• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2019 Keystone National Rally, Williamsport PA.

SW horde is comfortably ensconced in Des Moines  Iowa at a top secret location. O H and a dime tomorrow arriving rally central Sunday for the number 6 shenanigans.

Old Man on a Connie said:
SW horde is comfortably ensconced in Des Moines  Iowa at a top secret location. O H and a dime tomorrow arriving rally central Sunday for the number 6 shenanigans.

You guys be careful riding today................HOT HOT HOT!!!
Stay Hydrated.

see you pool side.
jason

Safely tucked away in Massena, NY tonight. Got a bit warm, even all the way up here. The ride up Mount Washington was great this morning. 2200 miles down, only 340 to Williamsport tomorrow. Looking forward to landing somewhere for a few days after 5 (6 after tomorrow) days on the move.

Rolling to the Nats. Stopping through America, my favorite history lesson. Weston WV, Trans-Alagheny Lunatic Asylum. Our mental health medical history was a random find in creepy-ness!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/PcyFetrt5X4jnpTB8

I'll update as the week unfolds as we explore.
See y'all soon!
M&M

Attended church at Central Covenant Presbyterian Church this morning.  They have a beautiful old facility.  Of course it's not air conditioned so we were given hand fans and water bottles with our bulletins. LOL 

It was just not that hot for us.  We were treated like royalty by a lovely group of folks there. 

It appears that this afternoon in nearby Brandon Park there will be a Summer Music Fest being put on by a local 501(c)3 music school.  It will run from 1 through 8pm.  I must say we are going to go check it out.  Looks like fun and there will be local food vendors there.  Cool!  :beerchug:

Finished checking in with the son and daughter in law in Chicago. Friends to see in Ohio today. We will roll in tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing all the old familiar face and meeting some new ones.

The bike wash is officially open 2:14 Sunday! One of the better ones ever if I do say so. If I can pull off the bikinis there will be no doubt.  :truce:  :rotflmao:

Plus 1 on the pic's can someone set up a pic hosting site that we can check out the activities safe for work pictures.

Updated pics of today and getting to the hotel. Hot as balls, but pleasant in the hotel.

Zippo factory /museum is really cool.

Mike

Bugnut said:
Updated pics of today and getting to the hotel. Hot as balls, but pleasant in the hotel.

Mike
Awesome....keep'm coming :great:

I love this! Thanks for the pics Bugnut.  Wanting so badly to get to a COG National but schedule hasn't worked out as of yet.  At least with these pics and updates I can live vicariously through the attendees.  Yes, please keep them coming...

I wanted to get to this National badly (4-5 hours away!) but the stars didn't align. Keep the pics coming. Have fun y'all, better weather is coming.

Rode 105 miles in spotty rain with Sailor Rich today.  A nice loop with great scenic roads. 973 west, 44 North, 414 East, 287 South and 973 East.  Even with the rain, still way too much fun and beats work    :motonoises:  With Rich being in the Canadian Coast Guard, I'm not sure he knows what wet is?  :rotflmao:

This is my very 1st COG event I"m enjoying my self being rained out today & this was a good day to fix some problems on my 95 Connie i just bought  in mint condition for the year with the anti freeze issues & also just gotten the carbs rebuilt once this weather lifts the riding should resume as normal I just want to thank the wonderful people here @ the rally for their knowledge of the C10 on my behalf with them helping me out about my bike thanks guys.. 

Few more shots from today. Crap weather, but having the tow rig helps keep the tour rolling. Hershey Pa and the Chocolate Museum. Not a lot to see, but the sweets were pretty good.

Mike

Did a ride out to Altoona to the horseshoe curve, then on to tunnel hill. We got to see 3 trains at the curve and 1 at the tunnel.  On the way back tried to get ice cream at Penn State University. The visitors parking was only in a ramp garage and they wouldn't let me in on a bike. Said that the gate would come down before I could get in.

Light rain and sun until the last hour or so. Then it came down in buckets. Rts 192, 880, and 44 would have been a lot more fun in the dry and if I could see more than 200 feet.

THE FINAL TWO NATIONAL RALLY CHECK-IN SESSIONS ARE TUE 7/23 8AM-10AM & WED 7/24 8AM-10AM.    PLEASE STOP BY RALLY CENTRAL TO CHECK IN.

