• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2019 NE Regional Fall Rally [Alexandria Bay, NY]

johnnylunchbox

NE AAD Hudson Valley
2019 NE Regional Fall Rally [Alexandria Bay, NY] Sept 19-22, 2019

http://cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=253812

Registration and room reservations are now open.

Call 315-482-9961 (then press ext "0"),  Monday-Friday between 9:00AM and 4:00PM (EST) and please mention that you are with the Concours Owners Group.  If you have any issues you can ask for Lisa (Assistant Manager)

Come close out the rally season at the northern most rally of the year.  It is not too early to plan your autumn activities.  The city of Alexandria Bay is on the banks of the beautiful Saint Lawrence River, and there is something for everyone to see and do.  This is a great family location, so bring everyone.

The rally dates are Sept 19-22, 2019.

The venue is Capt. Thompson’s Inn http://www.captthomsons.com/resort .  The rally location is right on the water and all rooms have a balcony, and a view of the mighty Saint Lawrence.

The buffet dinner will be on Saturday 9/21/2019 at Riley’s by the River http://www.rileysbytheriver.com/ located directly across the street from rally central

This location offers easy access to Canada, the Adirondacks, Northern NY, Lake Ontario, and more.  There will be guided boat tours available on a pay as you go basis.

Be sure to see the BONUS section in the event calendar listing for an interesting door prize(s).

I have this rally on my calendar and hope to attend! Alexandria Bay is a nice spot, and September is a great time of year. First frost should have passed and mornings will be nippy. You are minutes from our Northern Neighbors in Ontario. Remember passports, eh? Just renewed mine.

I was raised 20 miles from A Bay in Philadelphia. It is next to Fort Drum, a place so cold the Army moved their winter training there from Alaska years ago. Drum gets about 130" of snow a year.

About 20 some years ago A Bay became the northern terminus for many snowbirds, wingless types. Many may have flocked South by rally time?

A little news re Jefferson County and the "North Country" can be found at
https://www.watertowndailytimes.com/
https://northcountrynow.com/

A nice tour is that of Boldt Castle on Heart Island.  http://www.boldtcastle.com/visitorinfo/

Ogdensburg, NY used to be home to the Ogdensburg Insane Asylum, later called the St. Lawrence Hospital.

http://www.asylumprojects.org/index.php/St._Lawrence_State_Hospital

Sorry, there are no tours there (as there are at the Trans Allegheny Insane Asylum in WV. When we were kids, if we misbehaved, parents would threated to send us to "Ogdensburg". We were golden, of course.

My cousin and her husband, and my two babysitters!! still live up there, very close to Philadelphia. Another great reason to visit. And there are many great cheese factories. This was once a BIG dairy area.

Don't look for spiraling mountain roads in these west counties (see the Adirondacks) but the back roads through farm country are pretty.

Have a safe ride to A Bay. Hope to see you there!

Thanks for your great contribution to this thread. 

I used to camp at Wellesley island when I was a kid.  I have many fond memories of the area.

It is a beautiful area, and I hope you are able to make the rally.

Well, the nice lady at Captain Thompson's said I was the first one to register!

Did my rallye registration as well. This is the closest one to Montreal to date! First time I don't ride half a day or longer to get there!

Hope to see a lot of the usual suspects there!

Cheers!

The Quebec guy...

Just registered, just like I promised Steve & Sue I would. Got home from the Spring Fling and got right on to
sign up for the Fall Rally that they are hosting. It will be an awesome time and if you remember your passports
or pass cards you can go to the great white north for a day or two of fun and games! I'm sure our Canadian
members can tell us all where to go for the "good stuff" if you ask nicely  ;)

Sign up and book those rooms, show your support for all Steve & Sue's efforts and come out and meet up with
all these cool people, you could make some lifelong friends if you just come on out and play!

Hope to see you all in the fall.

Pat and Sher in MA said:
Just registered, just like I promised Steve & Sue I would. Got home from the Spring Fling and got right on to
sign up for the Fall Rally that they are hosting. It will be an awesome time and if you remember your passports
or pass cards you can go to the great white north for a day or two of fun and games! I'm sure our Canadian
members can tell us all where to go for the "good stuff" if you ask nicely  ;)

Sign up and book those rooms, show your support for all Steve & Sue's efforts and come out and meet up with
all these cool people, you could make some lifelong friends if you just come on out and play!

Hope to see you all in the fall.

Well... There is...
https://www.visitkingston.ca/all-hopped-up-the-rise-of-microbreweries/

And there are these guys (which make amazing stuff, by the way): http://www.ganbeer.com/

But, beside the wineries in Prince Edward County, there is this place: http://www.princeeddys.com/

Darn, that's all beer stuff... But you get my drift!  :beerchug:

Well we have reservations and are now registered.  :Woot_Emoticon:

Just a note: the person at the motel that was handling our group is no longer with the resort. After multiple messages over multiple weeks, she was never at her desk or returned phone calls. I suggest just calling the normal reservation desk and keep hammering that COG has rooms set aside. It took a little work and overcoming misinformation the new front desk employee gave me. But all is sorted out. looking forward to seeing everyone.

Hi Cap'n Bob,

Thanks for the info on the hotel, I need to call them tomorrow to book our room so that information will
be very helpful to be sure things go well. We look forward to seeing you all soon!  :beerchug:

Room booked, Seemed to go okay without to much confusion and the pricing seemed to be correct.
So book those rooms and sign up now!

Just a quick update, This is the first time that I actually received the promised email confirmation from
a motel/hotel/resort so kudos to the woman who took my reservation and followed through very quickly
with my confirmation and even included a few links for things of interest. So again, Book those rooms!

We also just finished booking our room.  Josh was very friendly and got all the details right, too.

Looks to be a good one!

