• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2020 LAVA RUN has been changed to a Meet and Greet Event

Just for ease of others understanding when and where: it's in Sisters, OR on Fri, Sat, Sun - August 14 / 15 / 16. 

If first timers want to know of it:
1) area has really good riding routes in every just about every direction, and
2) Sisters, OR is located in central Oregon, Google Maps ...
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Sisters,+Oregon//@44.8456833,-122.2454659,6.5z/data=!4m8!4m7!1m5!1m1!1s0x54bf30b47c2cf1a9:0x85dd298592775554!2m2!1d-121.5492119!2d44.2909491!1m0

Here are links to the two past Lava Run photo threads:
http://forum.cog-online.org/northwest-events/more-lavarun-2019-photos/

and a year earlier ...
http://forum.cog-online.org/northwest-events/lava-run-2018-picture-thread/

so what's the difference with a meet and greet?  isn't that kind of what we always do?
-tdbru

Okay I'm registered that makes eight of us now. If three more people register, >:D to stay within the law of Oregon will need to turn it into a meet and greet and protest all will need is some fireworks in spray paint and maybe a few signs. Or if we want to override the laws of Oregon we can make it a meet and cheat. I have a few ideas on things I'd like to protest however this probably is not the place to announce them. >:D

:motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: >:D :)
Looking forward to as many people that can Join us for this ride , sounds like it’s gonna be a fun meet and Cheet.

We have access to a kitchen, and will be bringing a grill!!!!
Much like Charlies post, for his ride, some of us will be eating at the motel and bringing lunches.  If you want to join us, give me a shout!

Getting stir crazy working from home so registered for both(lava run and volcano ride that is)! Looking forward to some great rides and meeting new friends!

Robert

I just registered for the Lava Run. Meredith, my wife, will be coming along also. I couldn't figure out how to include her on the registration form. And also we have a room for two nights at Sisters Inn and Suites. Looking forward to getting together, but not to close, in a couple weeks.

Ken said:
We have access to a kitchen, and will be bringing a grill!!!!
Much like Charlies post, for his ride, some of us will be eating at the motel and bringing lunches.  If you want to join us, give me a shout!

SHOUT!

Hope I wasn't shouting too loud. See you there, cash in hand.  :)

Craig is going to post that we will be cooking some food there.  We have a room with a kitchen available.  tacos one night, brats one night.  bacon egg scramble for breakfast.  pay as you go.  check out ride the ribbon post. for more info.  just need a head count.
:pokestick:

Anybody that has signed up for the volcano run be sure and give us a count of how many would like meals, they Kinder and Brian are going to provide breakfast and dinners breakfast looks like they’re gonna be about five dollars a head and dinners gonna be about seven dollars a head so if you’re planning on going please get back with the Ken or myself and let us know so we can have a headcount so they know how much food to bring Kendra and Brian are going to be the ones bringing the food and Kendra‘s gonna be doing a lot of the cooking but we do need a headcount please😃

I planned a route that is no interstate,
mostly west side to take advantage of
cooler temps. 10 hours from my house to the
hotel. Let me know if you want to tag
along.

That is great someone is providing meals. Meredith and I are planning on attending the event and will join in on the meals. Thanks

Sorry i can;t go.. again.
Daughter going thru side neck radiation treatment after 8" scar on neck removing lymph nodes. 5 days a week for 6 weeks. No chemo.
On the positive side 90% chance of treatment removal of cancer and recovery.

2020 just won't quit. Nancy and I rolled through Detroit on our way to Sisters, and a group of us went through Detroit on our way home. Chris, Andy and I stopped there for a break on our way to Sisters a couple of years ago. A great little mountain town next to a lake, and it's no more. Appreciate and enjoy the splendor we live in and travel through and to, because you never know when it will fall victim to natural disaster. Please pray (or whatever it is when you do you) for the people of Detroit.