S Smith said:
THE FINAL TWO NATIONAL RALLY CHECK-IN SESSIONS ARE TUE 7/23 8AM-10AM & WED 7/24 8AM-10AM.    PLEASE STOP BY RALLY CENTRAL TO CHECK IN.
I won't be there until Wednesday afternoon at the earliest. Should I just stay home then? ;)

(and yes, that's a serious question. just added the smiley so it isn't taken wrong)

millerized said:
S Smith said:
I won't be there until Wednesday afternoon at the earliest. Should I just stay home then? ;)

(and yes, that's a serious question. just added the smiley so it isn't taken wrong)

There won't be a Wednesday afternoon check in session, but when you arrive ask around for Steve or me and we will get you checked in.  We shouldn't be that hard to find.

fred-houston said:
millerized said:

There won't be a Wednesday afternoon check in session, but when you arrive ask around for Steve or me and we will get you checked in.  We shouldn't be that hard to find.
Understood. Just didn't want to make the trip for nothing.
And I'll just ask for the young guys...that aughta get me to you 2 right off.

FYI, I had an outside chance of making it on Thursday (no go, ugh) for the tail end of the rally so I called the Genneti this morning and they still had rooms for at least Thursday and Friday nights and were offering them for the same COG rate!!!

PS, I asked the deskperson if the group was raising hell yet and they responded that you all have been very gracious guests, so far.

Few fresh shots from up Niagra way. Beautiful weather that far north. Not so pleasant back in Williamsport. Looking forward to tomorrow's actual ride to the museum and the loop 

Mike

Museum and lunch at Big Mike's added today. Stunning museum with planes, bikes and cars. Immaculately kept and displayed. And Big Mike's, an excellent destination, with a really unique proprietor!

Mike

Bugnut said:

Mike

Thanks for the pics.  Jorge and I really wish we were there.

Irene

Bugnut said:

Museum and lunch at Big Mike's added today. Stunning museum with planes, bikes and cars. Immaculately kept and displayed. And Big Mike's, an excellent destination, with a really unique proprietor!

Mike
Awesome pics Thank you

Everything I've done is at https://edpalmer.smugmug.com/COG/COG-National-2019. These are basically straight out of the camera with no work done to them yet for cropping, color correction, and the like. I've merged a couple of panoramas and tossed the out-of-focus shots, but that's all.

National attendees: Send me your thoughts about this week via email or PM and I'll consolidate them into an article for The Concourier. If you have an out-of-this-world picture to submit, mail it to me or send me a link to a full-sized version posted (no Facebook pics, please...they do unspeakable horrors to JPGs that work for social media, but ruin them for good print reproduction).

Today's snaps so far before the banquet.  Corning Glass Museum that we couldn't cover in a single day. Made blown glass ornaments they ship after annealing process. Plus a cool whiskey glass with sandblast etching that I'll be sporting AT the banquet! I'll have shots of that later tonight and the 2020 reveal.

Mike

Thanks everyone who took part in the success of the rally. As well the great days of riding with old friends and new.

Well done everyone thanks!

home, safe and sound, and sore as I just got beat up with the ugly stick..  man, 300 miles was short compared to a lot of folks distance, but I felt every bump across the state...  :truce: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

GREAT JOB RALLY TEAM... ANOTHER SPECTACULAR EVENT...  :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :beerchug:

Bugnut said:

Today's snaps so far before the banquet.  Corning Glass Museum that we couldn't cover in a single day. Made blown glass ornaments they ship after annealing process. Plus a cool whiskey glass with sandblast etching that I'll be sporting AT the banquet! I'll have shots of that later tonight and the 2020 reveal.

Mike

Hey, we were together on 81 a bit today, I was in the black Grand Cherokee with the Tenere in tow.

Nice pics!

Home safe and sound after 620 miles. Great Rally! I enjoyed seeing some old friends and meeting some new ones! Special than you to Sailor Rich for being such a great tour guide on Wednesday, and to Strawboss  for a great meet/cute story for the ages!

Hey Roger!

Yep, we were even parked next to each other before we left this morning! Kinda cool to see another COGer even while towing!

Last few of the last breakfast and folks checking out. Back in SC after a straight shot home on slab so dull as dirt but home for a couple days before that dreaded work. Yuck. But I gotta earn some bucks for next years rally!! A  l o n g  trip!

Thanks to the NECOG team for a great event.

Mike

On behalf of COG and the entire 2019 Keystone National Rally team, we thank all the attendees for making this a terrific event. As I've said before, it wouldn't be a successful event without attendees. We hope everyone had a terrific & memorable time and enjoyed the event activities as well as riding in our north central Pennsylvania backyard.

If you have any good rally anecdotes, stories and photos, please submit them to Ed Palmer, the Concourier Editor, for consideration for the issue of the magazine.