The block of rooms is being held until aug 19 so book those rooms ASAP.

We did have a minor change with the group sales manager, Alicia, leaving the hotel, but the new guy, Ethan, seems to be on board.

I don’t think we’re going to break any attendance records, but I think this is going to be a really nice relaxing destination rally.

Hope to see you all there.

Great to hear that Bob was able to set the hotel straight!  Thank you!

I'm hoping to get an update from them soon.  This has sure snuck right up on me!

WG said:
We also just finished booking our room.  Josh was very friendly and got all the details right, too.

Looks to be a good one!

Well, looks like I'll have to bring some more "stuff" to try... ;)

I see a lot of the regulars on the list... Should be a fun one.

Marc L.  from my 'hood should be registering soon and joining us, he told me about a dill pickle pizza place a couple hours out from Alexandria Bay that he's been wanting to try for a long time...

Hi Guys and Gals, just booked my room and as Bob stated Alicia was no longer working there so I too had problems getting a hold of her.  I pressed "0" instead and reserved my room right away no problems.  See you soon!

I have confirmed that when making a reservation just press "0" and mention Concours Owners Group.  If you have any issues you can ask for Lisa (Assistant Manager) or Ethan (General Manager/Owner).  They are in a bit of a transition at the moment as the group sales person is no longer there.  So far Lisa has been very helpful.

Thanks for your patience as we were getting this sorted out.

JohnnyLunchBox said:
While this is not going to be a technical riding rally per se, there are still some interesting rides in the area.  This is great resource to download GPS routes, and tailor them to your needs.

https://www.gotourny.com/find-your-ride/1000-islands

Some nice maps... Some start a fair bit out from Alexandria Bay...

Looking forward to doing some... But also plan to chill a lot, it's a nice scenic spot...

:beerchug:

Thanks for the heads up on the museum day Wayne.  Arrived in Alexandria Bay today and hung out
with the other cool kids including our event hosts Steve & Sue. Also arriving early were J.R. & Christine
and Wayne & Maryann. Already made a beer run and also tried Riley/s for a quick bite to eat tonight.
The resort is very nice and the weather is going to be fantastic so we look forward to seeing all of you
tomorrow when you arrive. Enjoy the ride and stay safe!

I really don't know who the cool kids are as I was never really one of them but since we were all here we started
the new group  :rotflmao:  Looking forward to you and the rest of the polar bear clubs arrival today! It's absolutely
beautiful here this morning and it's going to be a great day to ride and then hang out with all you friendly coggers!

See you all soon and ride safe!

The stream of coggers arriving has been good all afternoon and Steve and Sue are doing an excellent job
with registrations. We even have some walk in's signing up so the count continues to grow and the weather
is awesome. It was a great ride down to Sackett Bay with Wayne, Maryann, J.R. & Christine. We had a nice
lunch before returning back to Alexandria Bay and seeing the sea of Coggers arriving as we walked the main
street. Also managed to check out the antique wooden boats in town for a weekend show and some sampling
at the local distillery.

Wish you all were here to enjoy this great group and incredible weather!  :beerchug:

Wow, Just another beautiful day here at the N.E. Fall Rally. didn't ride today as we had the scenic boat tour
around the river and followed it up with a tour of Boldt Castle and grounds. The weather was amazing again
and the cog company was great yet again. We were also treated to a wonderful fireworks display that was set
off in front of Boldt Castle and over the river, A very nice display that was enjoyed by all. We also had another
round of fireside chatting and some great stories were told by everyone attending. The venue has been great
and our rally hosts Steve & Sue have put together a real winner for us so a major Thank You to them for all
the work put into making this a fantastic rally. We so wish more of you coggers had been able to attend this
awesome event.  :great:

Wow is Right! Well said Pat, there's not much one can add to that.

Thank you Steve and Sue and everyone for the great time!

we made it home a little bit ago after a stop on the way home to see some Lions, Tigers and Bears. For real, Oh my. All in all one of the best rallies for me. I do not think it could have been any more perfect. Steve and Sue did such a wonderful job I doubt anyone did not have a great time. Thank you guys for all your hard work. We for one really enjoyed ourselves this weekend. Now how to top this rally?

:pDT_Armataz_01_37:

Thanks Steve and Sue!  I tell you all the time but mean it. You make it look sooooo easy and we all know that was a lot of work.  Awesome event and great selection for lodging and the banquet dinner. It couldn’t have been better.  :great:  :beerchug:

Thanks to Sailor Rich for showing Dave, Dawn, Richard (Devil Dog) and I around his wonderful Country.  :great:  Good road choices.  :motonoises:

Another huge Thank You and  :You_Rock_Emoticon: as it was an awesome rally, So Thank You
for all the hard work and leg work that went into making it such a great event. The N.E. area
is blessed to have you as AAD's. Looking forward to seeing you all again in the spring but until
then keep the rubber side down and stay safe!

What an amazing rallye, location, weather, food, people.

A real blast! I feel bad for our regulars who couldn't make it. Looking forward to having another one there in the future!

Steve, Sue: fantastic choice! Thanks again for this chillin' time!

A photo from the Friday boat tour that has many of the COGgers.  Also a group photo (minus me) from our Saturday Canadian ride and the stop at the Kingston Locks.  As you can see, the weather was perfect!!

FallFlingBoat.jpg

Kingstonlocks.jpg

As a Founding Member of Cog, #19, I will have to say that this Fall rally was one the BEST rally I have ever attended. The location was Great. The facilities were Grea, the weather was Great and of course the people were OUTSTANDING. Sue and Steve did a fantastic job with this Rally from start to finish. As I said at the closing,
" Its not about the bike, its about the people". I hope I am around to attend the Spring Fling in Windham. Again, thanks to Sue and Steve.  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)