.

The block is under the Concour's Owners Group.

BOOK THOSE ROOMS!
Jason
cog 32

SteveCook said:
Reservations at Holiday Inn had trouble finding the group rate when I made my reservation. If the website lodging page could be updated to reflect that the rally group is reserved under the name “KAW”, it would be useful.
Steve what are your travel plans? PM or email me. Going to work though CO on the way out.  :beerchug:

The Genetti is 2/3 rds full.....................

If you want to be at Rally Central you better get your room booked!

jason
cog 32

gsjay said:
Throttle 8 said:
I have registered and booked a room at the Genetti---- see you all in July!

Good Job.............
Did you invite your friends?
jason

I have been talking with some Connie rider friends, and may be dragging a few people with me! :great:

Throttle 8 said:
gsjay said:
Throttle 8 said:
I have registered and booked a room at the Genetti---- see you all in July!

Good Job.............
Did you invite your friends?
jason

I have been talking with some Connie rider friends, and may be dragging a few people with me! :great:

Excellent Job!
Now BOOK THOSE ROOMS AND get Registered!
tks,
jason

Reserved a room at the Genetti months ago...
Finally/officially registered the wife and I for the national today.

See ya'll there.  :great:

Ride safe, Ted