Whoa! Hey Throttle 8, we need to talk!  ;D As a Canadian citizen you have been granted special dispensation this one time for using a word referring to Strawboss or anything pertaining to anything Strawboss. Cute is not to be used in the same posting where Strawboss has been mentioned, referred to, talked about, written about and thought about. The only time cute can be used in the same posting as the term or entity now known as Strawboss is when talking about a small car, a bicycle, a child, a pink rifle or a University of Alabama cheerleader. ;D 

Strawboss said:
Whoa! Hey Throttle 8, we need to talk!  ;D As a Canadian citizen you have been granted special dispensation this one time for using a word referring to Strawboss or anything pertaining to anything Strawboss. Cute is not to be used in the same posting where Strawboss has been mentioned, referred to, talked about, written about and thought about. The only time cute can be used in the same posting as the term or entity now known as Strawboss is when talking about a small car, a bicycle, a child, a pink rifle or a University of Alabama cheerleader. ;D

LOL! My Bad---let me rephrase; it was an Avengers worthy first meeting! I will now lock myself in my room for an appropriate length timeout!  :beerchug:

Was really sorry to hear at the rally about Tom Taylor (Mr T).
We had just had dinner in the lounge on Monday night and talked about all the motorcycles we had owned.
Had too many beers as the conversation went to golf and VW engine rebuilding and then back to motorcycles.
He said that he had ridden in 46 of the lower 48 states, and that even though he lived in NY, the 2 states that he was
missing were New Jersey and Delaware.  So he thought of doing a day ride from the rally to the Delaware Memorial
Bridge and bagging both states!!!
Had only met him before at the SE COG events, as he was a Florida "snowbird".
Thanks to whomever took care of his gear. It would be very difficult to have that conversation with his wife.
He was nice man. Will be missed.

Aw, you can come out now, we're practically family anyhow. Seriously, we had a good time too meeting new riders and seeing old friends. BTW, in your honor, the next day when we were out on I-15, I bumped it up to 75 MPH.  ;D Hope to see you soon.

Condolences to all his family and friends.  I hate to hear of the loss of another one of our members.  RIP Tom  :'( :'(

Really nice to see you old mugs at the National, and make some new. Trust you all made it home safe and sound without any drama.

We pulled in right about 1:00 yesterday afternoon. It was an approximate 7 hour trip. Could have possibly made it back in about 5.5 hours if I had risked taking I-95........... assuming that it was flowing freely (really doubtful), so hit the (back) roads less traveled for an en-eventful ride home.

Really doubt that I'll attempt next years event in WA. That's just a wee bit far for these aging bones.

S Smith said:
The Northeast Area family is very sad.
The Florida family is also. I first met him two months after I joined COG...we wound up in the same I-4 rest area on the way to Last Blast 2015 and rode together the rest of the way. I always enjoyed talking to him and I'm glad we had one last conversation Monday night.

Back home at 5 p.m. this evening after 525 and 602 mile days down the I-95 slab. The bike performed flawlessly. My rear end, not quite as well.

Thanks to Jay, Steve, the NE team, and all the other volunteers who made this a great rally.

Send me your stories! :)

4 hours straight down rt 15 and into Manassas to drop the bike at my work house then another 3 plus down to Gloucester VA to the family home in the car. I only need to do 20 miles of I 95 and yes it was jammed. DC to Richmond was all red on google maps. I caught a black c14 in the mirrors then it blew by on a entrance ramp so I didn't see the plate. Hope he keep going on the shoulder.

Condolences to Tom's family

2 hard days, another 1121 miles, and made it home. Totaled 4117 miles for the 12 days I was out, both records for me.

Thanks to Steve, Jason and the Rally Team for a great week. Already plotting routes, squirreling away acorns, and calling in favors to make Vancouver 2020.

Whomever found my hat, wear it in good health.
Know that it was worn by a professional.
71fU-hu5E5L._AC_UL115_.jpg

Just a quick note to say that on Friday, following the rally, a local COGger who lives in nearby Hughesville, PA was involved in an accident.  Regis Lucas was riding in New York and had an encounter with an automobile.  Not sure actual contact was made or the exact situation regarding the accident, but Regis crashed his nearly immaculate 1995 C-10.  The bike was destroyed and Regis suffered substantial bruising.  However, he was fully geared and suffered no broken bones or other permanent injuries.  He is convalescing at home after a thorough checkout in the hospital and should be able to return to work soon as a cross-country FED EX Ground driver.  He is lamenting the loss of the bike and does not know if/when/how soon he will be back in the saddle of another C-10. 

I personally give thanks to God that he was not more seriously injured.  He just wanted me to let folks know.

Sad to hear Regis went down. 

Glad to hear he will be Ok after some R and R. 

Sure was a great example of a nice C10... time to go find another one! 

