• FORUM NAME - If you are a COG Member and your user name does not match your name in the old forum or you just want a new one, you can now change it on your own. Read the Details Here

• If you are a current COG Member or Forum Subscriber and this is your first visit to our new site and forum, please go to www.concour.org and follow the instructions at the top of the page to activate your account and gain access to your site and forum.
  • Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2019 RIDE THE RIBBON

ZXtasy

couple more

Attachments

• RESPECTS_3.JPG
    RESPECTS_3.JPG
    349.9 KB · Views: 14
  • RESPECTS_4.JPG
    RESPECTS_4.JPG
    343.1 KB · Views: 13
  • RESPECTS_6.JPG
    RESPECTS_6.JPG
    322.5 KB · Views: 14
  • UKIAH_NUT.jpg
    UKIAH_NUT.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 19

Tim R

Staff member
Ben, there are some pictures which could use a little explanation. For instance the two animals strapped together. Can't read the signs hanging on them. Where they strapped together for ease of transportation or something else?  Thanks.

Daboo

Staff member
I think this is called the Little Tail of the Dragon.  I slowed down in it.  There were some rocks in places.  And no guardrails.  And frankly, I wanted to see what the scenery was like.

https://youtu.be/R_Vak6MKl38

Chris

danodemotoman

COG# 2877 WAAAD
Tim,

I can commiserate with ya!
Been riding with COG since 1997 on a new then '98 C10. 4 C10's and 300k mi continue riding a C10 converted to a C12 with the ZRX1200 engine and front forks/brake. (ZGRX1200) aka 'couldabeen' as Momma Kaw could have used the off the shelf parts to upgrade the bike as Dan Bergen did.
After attending 10 or so each of the BC and RTR and regional my rides longer than a day may be over since the heart bypass operation 2 years ago. Can still do a 400 mile day but not days....
So still riding local rides. Still have multiple MC's.
RIDE ON!!!

TimR said:
I would have loved to have joined you all. And I really appreciate the phone call more than you guys and gals will ever know. For those than may not know Dale called me to find out if I was still kicking or what. Yeah still here but staying close to home. I went to the Bun Cooler against the advice of my Doc but I'm hard headed any ways. I've been poked, stabbed, jabbed and bruised about everyway known to man kind for a little blood. It seems my veins see a needle and run the other way. My fun meter is pegged and they still can't tell me what's wrong. 

As I talked with Dale, we agreed he would tell Bob Rainey he made me mad and I wasn't coming back. I thought it would be fun for a little while but it got ruined when Bob had to say hi. This is sorts stuff is what makes this group what it is. A big family.

Speaking of if you remember John Ailtser who was with the guy on the Bergman and rode the Burgundy C10. John goes under the knife tomorrow for prostrate cancer. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Tim

ZXtasy

Well Tim I thought you would know this by now, but here goes. When a girl antelope and a boy antelope fall in love, they sometimes decide to make baby antelopes. (Anteluppies?) So after dinner, wine, and some expensive jewelry...

SO Ukiah has a crazy political store owner who has made his artistic statement about what the governor (top) is doing to the state/people of OR (bottom). My nephew Josh thought it was funny.

Tim R

Staff member
Well Ben I thought it could be something like that BUT I have never seen mother nature needing a helping hand from a ratchet strap before. Would have been a little easier to find a smarter Buck.  ;)

HeavyRotation

Mini Bike
ZXtasy said:
Well Tim I thought you would know this by now, but here goes. When a girl antelope and a boy antelope fall in love, they sometimes decide to make baby antelopes. (Anteluppies?) So after dinner, wine, and some expensive jewelry...

SO Ukiah has a crazy political store owner who has made his artistic statement about what the governor (top) is doing to the state/people of OR (bottom). My nephew Josh thought it was funny.
Haha, i was trying to remember Josh's name last week, it's the same as mine, I'm an idiot. I had so much fun at this event, I hope Ken is interested in putting it on for 2020, if needed I am glad to step up and help. Thinking of that lovely heat and wide open sweepers is really helping me cope with winter! Dakota got a Sumo to bring, still top speed limited but at least it's not a suicide shifter! 

ZXtasy

It was sure the high point of the event for me to get to ride with you and share stories, that Dakota is quite the rider...I loved following him to watch how he smoked that suicide shifter across Dooley pass and smell his brakes cooking to self destruction. Still roads I need to ride in that area, so maybe we will so a 20 20 event.

SidecarKen

Bob passed the banner to us year before last and we had been planning on continuing this year.  In January I contact the motel and get the rates locked in for us. 
feel free to msg me with anything you may want to happen or include in our informal meet and great.
Last year we talked about getting this a sanctioned ride, but in the past very few people wanted to pay higher fees to make this a ride.

The bun cooler has a high fee, but that includes insurance, door prizes and more that are paid for before you even show up.  The way we did it last seemed a different way to go.  We are planning to basically do it the same this year. 

HeavyRotation

Mini Bike
Ken said:
Bob passed the banner to us year before last and we had been planning on continuing this year.  In January I contact the motel and get the rates locked in for us. 
feel free to msg me with anything you may want to happen or include in our informal meet and great.
Last year we talked about getting this a sanctioned ride, but in the past very few people wanted to pay higher fees to make this a ride.

The bun cooler has a high fee, but that includes insurance, door prizes and more that are paid for before you even show up.  The way we did it last seemed a different way to go.  We are planning to basically do it the same this year.
It was my first COGish event so I can't compare it to a more structured one but i was very happy with the informality. A repeat of the process seems appropriate to me. I really liked the T shirt design, wear it a lot. Can't wait, like Zxtasy said, lots more to explore around there.

Gumby

Staff member
If I was in charge of things up there in the NW I would make all events free and call them meet and greets, ride to eats, or motorcycle socials. The camaraderie alone is worth the trek, who cares about that pair of socks I won at that rally thing y'all had in years past. :))

Except for the National of course. :truce:

Registration is now open, click here.
Do you have a room at rally central yet?

The Heathman Lodge Vancouver, Washington June 15th-19th 2020!