Best wishes, Roger    ;)

Just a tip, they make Just for Men to handle that beard situation. That may get you in the game :rotflmao:
I could have taken the same photo with the same situation, since I was there at different times.  :rotflmao:

Sorry to hear about Regis and his great bike.  :'(  Tom is another level of profound sadness.  :'(  :'( I think we all understand the risks and it’s great fun right up until the point it isn’t. Makes you reflect and wonder.

4Bikes said:
Just a tip, they make Just for Men to handle that beard situation. That may get you in the game :rotflmao:
I could have taken the same photo with the same situation, since I was there at different times.  :rotflmao:

I use to use it on my beard, got tired of doing it so quit. I don't need it for my hair  ;D  Just blessed with good hair genes  :)

Thank you rally team for your hard work. For me it was a great Rally until Wednesday  :'( Thank you Dennis for getting Toms belongings home to his family.
Life is short so make the best of it :beerchug:

Just got home from the national.
  {On the way home, we stopped for a few days in DC and New Orleans}..

Really enjoyed meeting everyone..
Will see you next year in Washington!!

Ride safe, Ted

can anyone direct me to where we can see the National Rally "photo", taken there? :??: :??:
I can't seem to find the "official one"....... :mad: :mad:

MAN OF BLUES said:
can anyone direct me to where we can see the National Rally "photo", taken there? :??: :??:
I can't seem to find the "official one"....... :mad: :mad:

Ed Palmer took the official photo and shared his photo stash. Go to this link and look around. There are several versions.
https://edpalmer.smugmug.com/COG/COG-National-2019

Butch and I just returned home this afternoon, and I wanted to thank all of the organizers and volunteers for all of their hard work. Good job all!
I had a great time and it was a fun event. The only way it could have been better is if I had shown up with a rear tire in better condition.
I also want to thank Wheels Of Williamsport for ordering and installing my new rear tire.

See ya all in Vancouver WA.

Chuck thanks for posting on my behalf on my resent accident in New York State as earlier that day I went riding with the Pronto Family from the Chicago area & a guy from Wisconsin on I 80 in Pa until I want up north on Route 219 un my way up into New York State then I refueled rested un Salamanca NY on Indian Reservation then moved on eastbound on route 17 east bound on homebound for PA & I got off in in Bath NY went on a real dangerous back road until I wrecked with a car on a real bad turn & flew off the bike thanks God Jesus saved my life from the wreck but we did lose Tom from upstate New York 2 days before accident I just want to thanks God for everyone asking about my condition from my accident my C10 is a loss but at least I still I my KZ1000 SHAFT the pre C10 motorcycle to ride once my master cylinder rebuilt or repaired. Thanks Regis.....

Rev Ryder said:
Just a quick note to say that on Friday, following the rally, a local COGger who lives in nearby Hughesville, PA was involved in an accident.  Regis Lucas was riding in New York and had an encounter with an automobile.  Not sure actual contact was made or the exact situation regarding the accident, but Regis crashed his nearly immaculate 1995 C-10.  The bike was destroyed and Regis suffered substantial bruising.  However, he was fully geared and suffered no broken bones or other permanent injuries.  He is convalescing at home after a thorough checkout in the hospital and should be able to return to work soon as a cross-country FED EX Ground driver.  He is lamenting the loss of the bike and does not know if/when/how soon he will be back in the saddle of another C-10. 

I personally give thanks to God that he was not more seriously injured.  He just wanted me to let folks know.
Thanks Chuck for posting on my behalf brother.

ron203 said:
Ed Palmer took the official photo and shared his photo stash. Go to this link and look around. There are several versions.
MAN OF BLUES said:
thanks... I was hiding under the sign... peeking my melon out.. works for me... :great: :beerchug:
MOB, I saw you down there!  :nananana:

Which version will become the official "official" is as yet undetermined. I am still going through all of them to find out which has captured the most people at their best and is sharpest from front to back. If you're a photographer, you know how difficult that challenge is with a deep room like we had at the Genetti.

The final "official" one will be in the next Concourier, of course.

Swampcat said:
ron203 said:
MAN OF BLUES said:
thanks... I was hiding under the sign... peeking my melon out.. works for me... :great: :beerchug:
MOB, I saw you down there!  :nananana:

Which version will become the official "official" is as yet undetermined. I am still going through all of them to find out which has captured the most people at their best and is sharpest from front to back. If you're a photographer, you know how difficult that challenge is with a deep room like we had at the Genetti.

The final "official" one will be in the next Concourier, of course.

thanks Ed, great work on your part, lotta great photos for sure... :great: :great: :great: :great: :beerchug:

andydude said:
Where would one find the group pic from the banquet ?

now, I ask where we can find others, Guy posted his links, Bud did, a few others also.. I'm looking for Chris Dupuise's photo's, as he was shooting pictures by the thousands there.. anyone? Buehler? Beuhler...?  Chris?...